Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Kaska

4.5

on 7/9/2011 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got this being as my ud naked shadows where a pain to fit in my on the go makeup bag. i saw the chanel shadows and thought they where great for every day natural eyes.............the 2 lighter colours are not as pigmented as the darker colours and i had the shock of my life when i found my nyx shadows had better colour pay off. it just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for

on 5/9/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The Kaska Beige quad is stunning! It is very natural on my mac Nw45 comlextion yet it shows. I put the lightest color to highlight, the sparkly brown color on the inner portion of my eye halfway, then the plum color from the middle out, following up with the matte brown in the crease and blend from there...it is the perfect natural look!! the quality is amazing! smooth, and blends with ease!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I simply adore Chanel e/s but this quad blew me out of the water, and that is rare for me. But why, oh WHY must it be LE? I have been using this so much that I am tempted to buy another, which is rare too. I have many eyeshadows and palettes, but this one is by far my favorite of them all. I buy so much makeup, mostly lippies and palettes that I rarely pay attention to the quality of the shadows i am using, unless of course they are chalky or i can't work with them, but i can honestly say that has never happened to me. I buy shadows of all brands, from d/s to h/e and in-between and have always been impressed with Chanel. I have always found the pigmentation to be excellent and the textures to be soft and smooth and application a breeze, Now I am truly PPP - no match in MAC, my closest foundation match is Bobbi Brown Alabaster and even that shade could be a little lighter. That being said, every single nuance of color shows up on me - I love the bronzy-brown color (bottom right), as it has a slight golden glimmer and I can apply this color to my lid, fade it up past the crease to a lighter brown/bronze and use the rich, buttery cream color to blend up to my brow gone for the perfect workday look that also makes my blue eyes bluer and brighter, in fact, every shade in the quad enhances my eyes beautifully. These are my 2 favorite shades of the quad and I use them daily. When I want an eye look with a little more depth, I use the shade in the upper right hand corner (I call it a semi matte brown-raisin) in the outer "V" to add depth and the shade in the lower left hand corner (I would describe it as a purpley-brown with slight plummy shimmer) over my liner or as a liner itself. I can see both of these shades being excellent in the crease for a more dramatic look at night. I love that these shadows go from day to night, making them great to travel with. Can't find anything bad to say - OMG I love this quad!!!!!!!!

on 12/29/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the Spring 2010 quad from Chanel. It's not your typical springy colors - they're goldens and plum browns - lovely, but not "spring". Still, this is one of the nicest quads Chanel has put out in a while. The colors all go well together, and pigmentation is wonderful! They blend smoothly as well. I tend to like these kinds of colors anyway, so this is a big rave from me! Apparently these are in fairly limited numbers, so I guess they're not permanent, so best hustle if you want one! I'll get a lot of use out of this set - all year long!