Ocean Potion SPF 15 Sunscreen

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/31/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm always trying out new sunscreen and bought this on a whim when I saw it at Rite Aid because of the good reviews. I had used the OP SPF 30 years ago and remember liking it but again, am always trying new stuff and just never repurchased it. Anyway, I wanted something to rotate with my more expensive StriVectin SPF 30 (have another reveiw on this one) that would wear well under makeup, protect and stay more matte. This definitley fits the bill. The only thing is I wish the tube was actually smaller and more travel friendly but I will definitley repurchase. P.S. I actually like the smell too.

PROS: Smells great. Cute color of product. Finally a nonsticky, thin sunblock!

CONS: I wouldn't use this on my face unless I needed water resistant on the face (still too thick and slightly oily.)

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this on your face and if you get clogged pores, you may want to remove this with something like a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser so that it doesn't clog your pores.

From their website: Solaplex(TM), enhances the stability of Parsol® 1789 (Avobenzone) which makes Ocean Potion sunscreens more reliable and longer lasting.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

**********There is a review with a more "correct" name: Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 15 Ultra Light**********

on 6/7/2007 9:34:00 PM

My absolute favorite sunscreen! I cannot find this stuff where we live so when we go away to the beach, I like to stock up. It is non-tacky, dries matte and the SPF is great. Plus, like most of the other reviewers before me have said, it smells JUST like an orange Dreamsicle!

~*~EDIT~*~ They finally sell it here where I live now! :-)

on 5/27/2007 11:18:00 PM

I just bought this product today and I love it. It goes on creamy and then dries to a complete matte finish. It's like I'm not wearing anything at all. It's now my HG sunscreen!