Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

3.4

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 4/12/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have to chime in with other reviewers on this one: the shades run way too dark. Shame, this product has such good potential for beating BE and other mineral foundations out there. Being an NC35, I thought shade #20 (Blonde) would work out for me, as I compared it to #15 and this was only slightly more pigmented. Nope, nope, nope. This makes me look like I overdid the self-tanner on my face only and leaves an ugly telltale line around my jawline. The lightest shade (!!) might have worked for me, but being that this has ZERO oil control, it's not worth it.

on 12/29/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I saw this product on the Boots website and was curious to try it. I normally prefer powder foundations to liquid and was having a tough time finding alternatives to my HG Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Powder Foundation in Ultralight which is expensive and the container is small. The Boots No. 7 mineral powder foundation comes in the standard screw top container with a sifter to dispense the product as well as a kabuki style brush in a black gauze and silk drawstring bag. I chose New Ivory as this is the lightest shade and they do appear darker than they go on. The powder is wonderfully light and you barely feel it on your skin. The brush that I got was very soft and buffs the powder on very well. I was able to cover minor imperfections, redness and a few old blemish marks very effectively with very little product. The powder gives a soft, satiny matte finish that makes your skin look luminous but not shiny and oily. The color seems to blend in well with my skin without making me look washed out or darker than my skin really is although I haven't tried it during the daytime for a couple of days to see if this really works without having the powder change color throughout the day. My skin, but better, is the look that I was after and that's what I got. It seems long-lasting with a minor touch up towards the end of the evening. It doesn't feel dry or tight or itch, like other mineral powders that I have tried such as BE, EDM, Raw Minerals, Sheer Cover, L'Oreal, Lauren Hutton and others. For reference, I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, combination, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts. The price is reasonable and I got it on sale at drugstore.com for a little over US$10.00. A beautiful look at a bargain price.

UPDATE: After trying this product for a few days during both the daytime and night time, I realize that it is too dark for my fair skin and I've returned this product to drugstore.com. I've revised my review and taken 4 lippies off because of the limited color choices and would not buy this again unless more options were available for my skintone. It's a shame because the consistency and finish is very nice but there are no real color choices for those on the lighter side of the color spectrum. Boots needs to add more colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to buy Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals but couldn't afford it so i had a voucher for money off so decided to give the No.7 mineral foundation a try. There was only one colour available in ivory that the assistant said suited all skin types and colours. This suited me on this occasion as I get confused with too much choice and cant make up my mind. Also I was on the lucky side that my skin tone is actually quite fair anyway.

I didn't bother to watch the instruction videos that are apparently available on YouTube as to how to apply mineral foundation, I just went for it. The results were very good. I had good even coverage and a nice colour too. My face somehow looked groomed and classy I thought. Another bonus with mineral make-up I found is that you can touch it up at the end of the day if you are going out. There is no need to redo your whole face and just a few strokes with the laden brush 'regrooms' your face.

I must admit I like this product, it is easy to use and also quite quick to apply to get good results. I will carry on using it but just for my own satisfaction I might look into the other brands to do a comparison on colour and texture.

on 8/13/2012 5:20:00 PM

I have very dry skin,acne prone,and a oily t-zone.And I have pimples,discoloration/hyper pigmentation and I hate wearing makeup.
And this is perfect!If I have any pimple I cover it up with my concealer(Which I adore) and then I take any type of powder brush(Not the one that it comes with) and just dap it on.You can get light coverage,but if you keep applying a few you get pretty good coverage.I got it in New Ivory ,and I am very pale yet it stills looks great,not orange.I love this , it comes with a lot in my opinion ,but I still decided to stock up by buying a second one the other day.I've been using it for months,and the coverage is great,didn't make me breakout,the packaging is ..ehh not bad tho the packaging looks very nice and it comes with a brush too! I would really recommend:)

on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a really terrific foundation. It's extremely buildable coverage for a powder, and the gemstone complex gives such a nice glow...however, I agree with everyone here who has commented that even the lightest shade (New Ivory, which I also have) is too dark. I typically use nearly the lightest shade in any line of foundation, and I was disappointed that New Ivory really wasn't anywhere near "ivory."

But...

I was putting my makeup on the other day and decided to do a little experiment. I tapped a bit of MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk onto the lid and mixed it into the foundation. The Silver Dusk is a cool, pale pink in color, and I've noticed that when I use it on its own, as a highlighter, it tends to make me look a little washed out. So I mixed up the two, and the Silver Dusk COMPLETELY evened out the color of the foundation. It does add a pretty insane amount of sparkle, but the larger pieces can be brushed off pretty well with a soft foundation brush, and what's left over is a really nice sheen that actually provides some decent coverage.

I did find, before this discovery, that the No. 7 New Ivory on its own worked pretty well for summer, when my face has a little more color, and that it blends pretty softly, color-wise, so that at least you don't end up with a funky mask look if you do use it. Short of mixing it with the MAC powder, it can also be evened out with either a translucent finishing powder (Burt's Bees Vanishing Powder works great, but I think that's been discontinued) or even a lighter pressed powder. Not ideal, but it works.

I am 1/2 Indian, with olive skin and I love this mineral foundation. The New Ivory color is perfect for me.

I layer this over the True Identity Foundation and get flawless results that last all day. So while the color range is perfect for me, I can see why fair skinned ladies can't get a good color match. What a shame, because the product is terrific!

on 10/8/2010 10:20:00 AM

I've been wanting to try mineral make ups for ages so decided to take the plunge with the No7 range. I have fair skin and even their palest colour made me look orange, plus it is very sparkley so not suitable for day time looks. I also found the coverage a little bare as if i tried to build the layers up I just looked like i'd overdone the fake tan. Not good!

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.

on 5/17/2016 12:38:00 PM

I love this. I have it in the compact format.

It's not drying, it has great coverage, not full, but I just love that it looks so natural, like I'm blessed with smooth skin.

I bought this and it's been the only foundation I've worn for the past weeks. Love love.

I bought this in Thailand Boots. I wear warm medium - I'm medium tan Asian. Nc30-35. Color is spot on.

My skin loves it, I haven't broken out and I use it with another brand minerals concealer and it looks flawless.

I apply with a flat top brush. I can't rave enough about it. My only regret is I wish I bought more for backups since I can't buy this where I live.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I apply it after my foundation. It applies well but you need to make sure you put it on evenly! This product lasts for ever and is great if you need a little top up throughout the day. It mattes your skin also which is great for me as I have oily skin. I have used other powders but I have found they don't really have an effect on my skin without piling them on which blocks everything up and doesn't look good! This product is affordable and I would defiantly recommend to a friend.