e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by age: 19-24
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I works buy this product every time if they still made it. The ingredients are almost identical to the ingredients found in the bare minerals healing powder... Only difference? This stuff was a quarter of the price. Packed with tons of skin loving ingredients. Tea tree, sulfur and aloe just to name a few. I put this over spots when they pop up and they're gone within a day. The real place this product shines though is when I apply it all over my face with a powder brush before bed, after cleansing and moisturizing of course. As for the smell, I find it faintly lemony and very pleasant. Why on earth would elf discontinue such an amazing product, it's beyond me. The only good thing is this stuff will last forever, such a small amount is needed. Bring it back!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I figured I should just write a damn review for this product since I keep coming back to this page.

So I bought this (among many other items) from the e.l.f. website, and I'd say it's an okay product overall. I find it doesn't really help clear up my pimples--suddenly I've been getting quite a few of them lately. I'm applying it in the morning, throughout the day, and at night but the pimple just seems to stay the same. It does conceal it a little bit but it's pretty much sheer. I wouldn't say this powder smells like a septic tank, for some reason I don't sense a gassy smell, and it doesn't smell that bad. If you're used to natural scented products you'd probably be able to handle this.

I'm going to keep using it like this, as well as apply it to my entire face, and see if I get better results.

I was absolutely thrilled to find it at Target so I had to try it out. I've been battling acne on one side of my face for so long so I'm willing to try anything at this point. I really don't mind the smell so I put some on before I put on makeup and before I go to bed. I'm pleased to say that I awoke to clearer skin with less redness, smaller pimples compared to the previous night and a more even complexion. I was so excited that I went out and bought two more for storage :P My only quip with this is the packaging. It is a little difficult to get it out so I just give it a shake or two. Overall this is a gift from the universe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff and the High Definition Powder together. This product was FAR better than I was expecting and I find it to be multipurpose. I use it in the morning and at night over my regular spot treat to give it an extra kick and it works FANTASTIC as a regular setting powder. The color works amazing with my skin tone and adds a bit of extra coverage. A little pricey compared the rest of the ELF line but still TOTALLY worth it!

This is a really good alternative to the BareMinerals treatment! It has the same sulfur amount (3.0%) without the ugly smell! I was honestly stunned when I saw this @ Target and I just had to try it! I guess the only gripe I have with it is that I find it a teeny bit hard to get a proper amount of product through the jar but I don't mind. I'm definitely going back to this $4 miracle!

on 2/4/2011 10:33:00 PM

this is really good for dry skin, you just drab it on the blemishes and whitin a few hours they look better.
i had used a blackhead remover on my forhead and nose, and was really red, and just by using this product my blackheads havent come back at all around and on my nose. The pores are smaller. its great. Didnt work all that well on the forehead thou, but im gonna give it time..

on 1/26/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a steal compared to BE's rareminerals blemish therapy!!! I'm SO glad that I ordered this for $8 instead of spending $30 at Ulta! I haven't noticed much difference in my skin, but I haven't been putting it on consistently (I've only used it 2-3x within the last 2 weeks). My guess is that if the BE one works for you, this one will too!