Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

on 1/8/2018 5:45:00 AM

My review is for "Pink a Card." This color looks so PRETTY in the bottle. That is where the good times end. This is one of the worst Sally Hensen polishes that I have purchased. I can only describe it as watery/thin/low-quality (???) I tried it multiple ways to give it a chance. The first time was just with a clear base coat and even after two coats, it went on very thinly with see-through areas. The second time I tried, I used no base coat, applied 3 coats and hours later it looked streaky and cheap. (Wet and Wild never looked this BAD!!! And that says A LOT). Third time, I used a darker nail polish (Sally Hansen "Mauve Over" - Hard As Nails Extremewear) as my basecoat. This helped immensely, as the light pink takes hold and acquires some opacity. I will add a THIRD "Pink a Card" layer today, then follow with a top coat, in hopes of salvaging this bogus polish. If no success, I will return it to the store. Disappointed. The 'Salon Manicure' line seems to be garbage: had the same experience with "Aflorable."

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've bought it in color 470 Red My Lips.

Pros:
- the color is beautiful cool tone classic red;
- great wide oval brush for those who do not have tiny nails;
- it stays put really well. It didn't chip on me for 5 days, just wore off the edges.

Cons:
- I thought it's a great affordable alternative to Butter London nail polishes, but unlike those Sally Hansen stained my nails. One step manicure polish, in my opinion, shouldn't be leaving nails stained;
- the brush is not well cut, some bristles are the tiny bit longer than other;
- you must wait for polish to dry before applying the second coat, otherwise polish will slightly drag and you'll need to apply a really thick layer to cover that.

Won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only brand I've found that will last me a week or more. Most polishes chip within the first few days or start crumbling in the corners but this formula lasts really well! The formula seems very different from the others as it remains flexible even after i dries down - As other go hard and flaky, this is still pliable which means that it doesn't chip but wears off evenly. It also dries pretty quickly and two coats of most of the colors is usually enough for it to be completely opaque. Some colors are a bit more streaky than others but 2 coats always does the trick for me.
The brush is flat which helps control the amount of product that gets distributed on the nail and it dries pretty quickly.

My only gripe is the limited color range - BUT - when I do find a color that I like I tend to love it so much more than my other polishes as I know I can count on its performance.

Repurchase? YES!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Today I had a true wear test for a nail polish! My cat knocked a dark purple nail polish on the carpet and so I had to imidiadtely clean it up, and darn it all I had just done my nails yesterday. Well even after scrubbing carpet with acetone nail polish remover and other cleaners my own nail polish was not affected at all. The only change to my own nails was some extra glitter from the broken bottle! If you can find these on sale or at a discount store buy all of them!!

on 11/28/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am pretty disappointed in this product, unfortunately. I'd had my eye on the color Plum's the Word, a deep plum-gray, for a while, but since it's a little on the pricey side, I waited. Finally I treated myself to it a couple of weeks ago, and it chipped after just one day of wear. I applied a second coat, and that also chipped within a day. It applies very smoothly, and I do adore the color (though it's darker on my nails than it appears in the bottle). The bottle is really nice, too, but I'd probably only repurchase this if I had money to burn. I paid $7.99 for this at Ulta, but have $1.99 Wet 'n Wild nail polish that lasts 5-6 days with no chipping. 3 lippies for the great color and smooth application only!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Why is the brush so wide on these?? It is literally not possible not to paint all over your skin with the extra wide brush. The formula is ok, nothing super special, but the wide brush is a killer. For the same price as Essie and available next to one another at the drugstore, it's a very easy decision between the two.

on 10/30/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this line of polishes for the first time - an am very impressed! Purchased "Talk is Chic" and found that it wore really well. Applied it on Sunday and removed on Friday with just some tip wear and one lonely small chip.
I normally use something like OPI Infinite Shine, with base, polish and top coats - now I don't think I will bother with all those steps and just stick to this super simple Sally Hansen product.
In addition, because there were only two layers on my nails, it was pretty easy to remove with my non-acetone remover (Karma Naturals).
Have just purchased two more shades, so I might come back with an update.

It's an okay product line. Some nail polish are pretty opaque and others are very streaky and shear. They don't layer all that well. I tried layering one and every brush i did it would take off a bit of nail polish leaving my nail with it's original colour. It stays for about a week to two weeks. It doesn't damages my nails. The miracle gel nail polish is better though because i don't know if i'm just lucky but every nail polish from that line were very opaque.

I recently got Sally Hansen Complete in Arm Candy which is almost white, and Au Natural a skin tone color.

If you are looking for light colors that don't streak (which I hate) and are not really sheer, these are just right. they are promo'd on a display with colors for all skin tones in the stores right now.
Stay on nicely too,

Recommend.

on 5/22/2016 10:56:00 AM

I was impressed at first with this product but after one week of use my nails started to peel. I would suggest use caution using this product. My daughter used it as well and her nails are also in horrible shape. I have bought a oil treatment to help get my nails back in shape. This was not worth the damage done to my nails. Use with caution..

Popular Polishes