Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige
Chanel Kaska

4.8

I bought this on a splurge buy when I was wanting to replace my god-awful glitter-infused L'Oreal Lavender Smokes Palette. I loved the colors in the L'Oreal palette, so I went to the Chanel counter asking if they had something similar. The MUA recommended the Kaska Beige Quad, and I haven't looked back. The vanilla color is seriously the best one I have ever come across. I know it's strange to rant about vanilla colors, but it's just that amazing! I also love alternating between the glimmer purple and glimmer brown for work on my outer courner. They're the perfect amount of glimmer, and not so obnoxious as the L'Oreal palette. The matte brown is wonderful for my crease when I wear my glasses, creating a beautiful natural look. This is an HG palette for me. At first I was worried, since I'd heard it was only a limited edition palette, but so far, Chanel still carries it. I hope they never get rid of it! <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sorry, but this quad is soooo boring. I thought it would bring out the blue in my grey eyes. No way! It just sat there (in all kind of combinations) - boring brown-ish rather flat shadows. All colors crease on me as well. I am not really into Chanel eyeshadows as they have little to 0 staying power on me despite eyeshadow base+powder on top (European baked versions, I haven't tried any other versions).
I still use this quad every now and then but it's just not worth the money you pay for it (in my opinion). It's still good for creating a natural nude daily look (you can upgrade it to "I am ready to party* look with the darker purple shadow). I also think the SA who advised this quad to me was way wrong! I am fair with pink undertones, and this quad is rather "warm". She shouldn't have advised it to me in the first place! Update: one lippie up. I should have tried it with UD sin as base color long ago. It gives this quad a whole new dimension.

on 8/20/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful eyeshadow palette. Neutral colors, but not boring. The browns have a hint of purple that makes them interesting. The pigment and texture are better than my other chanel quads - dunes and mystic eyes. Dunes is a bit chalky (still pretty) and less pigmented. Mystic eyes is a bit too sparkly for me for everyday and seems harder to blend. I wear this for a clean, polished look for work, and I love it.

This quad made me give Chanel eyeshadows a second chance. I had purchased a quad last summer that did not worked out for me. I can't remember which quad it was but the colors were to similar and i felt like they did not stay were they should have. Anywayssss i have tried other chanel products that i have liked, but always ignored the eyeshadows, till the makeup sales lady used these colors on me and i was WOW. I did not bought it right away, as i wanted to see if they lasted on my eyes, and they did! WOW! These colors are gourgous! I love them!!! If you like Chanel shadows, i think this quad is a must have.

on 1/19/2010 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel quad..I could never bring myself to make that splurge but the colors are so pretty that i had to get it..It is very well pigmented and the colors pop my dark brown eyes..m a sucker for taupe and brown n this has the perfect combination..It can be used for day time as well ..loving it so far..u must try it..m NC35-40 for ref..