e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.1

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 1/2/2010 2:15:00 PM

Just excellent! If you are thinking about getting Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals - get this FIRST - it's one fifth the price and has the SAME ingredients! so awesome. and just like BE, comes with a brush

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

on 4/18/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Simply put: effective, healing, and amazing. Sulfur is a wonderful treatment for acne and I was delighted to find this super cheap miracle. Lightly dabbing this mineral powder on a blemish (even a cyst) will reduce it within hours, along with concealing it. I plan on buying some every time I go to Target.

This is a very elegant solution to drying up the occasional pimple. I use this at night only--I never use powder in the daytime. The sulfur content is adequate to do the trick, maybe not overnight, but close. I would say that this is a very nice product.

on 6/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I wasn't sure this was a product I really needed since I don't have breakouts that often. Still, I needed something to treat the blemishes I do get and wasn't having much success with other products. Since I have been generally satisfied with several products in E.L.F.'s mineral line I decided it was worth a shot on a half price sale. This is the best blemish treatment I've ever used. Even better, it conceals the blemish while it's healing it. The included brush makes application smooth & easy. The powder is fine enough it blends in easily with my other makeup. This is an E.L.F. item I'll gladly pay full price for when I need to replace it.

Hmm. Well I love the idea of this product - a pure mineral powder that conceals blemishes as it treats them overnight. I've been with my chap for 15 years, but I'd still like to look non-scary at night if I can. So I snapped this up and was excited to try it.
Sadly, it's only ok, and only barely that. It hasn't made my blemishes worse, and may have helped a little; it's hard to tell. But it doesn't really cover anything up - I can't get it to stay on my face at all! It just floats off in a powdery way. I'm accustomed to using mineral makeup, so it's not unfamiliarity with it that's the problem.
The other thing I don't like about it is that it contains bismuth oxychloride. I don't really know why they'd put that in - it's an irritant and it makes the product weirdly shiny, thus highlighting the spots you're trying to conceal!
A company called Elemental Beauty make a similar thing with better ingredients, so I will send off for a sample of that instead. Will probably use this up (maybe as a highlighter!) but will not repurchase.

I was absolutely thrilled to find it at Target so I had to try it out. I've been battling acne on one side of my face for so long so I'm willing to try anything at this point. I really don't mind the smell so I put some on before I put on makeup and before I go to bed. I'm pleased to say that I awoke to clearer skin with less redness, smaller pimples compared to the previous night and a more even complexion. I was so excited that I went out and bought two more for storage :P My only quip with this is the packaging. It is a little difficult to get it out so I just give it a shake or two. Overall this is a gift from the universe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

on 7/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This product is my holy grail. I use the mineral blemish kit daily night and day. It helps calm down the redness of a zit as well as shrink it. It goes on sheer for fair skin. If you have darker skin you may have to blend it in a bit more. It doesn't dry out your skin or have a harsh smell since it contains sulfur.

I don't have a problem with the little brush. It may be a little scratchy for some but I don't find it bothersome. It holds the powder on top rather then get swirled into the brush which helps you apply the powder to your blemish instead of losing the powder in the brush. Be sure to wash the brush often as it's coming in close contact to germs.

The container is nice too. The top can double as a mirror if you are in a pinch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff and the High Definition Powder together. This product was FAR better than I was expecting and I find it to be multipurpose. I use it in the morning and at night over my regular spot treat to give it an extra kick and it works FANTASTIC as a regular setting powder. The color works amazing with my skin tone and adds a bit of extra coverage. A little pricey compared the rest of the ELF line but still TOTALLY worth it!