Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige
Chanel Kaska

4.7

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the only Chanel quad I own, and probably the only I will purchase, Working at a makeup counter I get to play around with a lot of makeup, and to be honest this one is by far the best combination I've seen Chanel make, for my taste that is. I think the colors look amazing on all eyecolors, but espessially brown and green, because of the warm goldeny shade, and the slight plummy brown. really brings the hazel out in brown eyes. I am not a collecter like some chanel fans, even though I could easily be, given my place of work, I like simple elegant makeup without too much clutter, and this is a quad I could easily chuck in my bag for a weekend or a holiday and be perfectly satisfied. I think the shades a classy natural and timeless. The only negative thing I have to say is that they arrent the most pigmented eyeshadows in the world, you do kind of have to rub your brush a bit, but this doesnt bother me that much. Love them.

on 7/14/2011 9:51:00 AM

This is one of my most beautiful e/s quads I own. The colors by themselves are nothing spectacular, but something amazing happens when you apply them together. It gives you such a natural look, but defined and smokey at the same time. I use the gold color on the lid with a golden base (MAC cash flow PP), then use the taupey-purple color in the crease (which blends out beautifully!!). The darkest purple color is used wet as a liner for both upper and lower lashes. The creamy color is used as a highlight and inner tearduct brightener.

Staying power is good, don't see much if any creasing after a day's wear, but again, use a good primer for more pigmentation.

The only down side is that the shadows are a bit powdery, but nothing too horrible that I can't live with! Overall - wonderful daily-use palette.

on 5/24/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Chanel Kaska Beige eye shadow quad ($57 USD) contains a deep neutral shades of brownish and purplish. This is one of the best quad from Chanel. The staying power is amazing with or without an eyeshadow primer! The shadows affect is so pretty as well, it has a micro shimmer once applied to an eyelid that is not glittery but subtle for any age groups. People tend to notice my eyes more whenever I wear Kaska Beige and this makes me happy. You can do many looks with this quad from an everyday light brown to an evening smoky brownish/purplish. The compact comes in a dark blue velvet poach and 2 sponge tip brushes. If you plan to get a Chanel quad, get this one, you will love it. I would recommend Kaska Beige for everyone with all skin tones and undertones because it will look very beautiful on everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sorry, but this quad is soooo boring. I thought it would bring out the blue in my grey eyes. No way! It just sat there (in all kind of combinations) - boring brown-ish rather flat shadows. All colors crease on me as well. I am not really into Chanel eyeshadows as they have little to 0 staying power on me despite eyeshadow base+powder on top (European baked versions, I haven't tried any other versions).
I still use this quad every now and then but it's just not worth the money you pay for it (in my opinion). It's still good for creating a natural nude daily look (you can upgrade it to "I am ready to party* look with the darker purple shadow). I also think the SA who advised this quad to me was way wrong! I am fair with pink undertones, and this quad is rather "warm". She shouldn't have advised it to me in the first place! Update: one lippie up. I should have tried it with UD sin as base color long ago. It gives this quad a whole new dimension.

on 1/28/2011 11:01:00 AM

I like this palette color wise the light champagne, the antique gold, the taupe brown and the dark purple just do wonders for my green-brown eyes. But I have the quad and those eyeshadows are bake and the color payoff is sooooo poor! It is buildable but it take a couple of layers before i'm satisfied. :(
continued >>

on 6/29/2010 5:05:00 AM

I have nothing but love for this quad. You could go from day time neutral to sexy sophisticated smoky night look. The powder is finely milled, the usual excellent quality. For darker pigmentation, wet your brush. I have Nymphea (sp) and Spices but this is my fav. Get one and you won't regret :)

on 6/6/2010 5:00:00 PM

Let me start by writing that I think that Chanel puts thought into their color selections of eyeshadows. This could have be just another generic brown eyeshadow quad. In fact, the colors are all very usable. I especially like the gold brown color for summer. I have green hazel eyes and this shade goes well with my eyes. It also has a matte medium brown that would be good for fall in an office setting. I also like the highlighter cream color. I put this all over my lid and then add the other colors. The darkest shade is a plum brown, which is a nice change from just a dark brown. I would recommend this color for a brunette.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish this was not LE, I love the color combination and the payoff if wonderful. the texture and the classic chanel packaging of the shadows is also quite dreamy. it being LE makes me not want to use it as much as I do.

on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have a few Chanel quads which I treasure. This one has favored status.

The texture of these ES is buttery. The pigmentation is superb and the colors are sophisticated and elegant. They highlight my eyes and bring out all the green in them. I think these would embellish any color eyes.

The case is Chanel elegance and sophistication. I know these are pricey but in this particular quad well worth it.

would re-purchase but as this was an LE, I think they are sold out for now.

If you find it, grab it!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

*Pictures and swatches at the end of this review*
This is quite possibly my favorite Chanel Quad. I've had it for about a month now and the few times I have used it, I can honestly say I've not been disappointed! I think if you're warm, you should get this!
The shadows are pigmented, smooth and not glittery or too shimmery/frosty! The cream color and dusty caramel brown I believe are satin finishes. The plummy brown and golden olivey bronze colors are sort of frost finishes, but not really frosty. They have just the slightest hint of shimmer and are perfect for neutral looks.
I don't really have too much more to say about this quad. It's just gorgeous and I think Chanel should make this part of the regular line of items, not LE. As usual with Chanel quads, this was pretty pricey. I paid $56 + tax at my Chanel counter. But if you think about the use you'll get out of it, I'm pretty sure it's worth it. Atleast in my opinion it is. Here are some pictures of the quad itself, the quad next to the Mystic Eyes quad and swatches on my skin.

Kaska Beige on the left and Mystic Eyes on the right