Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

3.3

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 5/17/2016 12:38:00 PM

I love this. I have it in the compact format.

It's not drying, it has great coverage, not full, but I just love that it looks so natural, like I'm blessed with smooth skin.

I bought this and it's been the only foundation I've worn for the past weeks. Love love.

I bought this in Thailand Boots. I wear warm medium - I'm medium tan Asian. Nc30-35. Color is spot on.

My skin loves it, I haven't broken out and I use it with another brand minerals concealer and it looks flawless.

I apply with a flat top brush. I can't rave enough about it. My only regret is I wish I bought more for backups since I can't buy this where I live.

I really wanted this to be wonderful stuff as I hate wearing liquid foundation, but all that I found was that it aged my skin terribly. Maybe it's because my skin can be a little oily, but it seemed to sink into every line and pore, leaving me looking horrific. I did persevere with it, thinking that maybe I was putting it on wrong, but gave up as it was just drying my skin out. After a few weeks I donated this to my daughter for her 'play make-up' and really, that's all it's good for.

on 2/11/2013 8:02:00 PM

Just the rite amount of coverage. Wish it come In a mini version for my bag.

on 12/24/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

to me this has completely replaced my mac mineralize skinfinish natural which i do love..its very light and natural looking and still covers a lot ..does not oxidize on my face .. i have it in new ivory. it has a yellow tone color which i love in my foundations . i will repurchase

on 9/20/2011 9:24:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact I already have. I have a backup of it in my drawer right now. It makes the most beautiful setting powder. So flawless and glowing without that shimmery/greasy look. Just soft-focus beauty. I sooooo wish they made a few lighter colors. The lightest color they have is about an NC25 and I can *just* pull it off in the summer over a slightly lighter liquid foundation. I am VERY sad that I will be without this product during the winter time when I am an NC20. Very sad face.....=(

on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a really terrific foundation. It's extremely buildable coverage for a powder, and the gemstone complex gives such a nice glow...however, I agree with everyone here who has commented that even the lightest shade (New Ivory, which I also have) is too dark. I typically use nearly the lightest shade in any line of foundation, and I was disappointed that New Ivory really wasn't anywhere near "ivory."

But...

I was putting my makeup on the other day and decided to do a little experiment. I tapped a bit of MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk onto the lid and mixed it into the foundation. The Silver Dusk is a cool, pale pink in color, and I've noticed that when I use it on its own, as a highlighter, it tends to make me look a little washed out. So I mixed up the two, and the Silver Dusk COMPLETELY evened out the color of the foundation. It does add a pretty insane amount of sparkle, but the larger pieces can be brushed off pretty well with a soft foundation brush, and what's left over is a really nice sheen that actually provides some decent coverage.

I did find, before this discovery, that the No. 7 New Ivory on its own worked pretty well for summer, when my face has a little more color, and that it blends pretty softly, color-wise, so that at least you don't end up with a funky mask look if you do use it. Short of mixing it with the MAC powder, it can also be evened out with either a translucent finishing powder (Burt's Bees Vanishing Powder works great, but I think that's been discontinued) or even a lighter pressed powder. Not ideal, but it works.

I picked this up in New Ivory, because I'd waited a bit too long to reorder my BE and was out of foundation. This was the lightest shade at my Target and it was wayyyyy too dark for my fair, cool toned skin. I literally looked like someone had rubbed sparkly brown dirt on my face. This came with a small kabuki brush, but I found it a bit scratchy and not dense enough to really work well. The size is generous for the price of $13.99. I find that Boots foundations tend to run dark and a bit too yellow for my skintone. Also, the "illuminating" is basically just sparkles, and I'm not fond of sparkles on 38 yr old face. This was a fail product for me.

on 5/4/2010 3:37:00 PM

This is wayyyyy too glittery in my opinion... I don't mind little shimmers in foundation, but as soon as I put only 1 layer on my face, I look super sparkly! Also their color selection is so limited, even their lightest shade "New Ivory" on my light Asian skin is still a little too dark.

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.