Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige
Chanel Kaska

4.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the only Chanel quad I own, and probably the only I will purchase, Working at a makeup counter I get to play around with a lot of makeup, and to be honest this one is by far the best combination I've seen Chanel make, for my taste that is. I think the colors look amazing on all eyecolors, but espessially brown and green, because of the warm goldeny shade, and the slight plummy brown. really brings the hazel out in brown eyes. I am not a collecter like some chanel fans, even though I could easily be, given my place of work, I like simple elegant makeup without too much clutter, and this is a quad I could easily chuck in my bag for a weekend or a holiday and be perfectly satisfied. I think the shades a classy natural and timeless. The only negative thing I have to say is that they arrent the most pigmented eyeshadows in the world, you do kind of have to rub your brush a bit, but this doesnt bother me that much. Love them.

on 8/29/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So expensive, so boring. I love it! LOL I've been wanting a Chanel quad for a while and I decided on kaska beige bc the colors looked so safe. When trying a new brand, especially such an expensive one, I prefer to try something safe, colors that I know I'm likely to use bc of the profession I'm in. I expected that my favorite color would be the medium golden-looking one, but it isn't. It's not really golden at all on my eye, just looks like my skin. The ones I love are the lightest and darkest shades- the lightest reminds me of my fave highlight (MAC's brule) and the dark shade is the perfect outer-v daytime definer (not too dark, not too cool toned for my complexion). Quality wise, these shadows are very smooth and buttery. They do tend to powder a bit, but unlike cheaply soft shadows that powder up, these dont go on blotchy or spotty - they blend like a dream! Overall, I am really happy w this product - it's my go-to professional day palette.

on 7/25/2011 4:20:00 AM

love chanel quads, once you buy one you keep buying more. this is a very versatile quad and can be used strategically for most day but also night as you can apply product wet for a darker look. Usually hate plastic application but the ones that come with it are quite useful, especially for applying the darker shade as a liner and for shading. Wish I could buy all the quads.. droooooool.

on 5/24/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Chanel Kaska Beige eye shadow quad ($57 USD) contains a deep neutral shades of brownish and purplish. This is one of the best quad from Chanel. The staying power is amazing with or without an eyeshadow primer! The shadows affect is so pretty as well, it has a micro shimmer once applied to an eyelid that is not glittery but subtle for any age groups. People tend to notice my eyes more whenever I wear Kaska Beige and this makes me happy. You can do many looks with this quad from an everyday light brown to an evening smoky brownish/purplish. The compact comes in a dark blue velvet poach and 2 sponge tip brushes. If you plan to get a Chanel quad, get this one, you will love it. I would recommend Kaska Beige for everyone with all skin tones and undertones because it will look very beautiful on everyone.

I bought this on a splurge buy when I was wanting to replace my god-awful glitter-infused L'Oreal Lavender Smokes Palette. I loved the colors in the L'Oreal palette, so I went to the Chanel counter asking if they had something similar. The MUA recommended the Kaska Beige Quad, and I haven't looked back. The vanilla color is seriously the best one I have ever come across. I know it's strange to rant about vanilla colors, but it's just that amazing! I also love alternating between the glimmer purple and glimmer brown for work on my outer courner. They're the perfect amount of glimmer, and not so obnoxious as the L'Oreal palette. The matte brown is wonderful for my crease when I wear my glasses, creating a beautiful natural look. This is an HG palette for me. At first I was worried, since I'd heard it was only a limited edition palette, but so far, Chanel still carries it. I hope they never get rid of it! <3

on 1/28/2011 11:01:00 AM

I like this palette color wise the light champagne, the antique gold, the taupe brown and the dark purple just do wonders for my green-brown eyes. But I have the quad and those eyeshadows are bake and the color payoff is sooooo poor! It is buildable but it take a couple of layers before i'm satisfied. :(
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

These shades are gorgeous but I think this quad is a bit too warm for my NW25 skintone. The pigmentation and texture are both fabulous. I am going to try it wet to see if I love it more.

on 10/21/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Very smart quad. Super for everyday use. The colours are beautiful and I love the quality as well. Not to mention that it's a long lasting product even without a primer. Too bad it's a limited edition, could become a classic.

on 8/20/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful eyeshadow palette. Neutral colors, but not boring. The browns have a hint of purple that makes them interesting. The pigment and texture are better than my other chanel quads - dunes and mystic eyes. Dunes is a bit chalky (still pretty) and less pigmented. Mystic eyes is a bit too sparkly for me for everyday and seems harder to blend. I wear this for a clean, polished look for work, and I love it.

i love neutral eyeshadows. i can honestly not get enough. this palette is no exception. i am really loving this. it has perfect complimentary colors that aren't just browns. i love that it is nice for a smokey eye, but also work appropriate. the packaging is beautiful and very luxourious. i would recommend this to anyone that loves neutral eyes. the only slight complaint, is that the beige color doesn't quite show up on me as pigmented as id like... but still, i love it because it is a matte highlight which i tend to prefer in a quad.
this quad works awesome for travelling because of that.