Sukin Moisture Restoring Conditioner

Sukin Moisture Restoring Conditioner
Moisture Restoring ConditionerMoisture Restoring Conditioner

4.6

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Chamomile), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Arctium Lappa Extract (Burdock), Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail), Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Citrus Paradisi Extract (Grapefruit Seed), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Linalool,* Limonene.*

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This conditioner is great for fragile hair, like actually fantastic. Definitely one of the best I've ever used. The price is also amazingly affordable in comparison to other sulfate/silicone free vegan friendly ranges.

ADVICE & TIPS:

First things first, this conditioner will not work properly if you have silicones (dimethicone, cyclomethicone, cyclosiloxane, etc) in your hair, because silicones work as a casing around your hair strands and the moisture can't get in.
You need to use a clarifying shampoo once forehand that contains sulfate but not silicones (Herbal Essence's Drama Clean is a good cheap option ($6), it doesn't need to be quality, you're only using it like once).If you regularly use treatments or styling products containing silicones you will need to wash with a clarifying shampoo again before you use this conditioner.
I tend to use the Sukin moisture shampoo in combination with the clarifying shampoo at a 1:1 ratio if I need to so that I don't use too much of it.

For the rest of the time you can just use it like normal, gently spread through your hair and rinse. If you have very dry hair you could leave it in for a couple of minutes. It also helps to massage it in, but be gentle with your hair.

If your hair is bleach damaged: this on it's own won't be that much help. I'd probably recommend switching between this and the protein conditioner. Definitely only use shampoo maybe once a week and the rest of the time use just conditioner. Shampoo only the roots, the shampoo will run down the rest of the hair on it's own.

REVIEW:

The shampoo doesn't really have anything noticeably special about it if I'm honest. It cleans my hair and everything but i could probably get away with not using it every time i wash my hair and instead just using the conditioner since it doesn't weigh down my hair much at all.

I said earlier this conditioner was good for fragile hair (coloured, dry, fine, etc). It's light enough that it doesn't weight it down or make it look greasy, but it makes your hair very soft to the touch, and given your hair isn't bleach damaged it makes it also makes it very shiny. My favorite feeling is when you rinse this out of your hair in the shower, it feels SO silky.

The conditioner also lasts obscenely long, like I thought it was nearly done and i was barely halfway through the bottle. It's kind of hard to tell how far done you are though since you cant really see through the bottle, you have to hold it up to a bright light. I probably wouldn't get the huge bottles, since you need to switch between moisture and protein and all, the length the normal bottle lasts is more than enough.

So all in all I'll definitely keep using this. Great price value, great results, and easy to come by.

on 10/29/2015 10:51:00 PM

I have fine and very damaged hair and I would definitely recommend this. I would choose this shampoo and condition over my Redken diamond oils because it just feels a lot healthier and air dries a lot better then other shampoo and conditioners iv used. My hair is frizzy as hell because of damage and the humidity in Australia. But this product seemed to smooth it out. I would definitely recommend this for someone who has just gone through a big chemical relapse and thirsty hair.

on 7/21/2015 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I picked this conditioner up from Winners because they still didn't have my usual HG conditioner in stock. I'm open to trying new things so I gave this product a shot based on the reviews here. The smell of this conditioner is very pleasant and natural smelling and only lingers slightly in my hair, so it's great for folks sensitive to scents. I also like the consistency of the product, since it is quite thick. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle and that it had a pump, or that I am able to turn it upside down because of how thick the conditioner is. It's also slippery so it helps with detangling my hair in the shower. I didn't find that it helps with detangling after rinsing it out and still needed to use a detangler. The main thing is that it leaves my hair feeling so clean. I only co-wash and this stuff doesn't leave any sort of residue and I'm able to have soft hair for days without feeling greasy or itchy. It doesn't particularly help my curls become AS defined and curly as I would like, but I still think it works pretty well in comparison to other conditioners. I'd buy it again if I saw it on the shelf, but not before my HG.

