Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

2.2

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

I really wanted this to be wonderful stuff as I hate wearing liquid foundation, but all that I found was that it aged my skin terribly. Maybe it's because my skin can be a little oily, but it seemed to sink into every line and pore, leaving me looking horrific. I did persevere with it, thinking that maybe I was putting it on wrong, but gave up as it was just drying my skin out. After a few weeks I donated this to my daughter for her 'play make-up' and really, that's all it's good for.

on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a really terrific foundation. It's extremely buildable coverage for a powder, and the gemstone complex gives such a nice glow...however, I agree with everyone here who has commented that even the lightest shade (New Ivory, which I also have) is too dark. I typically use nearly the lightest shade in any line of foundation, and I was disappointed that New Ivory really wasn't anywhere near "ivory."

But...

I was putting my makeup on the other day and decided to do a little experiment. I tapped a bit of MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk onto the lid and mixed it into the foundation. The Silver Dusk is a cool, pale pink in color, and I've noticed that when I use it on its own, as a highlighter, it tends to make me look a little washed out. So I mixed up the two, and the Silver Dusk COMPLETELY evened out the color of the foundation. It does add a pretty insane amount of sparkle, but the larger pieces can be brushed off pretty well with a soft foundation brush, and what's left over is a really nice sheen that actually provides some decent coverage.

I did find, before this discovery, that the No. 7 New Ivory on its own worked pretty well for summer, when my face has a little more color, and that it blends pretty softly, color-wise, so that at least you don't end up with a funky mask look if you do use it. Short of mixing it with the MAC powder, it can also be evened out with either a translucent finishing powder (Burt's Bees Vanishing Powder works great, but I think that's been discontinued) or even a lighter pressed powder. Not ideal, but it works.

I picked this up in New Ivory, because I'd waited a bit too long to reorder my BE and was out of foundation. This was the lightest shade at my Target and it was wayyyyy too dark for my fair, cool toned skin. I literally looked like someone had rubbed sparkly brown dirt on my face. This came with a small kabuki brush, but I found it a bit scratchy and not dense enough to really work well. The size is generous for the price of $13.99. I find that Boots foundations tend to run dark and a bit too yellow for my skintone. Also, the "illuminating" is basically just sparkles, and I'm not fond of sparkles on 38 yr old face. This was a fail product for me.

on 10/8/2010 10:20:00 AM

I've been wanting to try mineral make ups for ages so decided to take the plunge with the No7 range. I have fair skin and even their palest colour made me look orange, plus it is very sparkley so not suitable for day time looks. I also found the coverage a little bare as if i tried to build the layers up I just looked like i'd overdone the fake tan. Not good!

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.