Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

3.4

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I apply it after my foundation. It applies well but you need to make sure you put it on evenly! This product lasts for ever and is great if you need a little top up throughout the day. It mattes your skin also which is great for me as I have oily skin. I have used other powders but I have found they don't really have an effect on my skin without piling them on which blocks everything up and doesn't look good! This product is affordable and I would defiantly recommend to a friend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to buy Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals but couldn't afford it so i had a voucher for money off so decided to give the No.7 mineral foundation a try. There was only one colour available in ivory that the assistant said suited all skin types and colours. This suited me on this occasion as I get confused with too much choice and cant make up my mind. Also I was on the lucky side that my skin tone is actually quite fair anyway.

I didn't bother to watch the instruction videos that are apparently available on YouTube as to how to apply mineral foundation, I just went for it. The results were very good. I had good even coverage and a nice colour too. My face somehow looked groomed and classy I thought. Another bonus with mineral make-up I found is that you can touch it up at the end of the day if you are going out. There is no need to redo your whole face and just a few strokes with the laden brush 'regrooms' your face.

I must admit I like this product, it is easy to use and also quite quick to apply to get good results. I will carry on using it but just for my own satisfaction I might look into the other brands to do a comparison on colour and texture.

on 2/11/2013 8:02:00 PM

Just the rite amount of coverage. Wish it come In a mini version for my bag.

on 12/24/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

to me this has completely replaced my mac mineralize skinfinish natural which i do love..its very light and natural looking and still covers a lot ..does not oxidize on my face .. i have it in new ivory. it has a yellow tone color which i love in my foundations . i will repurchase

on 11/2/2011 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this mineral loose powder foundation for 3 days straight now and love it. It is light (you don't feel like you're wearing foundation at all) and it has good coverage. The shade I'm using is New Ivory, which is the lightest shade available, however it is still too dark for my skin! It makes me look like I have a tanned face and the colour of my neck is obviously different than the colour of my face. Apart from the shade issue, everything else about this product is excellent. It comes in a nice looking pot and also comes with a brush. The brush is in a small black mesh bag and looks really lovely. Application of this product is easy: just tap some of the powder onto the pot cap and swirl your brush in it. Then tap off any excess and apply onto face in circular motions. Repeat all over the face.

BTW I don't use the supplied brush. I use my flawless face BE brush instead.

on 9/20/2011 9:24:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact I already have. I have a backup of it in my drawer right now. It makes the most beautiful setting powder. So flawless and glowing without that shimmery/greasy look. Just soft-focus beauty. I sooooo wish they made a few lighter colors. The lightest color they have is about an NC25 and I can *just* pull it off in the summer over a slightly lighter liquid foundation. I am VERY sad that I will be without this product during the winter time when I am an NC20. Very sad face.....=(

on 4/12/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have to chime in with other reviewers on this one: the shades run way too dark. Shame, this product has such good potential for beating BE and other mineral foundations out there. Being an NC35, I thought shade #20 (Blonde) would work out for me, as I compared it to #15 and this was only slightly more pigmented. Nope, nope, nope. This makes me look like I overdid the self-tanner on my face only and leaves an ugly telltale line around my jawline. The lightest shade (!!) might have worked for me, but being that this has ZERO oil control, it's not worth it.

on 5/4/2010 3:37:00 PM

This is wayyyyy too glittery in my opinion... I don't mind little shimmers in foundation, but as soon as I put only 1 layer on my face, I look super sparkly! Also their color selection is so limited, even their lightest shade "New Ivory" on my light Asian skin is still a little too dark.

on 2/10/2010 1:36:00 PM

Thought I'd give this a try since the price was so reasonable. It looks really nice!. It gives a soft-focus, smooth look and I can't even feel I have it on. It doesn't sit in my pores..which is a deal breaker for me. I have neutral, sensitive skin with some red reactive places & it blends them in well. They only problem is the color choices..only four and the lightest (new Ivory) is just a tad too dark for me..but I think I can pull it off. I really like the ease of a mineral foundation..if you can find one that works. Update: I returned this..found it to have too many chemicals and I like Physician's Formula SPF 55 powder make-up better now.

on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!