A-Derma Soap-Free Dermatological Bar with Oat Milk

A-Derma Soap-Free Dermatological Bar with Oat Milk

4.8

on 11/9/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My oily skin with rosacea loves this cleanser. Gentle and leaves skin clean, but not stripped. Even removes mascara. I previously used Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser, Clinique take the day off balm, Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser, The Body Shop camomile cleansing oil and the balm version. None of them can compare to this. Also very travel friendly.

on 9/24/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Liking this for my sensitive, rosacean, combo skin. I don't use it to remove sunscreen. I use it post-cleansing oil and in the a.m. I'm in the U.S. and bought it through Amazon.

on 12/9/2015 3:56:00 PM

I tried Avene's bar first, but it was very very drying-so now I use it as hand soap. And then I purchased this. Seeing though I love using cleansing oils, especially Shu Uemura's, I ditched it for a while. Then I bought MAC's Tranquil cleansing oil, was not impressed and started using this bar again. It's quite okay. It doesn't lather very much but it does a good job of pre-cleansing my face make up without it being too harsh. I then finish off with a micellar water. Will keep it on hand for when I take a break from cleansing oils seeing many are not available in Greece. Retails for about 6 euros/7 US dollars.

on 2/26/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like others have written it's fragrance free, mild and non drying. I use this to remove make up and sunscreen and it does a good job without stripping the skin or leaving a film. For reference my skin is very thin, fragile and reactive and tolerates very few efficient cleansers without itching or tightness. I've used this daily for a couple of years now and will repurchase again.
How I use it: First I put a little oil on my lashes to dissolve mascara. I wet my face and with still wet hands lather up the bar and gently massage the foam onto face. Rinse first with lukewarm and then cold water, pat dry and then use toner etc.

PRODUCT: A-Derma Soap-Free Dermatological Bar

Price: CANADA 9.50 CAD for one bear

pH: 5.5 (skin identical/acidic)

USES: Various my primary use for this is as a facewash but it also makes a very nice bodywash

COMMENTS: Very emollient non-drying cleansing bar that is mild detergent based and works well for removing most sunscreens from the face. This is a great winter cleanser and as the bar is detergent-based it tends to last longer than pure soap bars. A-Derma is a subsidiary of the Pierre Fabre Group which includes Avene, Klorane, and Ducray among its other brands - all are cruelty-free.
CONCERNS: None

RANKING: 5 out 5 highly recommended. Versatile, inexpensive, and conscience-friendly.

on 12/1/2014 11:07:00 AM

Does not dry skin. No fragrance. Leaves skin very soft.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is amazing for anyone with sensitive, dry, atopic skin. I previously used the Avene Trixera line however I found the cleanser was just a bit too drying to my skin. This is lovely, leaves your skin feeling clean without feeling stripped of moisture. I have no "tight" feeling to my skin after using it. I use this with my Clarisonic and follow it up with ADerma Creme De Soin moisturizer and I swear my skin has never looked better. I got this at Pharma Plus in Canada for about $9.50 CDN.

on 12/31/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a no-frills cleansing bar, for sensitive skin. It is one of the least drying and most moisturising cleansers I have met: doesn't leave a greasy film on the skin, just leaves it calm, comfortable, soothed, smooth. Part of the "Irritated Skin" range, A-Derma's most basic (and cheap) one, based on their specially-selected Rhealba oats.

Excellent on sensitive, irritable, thin, delicate skin. I've used this and other A-Derma products when suffering bouts of serious irritation and itching, and some of their predecessors some years ago on eczema. Returned to the brand as it's quite readily available here in Canada. If you're in Vancouver and keep finding that London Drugs have run out of this soap, that might be me...

A creamy-coloured bar, with no fragrance. Foams a little. Use as with any other soap or bar cleanser. Rinse, and follow with moisturiser.

Not tested on animals (same goes for other brands and products in the Pierre Fabre stable - ex. Avne, Klorane). Around GBP/EUR 4.00-6.00, CAD 9.00 for a 100 g bar. A-Derma also make a cold-cream-like Pain Surgras (in the pink-packaged Sensitive Skin range, that includes the Sensifluid products), which I haven't seen outside Belgium and France

INGREDIENTS: Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Corn Starch (Zea Mays), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Oat Flavour (Avena Sativa), Aqua, Paraffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Ceteareth-6, Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Dulcis), PEG-45 Palm Kernel Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide continued >>