Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

on 7/19/2018 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The brush is way to wide for real nails so when you apply it it goes onto the skin past the nail

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Note: My photos are of the blue polish

I've never given a product such a low review. I did my nails as I normally would, 2 layers of base, a few gems, and a layer of topcoat. By the second base coat, I saw a little bubbling, but I figured my topcoat would smooth it out. By morning, my nails were bubbled so badly that they look speckled and the edges are faded of color. It looks terrible, especially in sunlight. I'll NEVER buy this polish again!

I purchased it same day as I did the manicure, did not force dry, did not use a new bubble-prone topcoat. It was this polish.

I bought two of these; hello pretty (a light pink) and tickle me pink ( a classic medium pink). I was pleasantly surprised with these polishes. Both lasted several days without any chips without a toocoat. The medium pink was pretty and exactly as it looked in the bottle. The light pink was very pigmented, in a good way. I don't really care for sheer shades (which light colors tend to be) and this was not sheer at all. Will definitely buy more colors!!!

on 5/8/2018 10:09:00 PM

My local supermarket has these on sale for $2.20 each so I bought six. Sally Hansen is not my favourite for long lasting wear. As long as I use these with a good base and top coat, I envision getting a four- to five- day manicure...not bad for the price I paid.

on 1/8/2018 5:45:00 AM

My review is for "Pink a Card." This color looks so PRETTY in the bottle. That is where the good times end. This is one of the worst Sally Hensen polishes that I have purchased. I can only describe it as watery/thin/low-quality (???) I tried it multiple ways to give it a chance. The first time was just with a clear base coat and even after two coats, it went on very thinly with see-through areas. The second time I tried, I used no base coat, applied 3 coats and hours later it looked streaky and cheap. (Wet and Wild never looked this BAD!!! And that says A LOT). Third time, I used a darker nail polish (Sally Hansen "Mauve Over" - Hard As Nails Extremewear) as my basecoat. This helped immensely, as the light pink takes hold and acquires some opacity. I will add a THIRD "Pink a Card" layer today, then follow with a top coat, in hopes of salvaging this bogus polish. If no success, I will return it to the store. Disappointed. The 'Salon Manicure' line seems to be garbage: had the same experience with "Aflorable."

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've bought it in color 470 Red My Lips.

Pros:
- the color is beautiful cool tone classic red;
- great wide oval brush for those who do not have tiny nails;
- it stays put really well. It didn't chip on me for 5 days, just wore off the edges.

Cons:
- I thought it's a great affordable alternative to Butter London nail polishes, but unlike those Sally Hansen stained my nails. One step manicure polish, in my opinion, shouldn't be leaving nails stained;
- the brush is not well cut, some bristles are the tiny bit longer than other;
- you must wait for polish to dry before applying the second coat, otherwise polish will slightly drag and you'll need to apply a really thick layer to cover that.

Won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only brand I've found that will last me a week or more. Most polishes chip within the first few days or start crumbling in the corners but this formula lasts really well! The formula seems very different from the others as it remains flexible even after i dries down - As other go hard and flaky, this is still pliable which means that it doesn't chip but wears off evenly. It also dries pretty quickly and two coats of most of the colors is usually enough for it to be completely opaque. Some colors are a bit more streaky than others but 2 coats always does the trick for me.
The brush is flat which helps control the amount of product that gets distributed on the nail and it dries pretty quickly.

My only gripe is the limited color range - BUT - when I do find a color that I like I tend to love it so much more than my other polishes as I know I can count on its performance.

Repurchase? YES!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Today I had a true wear test for a nail polish! My cat knocked a dark purple nail polish on the carpet and so I had to imidiadtely clean it up, and darn it all I had just done my nails yesterday. Well even after scrubbing carpet with acetone nail polish remover and other cleaners my own nail polish was not affected at all. The only change to my own nails was some extra glitter from the broken bottle! If you can find these on sale or at a discount store buy all of them!!

on 11/28/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am pretty disappointed in this product, unfortunately. I'd had my eye on the color Plum's the Word, a deep plum-gray, for a while, but since it's a little on the pricey side, I waited. Finally I treated myself to it a couple of weeks ago, and it chipped after just one day of wear. I applied a second coat, and that also chipped within a day. It applies very smoothly, and I do adore the color (though it's darker on my nails than it appears in the bottle). The bottle is really nice, too, but I'd probably only repurchase this if I had money to burn. I paid $7.99 for this at Ulta, but have $1.99 Wet 'n Wild nail polish that lasts 5-6 days with no chipping. 3 lippies for the great color and smooth application only!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Why is the brush so wide on these?? It is literally not possible not to paint all over your skin with the extra wide brush. The formula is ok, nothing super special, but the wide brush is a killer. For the same price as Essie and available next to one another at the drugstore, it's a very easy decision between the two.

Popular Polishes