Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

I recently got Sally Hansen Complete in Arm Candy which is almost white, and Au Natural a skin tone color.

If you are looking for light colors that don't streak (which I hate) and are not really sheer, these are just right. they are promo'd on a display with colors for all skin tones in the stores right now.
Stay on nicely too,

Recommend.

on 5/22/2016 10:56:00 AM

I was impressed at first with this product but after one week of use my nails started to peel. I would suggest use caution using this product. My daughter used it as well and her nails are also in horrible shape. I have bought a oil treatment to help get my nails back in shape. This was not worth the damage done to my nails. Use with caution..

To Read all 234 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Guys, I love this polish! I love the look of the bottles, I love the beautiful and classy color selection. I love the rounded, wide brush. I think the formulation is not too thick or too thin. But most of all, it wears for a long time for me. I use Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat, two coats of polish, and Seche Vite as a top coat.
#240 Pink Pong is a light mauve/subtle cream color which I love for work. #311 So Much Fawn is mauve cream as well but slightly darker and slightly warmer. I also have #480 Wine Not which is a beautiful burgundy wine color with VERY subtle shimmer and is gorgeous for fall, winter or holidays.
I like these polishes much more than OPI and Essie. And the higher drug store price doesn't bother me.

on 5/12/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I never normally wear nail polish, because I can't stand chipping after one or two days. I bought this nail polish for fun, and applied it on a Sunday. it is now Thursday, and my nails look as fresh and chip-free as the day I applied the nail polish! I am so impressed. I will be buying multiple colours, and I will honestly probably never buy another brand again. This includes OPI etc.

on 2/20/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this polish and have been using it for years.

•Glides on incredibly smooth
•Easy to apply. Brush fans out and has tapered edges, which neatly and quickly coats entire nail in 3 strokes.
•Brush/cap has a nice weight to it, which also helps make application better.
•Opaque formula means you can get away with 1 coat (for most colors) if you’re in a hurry and just need to look presentable.
•Applies smooth, not streaky. It’s a thick formula, but not dry, tacky or goop-y.
•Dry-to-touch time is about average. Cure time takes a bit longer than thinner polishes i.e. Don’t do a thick coat within two hours of going to bed otherwise the polish may get “smushed” by morning.

For those with frequently experience chipped polish, I strongly recommend using a 4-sided nail buffer before application of this or any polish. You absolutely need to prep your nails to get a successful application of ANY nail polish. It’s simply a must, and GREATLY extends your wear-time. That, and otherwise just be kind to your nails as much as possible!

My current go-to color is Brown Nose which is a dusty rose mauve. It's sophisticated, neutral and great for everyday wear. I like pairing Brown Nose for nails with Ginger Zinger for toes. I have long loved Kook A Mango in the summertime, but alas my tastes these days are becoming more subtle as I enter my 30s. It’s still a fun one I’ll hang onto for at least one more summer. Shall We Dance is a nice sheer pink for your plain jane daily look, but you definitely need two coats minimum.

I do not like Sheer Bliss (too sheer for me, doesn't look like color in bottle) or At First Blush (this is the only one I find applies streaky and too opaque, like Barbie nails.) I also hate (yes, hate!) Commander in Chic, but that’s strictly because it does not flatter my skin tone. I’m a pale Caucasian with a slightly cool skin tone and slightly reddish hands. The formula of Commander in Chic is fine so if i suits your skin tone, go for it.

I hope my review has been helpful, but perhaps a touch too long? - I’m waiting for my nails to dry as we speak : )

on 11/1/2015 1:21:00 AM

I am actually surprised at amount of good reviews on this. First off how do you guys get this nail polish to ever set? Ive tried the sally Hansen dry & go drops, sally Hansen install DRI and I've even tried the sprays that are supposed to dry polish quicker. After 46 minutes this nail polish still doesn't dry! The colors ate beautiful, the application is beautiful, you only need two coats tops for the true color to show up, but for crying out loud I just cannot wear ANY of these shades without it smearing. I don't have this problem with any of he other sally Hansen polishes or any other nail polishes, but this particular formula is a nightmare for me. I've tried every trick on pintrwst and every quick dry top coat available for purchase and basically I just end up removing it hours later this because I this demon of a nail polish never dries. Pretty much defeats the whole purple of nail polish. And if I do get it to dry, the next day the polish will look dull and textured kind of like when you go to sleep with damp nail polish. I'd suggest anything else by sally Hansen but this

