Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

3.4

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

I really wanted this to be wonderful stuff as I hate wearing liquid foundation, but all that I found was that it aged my skin terribly. Maybe it's because my skin can be a little oily, but it seemed to sink into every line and pore, leaving me looking horrific. I did persevere with it, thinking that maybe I was putting it on wrong, but gave up as it was just drying my skin out. After a few weeks I donated this to my daughter for her 'play make-up' and really, that's all it's good for.

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.

on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!

on 4/12/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have to chime in with other reviewers on this one: the shades run way too dark. Shame, this product has such good potential for beating BE and other mineral foundations out there. Being an NC35, I thought shade #20 (Blonde) would work out for me, as I compared it to #15 and this was only slightly more pigmented. Nope, nope, nope. This makes me look like I overdid the self-tanner on my face only and leaves an ugly telltale line around my jawline. The lightest shade (!!) might have worked for me, but being that this has ZERO oil control, it's not worth it.

on 10/8/2010 10:20:00 AM

I've been wanting to try mineral make ups for ages so decided to take the plunge with the No7 range. I have fair skin and even their palest colour made me look orange, plus it is very sparkley so not suitable for day time looks. I also found the coverage a little bare as if i tried to build the layers up I just looked like i'd overdone the fake tan. Not good!

The brush it comes with is lovely but I have fair skin and I got the lightest color and it made me ORANGE. Do not buy if you have fair skin.

on 5/4/2010 3:37:00 PM

This is wayyyyy too glittery in my opinion... I don't mind little shimmers in foundation, but as soon as I put only 1 layer on my face, I look super sparkly! Also their color selection is so limited, even their lightest shade "New Ivory" on my light Asian skin is still a little too dark.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to buy Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals but couldn't afford it so i had a voucher for money off so decided to give the No.7 mineral foundation a try. There was only one colour available in ivory that the assistant said suited all skin types and colours. This suited me on this occasion as I get confused with too much choice and cant make up my mind. Also I was on the lucky side that my skin tone is actually quite fair anyway.

I didn't bother to watch the instruction videos that are apparently available on YouTube as to how to apply mineral foundation, I just went for it. The results were very good. I had good even coverage and a nice colour too. My face somehow looked groomed and classy I thought. Another bonus with mineral make-up I found is that you can touch it up at the end of the day if you are going out. There is no need to redo your whole face and just a few strokes with the laden brush 'regrooms' your face.

I must admit I like this product, it is easy to use and also quite quick to apply to get good results. I will carry on using it but just for my own satisfaction I might look into the other brands to do a comparison on colour and texture.

I picked this up in New Ivory, because I'd waited a bit too long to reorder my BE and was out of foundation. This was the lightest shade at my Target and it was wayyyyy too dark for my fair, cool toned skin. I literally looked like someone had rubbed sparkly brown dirt on my face. This came with a small kabuki brush, but I found it a bit scratchy and not dense enough to really work well. The size is generous for the price of $13.99. I find that Boots foundations tend to run dark and a bit too yellow for my skintone. Also, the "illuminating" is basically just sparkles, and I'm not fond of sparkles on 38 yr old face. This was a fail product for me.

on 2/10/2010 1:36:00 PM

Thought I'd give this a try since the price was so reasonable. It looks really nice!. It gives a soft-focus, smooth look and I can't even feel I have it on. It doesn't sit in my pores..which is a deal breaker for me. I have neutral, sensitive skin with some red reactive places & it blends them in well. They only problem is the color choices..only four and the lightest (new Ivory) is just a tad too dark for me..but I think I can pull it off. I really like the ease of a mineral foundation..if you can find one that works. Update: I returned this..found it to have too many chemicals and I like Physician's Formula SPF 55 powder make-up better now.