Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

2.0

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to buy Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals but couldn't afford it so i had a voucher for money off so decided to give the No.7 mineral foundation a try. There was only one colour available in ivory that the assistant said suited all skin types and colours. This suited me on this occasion as I get confused with too much choice and cant make up my mind. Also I was on the lucky side that my skin tone is actually quite fair anyway.

I didn't bother to watch the instruction videos that are apparently available on YouTube as to how to apply mineral foundation, I just went for it. The results were very good. I had good even coverage and a nice colour too. My face somehow looked groomed and classy I thought. Another bonus with mineral make-up I found is that you can touch it up at the end of the day if you are going out. There is no need to redo your whole face and just a few strokes with the laden brush 'regrooms' your face.

I must admit I like this product, it is easy to use and also quite quick to apply to get good results. I will carry on using it but just for my own satisfaction I might look into the other brands to do a comparison on colour and texture.

on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!