on 5/27/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This polish does not last any longer than any of the other brands I have tried, including OPI and China Glaze. The tips of my nails started to show wear the next day, and after two or three days, I had to add another coat. Then the new coat started to show wear, so I added ANOTHER coat which did the same thing. It has now been one week, and I have to remove it all and start over because it looks like crap. Even though this is supposed to be an all-in-one polish that doesn't need a base or top coat, I used SH Insta-Grip Fast Dry Base Coat and SH Insta-Dri Top Coat, but they didn't make this polish last any longer. The only thing I liked about this polish was the color. The color I used was Kook-a-Mango which I got at Walmart for $4.99 with a coupon. This is just another product that doesn't live up to the hype. I was really hoping that it would, but no such luck.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it is."

on 4/12/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hear hear to the last few (negative) reviews posted. This formula is maybe one of the very worst when it comes to wear time. Base and top coat? Doesn't matter, your manicure will not last. You could be making your bed, texting on the phone, washing your hands, any number of light activities and somehow the color will chip instantly. You give up on even wanting to try to your nails nicely when you apply it, because in no time at all they will be destroyed anyway.

This is a true shame, because the color selection draws me every time I pass it in the store, and if I see a shade I like, I will buy it even though I know what I know about the lasting time and balk at the price every time.

One plus, besides colors, is you can't beat the drying time, at least in my experience. One coat takes a minute, maybe two to dry completely. Two coats and a top coat obviously a bit longer, but can be done under 5 minutes which is great when you have to re-do them because you did them yesterday afternoon and the color has chipped already......

So, will I buy this product again even though I will regret it? Over and over again, yes, I will. Well played, Sally Hansen. [[long sigh]]

on 3/15/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have to agree with the review Juliaandhercat wrote. This is truly a horrible product.

1. Expensive: I'm a fan of expensive nail polishes...but only when they have something special to offer. This line provides very generic colours (which isn't a problem) but for some reason I am paying a lot more than I should for something of this quality.

2. Wear time: No more than three days. Enough said.

3. Application: The brush is huge which I saying something since my nails/nail bed are larger than normal. Also the cut of the brush is not to my liking. It's flat brush with a rounded tip which collects the nail polish evenly...but collects far too much.

4. Formula: The formula seems very thick. I have a decade old polish that is thinner and more even/easy to apply than this. Because of the viscosity, the polish pools around the sides of my nails leaving the middle thin and the sides thick with polish.

5. Dry time: I don't like a nail polish that I have to wait an hour to dry for....and that's just one layer.

I gave this two lippies for : variety of colours and packaging. I like how sturdy the bottle feels and I also love the rubber-band that is on the applicator stem.

Overall, this is not a cheap nail polish (~$7 CAD), but I love the other Sally Hansen polishes that run only about $3.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think this polish is absolutely awful.
I was very excited to try this because there is a beautiful colour range, and the bottles are so pretty as well. Since it was one of the most expensive drugstore polishes, and it claimed to be an all in one product I expected high quality results. It turned out to be so bad, that I thought I might have gotten some kind of faulty or expired product, but I bought two shades (Barracuda and Ruby Do), I tried applying them on multiple occasions with different techniques and they always turned out horribly.
Firstly, I didn't care for the brush. It's larger than most, and rounded. I found it hard to paint the edges of my nails because of this, and application was messy. To be fair, it could be because I keep my nails fairly short, but if it was just the brush I didn't like, I wouldn't give this a one star review. It was just one of many things that went wrong for me.
The first coat looked uneven and a little dull, but it does say to apply two coats so I went ahead and did another. It doesn't improve with two. It looks streaky, some parts darker than others. It doesn't seem to make any difference how carefully I apply it, it looks this way every time for me. Also, after the second coat it looks obviously thick and unattractive.
The first couple of times I tried this, I didn't use a top coat because there is supposed to be one built in and it claims to be chip resistant, but the first day of wear it chipped almost entirely away. I'm not talking a little bit of tip wear or anything, I mean half my nails were gone. I really wanted to make this work, so I tried it with the top coat I usually wear and they still had major chipping within the first day.
This is one of the few products I've ever tried that were so bad they made me legitimately angry. I have never had such a bad experience with nail polish before, even with the cheap Wet N Wild ones. The Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line costs almost a quarter of the price and has always worked wonderfully for me. If you are going to buy one of the higher priced drugstore polishes, Essie is the way to go.

Popular Polishes