E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by age: 25-29
E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.3

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I LOVE this product. It is one of those products that when I find, I buy all of them! I cant seem to find it at stores anymore though :(
I DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AS INTENDED though. I have zero acne and pimples but I suffer terribly from under eye circles and concealers have been that one item I have 20 different versions of but can't seem to find the right one (Until recently when I sampled IT cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye *winner*).

I use this product as a loose powder to set my concealer basically and help it from caking in my eye wrinkles. It's the only product I have found that goes on almost clear and doesn't change tone when layered a bit. I have tried the Bare Minerals Veil, Too Faced Invisible Powder, which all gave me a pinkish tone or looked horribly caked when I applied over one layer (yes my wrinkles are that bad that I need more than one layer of powder.) Also, countless other set and loose powders and nothing until I tried this baby on a whim because it was on clearance about 3 years ago.

It's the only thing I use now for setting my concealer. But I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore aside from the website (which when I need it, doesn't have it). I got lucky and found 2 at Big Lots a year ago and they do last me around a year. But I hope they never discontinue this product. EVER.

on 2/8/2013 10:08:00 AM

I think I got this on an ELF sale for something insane like $2 and I quite like it. I've always found powder to be the most effective at concealing blemishes (I'm possibly biased - I only wear powder foundation on my face, no liquids, etc.) but I usually demure from wearing just a regular powder on them because I'm afraid it will clog the pores/make the situation worse.
This is a wonderful blemish healing/concealing solution. The powder itself is super fine and a little goes a very long way. I'm rather fair and it blends in perfectly - not so light as to highlight the mark but not in any way pink or yellow or any other noticeable shade either.
I can't attest as to where the powder stops blemishes, but it's blemish fighting ingredients do seem to sort of stop them from getting any worse once you start using it on them and perhaps help to gradually make them go away. If you need a real pimple buster, this isn't it - you've got to go for something stronger - but this is a very nice way to keep fighting against them during the day while covering them up. The ingredients are not irritating in the least, so you could also use this over larger sections of your face that you are prone to breakout on.
The packaging is quality, with a little powder brush included that is the perfect density for the job and a mineral style pot that taps out a little powder at a time so none goes to waste.
A gentle blemish fighter that effectively conceals as it works in a sleek, efficient package for a couple bucks? What more can we ask for? I definitely recommend this little miracle.

on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

- Used as a loose powder does not look so good, I am used to better powders.
- If I need this kind of acne treatment overnight, I can buy some sulphur/zinc powder from pharmacy, much cheaper ....
+ Way how to get a small sifter jar and a brush. It has plastic hair similar to foundation brush. I like it for applying eyeshadows.