on 7/7/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is a lightweight conditioner for dry tight curls. I like it for co-washing. It's a herbal-citrusy in scent and thin in consistency. It is moisturizing but it is not long lasting.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love love love this conditioner. I've been in the transition lately of getting rid of and using up all my old beauty products, and making the switch to organic, cruelty free, and preferably vegan products. I discovered the Sukin brand at my local whole foods store, and loved their skincare line, and I found myself wondering if they carried shampoo and conditioner as well. Lucky me, they did ! I opted for the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, as I thought they suited my thick, longer, dehydrated hair better than the "purifying" line, or the "protein" line (probably meant to strengthen damaged hair). My hair gets split ends easily, for a person who doesn't use much heat on their hair. I don't bleach it, blow dry it, or straighten or curl it. I'll flat iron just the front of my hair and that's good enough for me lol. So needless to say, my hair is in pretty good condition. Anyways, this conditioner is seriously amazing. I've used it a few times now, and I must say its the best conditioner I've ever used. Coconut oil and this conditioner is all I will ever need to condition my hair ! Very light and creamy in texture, I feel comfortable putting this on my scalp and rubbing it into my roots. It rinses out very clean, with no residue. Kind of amazing how this manages to give so much moisture and shine to the hair, without ever weighing it down or creating any buildup. I love that this is made without any parabens, sulfates, animal products, etc. The matching moisturizing shampoo is not near as good, though. The shampoo is actually quite drying, in my opinion. It's difficult to distribute in the hair, and makes it feel straw-like, until you use the conditioner (which you will end up needing more of with continued use of the shampoo). Do yourself a favor and skip the shampoo, go with a different sulfate free option. You can also leave this conditioner in for a couple hours for a good deep conditioning treatment. For the price, you can't go wrong !

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have thick strands prone to frizz like hell and can sometimes be dry especially with all the heat I apply to it everyday
This conditioner works well and I find the fragrance of it acceptable and sweet
As I'm always on the budget for everything that cost money, I find this expensive, though since it claimed to be natural and an import I can't really argue with that
Mind you, without parabens ( which I don't have a problem with) this product is advised to be used within 6 months after opening... I've left a bottle once for about a year since I was saving it and it went bad (guessing by how it smells funny) so best to follow the advise on expiries and best before
I've nit tried it with sukin shampoo since I have a huge bottle of cheap shampoo to finish ( and buying it with its shampoo is too expensive for me atm) so I don't know how well it works with the shampoo
I have no allergic reactions towards it so its a huge thumbs up for me since I have super sensitive skin everywhere, though you have to try it yourselves for a while to see how you will react to it
Don't expect sudden change, like from a lions mane to shampoo model hair, since the lack of common cosmetic chemicals, it doesn't give you results like those conditioners, and the lack of those chemicals maybe suitable for sensitive skin/hair since they may be harsh, which makes it suitable/safer for everyday use
Thumbs up for sukin

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This conditioner is awessssoooooome. Nothing I can fault it on whatsoever. Hg!

LOVE this stuff. My hair is straw, brittle, and thin. It's really dry from all the hair dye I have used in the past. I have used so many conditioners and none of them seemed really hydrate my hair. Got this for 7.99$ at Marshalls, and it was the best thing I ever did! I use it as a hair mask, sleep with it in my hair over night, shower cap on, and rinse in the morning to nourished and moisturized hair that is not weighted down or greasy. Highly recommend, I plan on stocking up on the stuff anytime I see it.

I love this cinditioner!!!! I have fine hair that tangles super fast. This conditioner makes my brush glide through my hair when wet. I let my hair air dry and it's not weighed down or coated. I love the natural ingredients in this conditioner. Aloe, sesame seed oil, shea butter.....so healthy! I love what it doesn't contain too. No sulphates, no mineral oils, no animal derivatives....and it's not tested on animals!!! And it's 100% vegan! Not too pleased with the matching shampoo though.

on 4/24/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the Sukin conditioners. I get them for $8 at TJ Maxx and it has made my hair really tangle-free, manageable, shiny and healthy. My hair stylist has noticed it as well! :)