Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

on 11/28/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am pretty disappointed in this product, unfortunately. I'd had my eye on the color Plum's the Word, a deep plum-gray, for a while, but since it's a little on the pricey side, I waited. Finally I treated myself to it a couple of weeks ago, and it chipped after just one day of wear. I applied a second coat, and that also chipped within a day. It applies very smoothly, and I do adore the color (though it's darker on my nails than it appears in the bottle). The bottle is really nice, too, but I'd probably only repurchase this if I had money to burn. I paid $7.99 for this at Ulta, but have $1.99 Wet 'n Wild nail polish that lasts 5-6 days with no chipping. 3 lippies for the great color and smooth application only!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Why is the brush so wide on these?? It is literally not possible not to paint all over your skin with the extra wide brush. The formula is ok, nothing super special, but the wide brush is a killer. For the same price as Essie and available next to one another at the drugstore, it's a very easy decision between the two.

To Read all 238 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/30/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this line of polishes for the first time - an am very impressed! Purchased "Talk is Chic" and found that it wore really well. Applied it on Sunday and removed on Friday with just some tip wear and one lonely small chip.
I normally use something like OPI Infinite Shine, with base, polish and top coats - now I don't think I will bother with all those steps and just stick to this super simple Sally Hansen product.
In addition, because there were only two layers on my nails, it was pretty easy to remove with my non-acetone remover (Karma Naturals).
Have just purchased two more shades, so I might come back with an update.

It's an okay product line. Some nail polish are pretty opaque and others are very streaky and shear. They don't layer all that well. I tried layering one and every brush i did it would take off a bit of nail polish leaving my nail with it's original colour. It stays for about a week to two weeks. It doesn't damages my nails. The miracle gel nail polish is better though because i don't know if i'm just lucky but every nail polish from that line were very opaque.

I recently got Sally Hansen Complete in Arm Candy which is almost white, and Au Natural a skin tone color.

If you are looking for light colors that don't streak (which I hate) and are not really sheer, these are just right. they are promo'd on a display with colors for all skin tones in the stores right now.
Stay on nicely too,

Recommend.

on 5/22/2016 10:56:00 AM

I was impressed at first with this product but after one week of use my nails started to peel. I would suggest use caution using this product. My daughter used it as well and her nails are also in horrible shape. I have bought a oil treatment to help get my nails back in shape. This was not worth the damage done to my nails. Use with caution..

on 5/17/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Guys, I love this polish! I love the look of the bottles, I love the beautiful and classy color selection. I love the rounded, wide brush. I think the formulation is not too thick or too thin. But most of all, it wears for a long time for me. I use Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat, two coats of polish, and Seche Vite as a top coat.
#240 Pink Pong is a light mauve/subtle cream color which I love for work. #311 So Much Fawn is mauve cream as well but slightly darker and slightly warmer. I also have #480 Wine Not which is a beautiful burgundy wine color with VERY subtle shimmer and is gorgeous for fall, winter or holidays.
I like these polishes much more than OPI and Essie. And the higher drug store price doesn't bother me.

on 5/12/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I never normally wear nail polish, because I can't stand chipping after one or two days. I bought this nail polish for fun, and applied it on a Sunday. it is now Thursday, and my nails look as fresh and chip-free as the day I applied the nail polish! I am so impressed. I will be buying multiple colours, and I will honestly probably never buy another brand again. This includes OPI etc.

on 2/20/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this polish, and you will too if you like thick opaque one-coat polishes!

•Glides on incredibly smooth
•Easy to apply. Brush fans out and has tapered edges, which neatly and quickly coats entire nail in 3 strokes.
•Brush/cap has a nice weight to it, which also helps make application better. Easy to handle because of the slightly thick cap.
•Opaque formula means you can get away with 1 coat (for many colors) if you’re in a hurry.
•Applies smooth, not streaky. It’s a thick formula, but not dry, tacky or goop-y.
•Dry-to-touch time is about average. Cure time takes a bit longer than thinner polishes i.e. Don’t do a thick coat within two hours of going to bed otherwise the polish may get “smushed” by morning.

For those with frequently experience chipped polish, try using Orly Bonder as your base coat. It should extend your wear-time. I would also recommend prepping the nail first using a 4-sided nail buffer before polishing.

Prepping your nails helps you achieve a more successful application of ANY nail polish. It’s simply a must, and helps extends your wear-time. That, and otherwise just be kind to your nails as much as possible!

For years, I loved Kook A Mango, which is a vibrant orangey red, but my tastes are becoming more subtle as I enter my 30s. It’s still a fun one I’ll hang onto for at least one more summer.

They also have a nice range of dusty mauves. Ginger Zinger is a favorite. Mudslide (picture above) is a deep, fleshy nude.

Shall We Dance is one of the sheerest of the bunch, and it's really the "odd man out" among this line of otherwise opaque polishes. It's not my favorite because of this.

I also dislike At First Blush, which applies streaky and a similar color to Barbie nails.

I also hate (yes, hate!) Commander in Chic despite its cult status- the formula is great but it sadly does not flatter my skin tone.

All the other formulas are pretty great.

on 11/1/2015 1:21:00 AM

I am actually surprised at amount of good reviews on this. First off how do you guys get this nail polish to ever set? Ive tried the sally Hansen dry & go drops, sally Hansen install DRI and I've even tried the sprays that are supposed to dry polish quicker. After 46 minutes this nail polish still doesn't dry! The colors ate beautiful, the application is beautiful, you only need two coats tops for the true color to show up, but for crying out loud I just cannot wear ANY of these shades without it smearing. I don't have this problem with any of he other sally Hansen polishes or any other nail polishes, but this particular formula is a nightmare for me. I've tried every trick on pintrwst and every quick dry top coat available for purchase and basically I just end up removing it hours later this because I this demon of a nail polish never dries. Pretty much defeats the whole purple of nail polish. And if I do get it to dry, the next day the polish will look dull and textured kind of like when you go to sleep with damp nail polish. I'd suggest anything else by sally Hansen but this

Popular Polishes