e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.1

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 1/2/2010 2:15:00 PM

Just excellent! If you are thinking about getting Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals - get this FIRST - it's one fifth the price and has the SAME ingredients! so awesome. and just like BE, comes with a brush

on 1/26/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a steal compared to BE's rareminerals blemish therapy!!! I'm SO glad that I ordered this for $8 instead of spending $30 at Ulta! I haven't noticed much difference in my skin, but I haven't been putting it on consistently (I've only used it 2-3x within the last 2 weeks). My guess is that if the BE one works for you, this one will too!

I already had Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals and when I saw this I just had to purchase to see how it worked in comparison. Honestly it's like using the same stuff! And this sells for $8...what a steal! I've already bought 2 of these and will repurchase when I run out. If you like the mineral blemish care stuff, you should love this! I know that I do for my occasional break-outs this works like a charm. :)

on 8/16/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My acne was all cleared up until recently. I haven't been using my AHA 12% Souffle cream at night because I was sick. So, I ordered this blemish kit for a quick fix, and quick fix it is. I have been applying the mineral blemish treatment and my two blemishes are gone in two days. The brush that comes with the kit is excellent. I wish the brush was a little longer in length, so that it would fit in my brush container. I have been washing the brush with my face cleanser every night ~ keeping the brush clean is very important, otherwise you are putting more dirt on your face.

I love how the mineral blemish treatment covers up my flaws while it is treating them. Where was this treatment years ago when I was single with zits and having sleep overs with my dates ~ HA! I like this product and the price is right at $4.00 (50% off coupon). I will definitely buy this product again...

Hmm. Well I love the idea of this product - a pure mineral powder that conceals blemishes as it treats them overnight. I've been with my chap for 15 years, but I'd still like to look non-scary at night if I can. So I snapped this up and was excited to try it.
Sadly, it's only ok, and only barely that. It hasn't made my blemishes worse, and may have helped a little; it's hard to tell. But it doesn't really cover anything up - I can't get it to stay on my face at all! It just floats off in a powdery way. I'm accustomed to using mineral makeup, so it's not unfamiliarity with it that's the problem.
The other thing I don't like about it is that it contains bismuth oxychloride. I don't really know why they'd put that in - it's an irritant and it makes the product weirdly shiny, thus highlighting the spots you're trying to conceal!
A company called Elemental Beauty make a similar thing with better ingredients, so I will send off for a sample of that instead. Will probably use this up (maybe as a highlighter!) but will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm disappointed... It's worked for eeeeeverybody else.... But me. Like always, something that has been raved by eeeeeeeeverybody else, never works for me, 99% of the time. Although I have been trying to use less face makeup and this does soften any blemish and redness so it works for that, but as for drying up blemishes and stuff, nope! But for sure give it a try since it has worked wooonders for eeeeeeverbody else. [;

on 11/2/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good stuff. I've used the mario badescu healing powder but I like this better. Has a more natural tone and it's very inexpensive compared to the MB healing powder or the BE Rare Minerals. I use it all over just as a powder and it fights blemishes. My skin is doing well and this didn't irritate it like most things do. I will definitely repurchase and will keep using it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, I like Elf, and I'm on weird terms with this product. I really like the concept of it and everything, I'm just not sure if it works. It says that you can wear it overnight and everything to fight blemishes, but if I do that it tends to just float off. So instead I just use it as an overall powder, which works alright even though I have to reapply a few times - due to the floating off part. It doesn't really smell like sulfur, which I suppose is good, but then again doesn't really reassure me if it is working, or even what the sulfur concentration is. Either way, I think that it's helped my skin a bit and matches my skin tone perfectly. Have and will continue to purchase again.

on 2/4/2011 10:33:00 PM

this is really good for dry skin, you just drab it on the blemishes and whitin a few hours they look better.
i had used a blackhead remover on my forhead and nose, and was really red, and just by using this product my blackheads havent come back at all around and on my nose. The pores are smaller. its great. Didnt work all that well on the forehead thou, but im gonna give it time..

This is a really good alternative to the BareMinerals treatment! It has the same sulfur amount (3.0%) without the ugly smell! I was honestly stunned when I saw this @ Target and I just had to try it! I guess the only gripe I have with it is that I find it a teeny bit hard to get a proper amount of product through the jar but I don't mind. I'm definitely going back to this $4 miracle!