Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

2.4

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 5/17/2016 12:38:00 PM

I love this. I have it in the compact format.

It's not drying, it has great coverage, not full, but I just love that it looks so natural, like I'm blessed with smooth skin.

I bought this and it's been the only foundation I've worn for the past weeks. Love love.

I bought this in Thailand Boots. I wear warm medium - I'm medium tan Asian. Nc30-35. Color is spot on.

My skin loves it, I haven't broken out and I use it with another brand minerals concealer and it looks flawless.

I apply with a flat top brush. I can't rave enough about it. My only regret is I wish I bought more for backups since I can't buy this where I live.

I really wanted this to be wonderful stuff as I hate wearing liquid foundation, but all that I found was that it aged my skin terribly. Maybe it's because my skin can be a little oily, but it seemed to sink into every line and pore, leaving me looking horrific. I did persevere with it, thinking that maybe I was putting it on wrong, but gave up as it was just drying my skin out. After a few weeks I donated this to my daughter for her 'play make-up' and really, that's all it's good for.

on 11/2/2011 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this mineral loose powder foundation for 3 days straight now and love it. It is light (you don't feel like you're wearing foundation at all) and it has good coverage. The shade I'm using is New Ivory, which is the lightest shade available, however it is still too dark for my skin! It makes me look like I have a tanned face and the colour of my neck is obviously different than the colour of my face. Apart from the shade issue, everything else about this product is excellent. It comes in a nice looking pot and also comes with a brush. The brush is in a small black mesh bag and looks really lovely. Application of this product is easy: just tap some of the powder onto the pot cap and swirl your brush in it. Then tap off any excess and apply onto face in circular motions. Repeat all over the face.

BTW I don't use the supplied brush. I use my flawless face BE brush instead.

I picked this up in New Ivory, because I'd waited a bit too long to reorder my BE and was out of foundation. This was the lightest shade at my Target and it was wayyyyy too dark for my fair, cool toned skin. I literally looked like someone had rubbed sparkly brown dirt on my face. This came with a small kabuki brush, but I found it a bit scratchy and not dense enough to really work well. The size is generous for the price of $13.99. I find that Boots foundations tend to run dark and a bit too yellow for my skintone. Also, the "illuminating" is basically just sparkles, and I'm not fond of sparkles on 38 yr old face. This was a fail product for me.

on 5/4/2010 3:37:00 PM

This is wayyyyy too glittery in my opinion... I don't mind little shimmers in foundation, but as soon as I put only 1 layer on my face, I look super sparkly! Also their color selection is so limited, even their lightest shade "New Ivory" on my light Asian skin is still a little too dark.

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.

on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!