Boots No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Boots  No7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

3.7

Mica, Boron nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, Barium sulfate, Titanium dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Sapphire Powder [ /- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 2/11/2013 8:02:00 PM

Just the rite amount of coverage. Wish it come In a mini version for my bag.

on 12/24/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

to me this has completely replaced my mac mineralize skinfinish natural which i do love..its very light and natural looking and still covers a lot ..does not oxidize on my face .. i have it in new ivory. it has a yellow tone color which i love in my foundations . i will repurchase

on 9/20/2011 9:24:00 PM

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact I already have. I have a backup of it in my drawer right now. It makes the most beautiful setting powder. So flawless and glowing without that shimmery/greasy look. Just soft-focus beauty. I sooooo wish they made a few lighter colors. The lightest color they have is about an NC25 and I can *just* pull it off in the summer over a slightly lighter liquid foundation. I am VERY sad that I will be without this product during the winter time when I am an NC20. Very sad face.....=(

on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a really terrific foundation. It's extremely buildable coverage for a powder, and the gemstone complex gives such a nice glow...however, I agree with everyone here who has commented that even the lightest shade (New Ivory, which I also have) is too dark. I typically use nearly the lightest shade in any line of foundation, and I was disappointed that New Ivory really wasn't anywhere near "ivory."

But...

I was putting my makeup on the other day and decided to do a little experiment. I tapped a bit of MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk onto the lid and mixed it into the foundation. The Silver Dusk is a cool, pale pink in color, and I've noticed that when I use it on its own, as a highlighter, it tends to make me look a little washed out. So I mixed up the two, and the Silver Dusk COMPLETELY evened out the color of the foundation. It does add a pretty insane amount of sparkle, but the larger pieces can be brushed off pretty well with a soft foundation brush, and what's left over is a really nice sheen that actually provides some decent coverage.

I did find, before this discovery, that the No. 7 New Ivory on its own worked pretty well for summer, when my face has a little more color, and that it blends pretty softly, color-wise, so that at least you don't end up with a funky mask look if you do use it. Short of mixing it with the MAC powder, it can also be evened out with either a translucent finishing powder (Burt's Bees Vanishing Powder works great, but I think that's been discontinued) or even a lighter pressed powder. Not ideal, but it works.

I am 1/2 Indian, with olive skin and I love this mineral foundation. The New Ivory color is perfect for me.

I layer this over the True Identity Foundation and get flawless results that last all day. So while the color range is perfect for me, I can see why fair skinned ladies can't get a good color match. What a shame, because the product is terrific!

on 10/8/2010 10:20:00 AM

I've been wanting to try mineral make ups for ages so decided to take the plunge with the No7 range. I have fair skin and even their palest colour made me look orange, plus it is very sparkley so not suitable for day time looks. I also found the coverage a little bare as if i tried to build the layers up I just looked like i'd overdone the fake tan. Not good!

on 4/17/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this online without trying it instore and trusted reviews on their website. I wish I hadn't! The shade I chose was 'Blonde' which is really quite dark even for a C4/C5 like me. I could tell as soon as I tried it on my hand that this would be a no-go as it was far too glittery.