Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Kaska

4.5

on 7/9/2011 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got this being as my ud naked shadows where a pain to fit in my on the go makeup bag. i saw the chanel shadows and thought they where great for every day natural eyes.............the 2 lighter colours are not as pigmented as the darker colours and i had the shock of my life when i found my nyx shadows had better colour pay off. it just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sorry, but this quad is soooo boring. I thought it would bring out the blue in my grey eyes. No way! It just sat there (in all kind of combinations) - boring brown-ish rather flat shadows. All colors crease on me as well. I am not really into Chanel eyeshadows as they have little to 0 staying power on me despite eyeshadow base+powder on top (European baked versions, I haven't tried any other versions).
I still use this quad every now and then but it's just not worth the money you pay for it (in my opinion). It's still good for creating a natural nude daily look (you can upgrade it to "I am ready to party* look with the darker purple shadow). I also think the SA who advised this quad to me was way wrong! I am fair with pink undertones, and this quad is rather "warm". She shouldn't have advised it to me in the first place! Update: one lippie up. I should have tried it with UD sin as base color long ago. It gives this quad a whole new dimension.

This quad is a fantastic, fantastic, fantastic product! Oh my goodness girls. The colours are gorgeous and really suited for each other, and the pigmentation is great, which means great staying power.

I love it. Absolutely love it, and use it for everything - work, nights out, lunch dates etc. Perfect.

on 6/29/2010 5:05:00 AM

I have nothing but love for this quad. You could go from day time neutral to sexy sophisticated smoky night look. The powder is finely milled, the usual excellent quality. For darker pigmentation, wet your brush. I have Nymphea (sp) and Spices but this is my fav. Get one and you won't regret :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I simply adore Chanel e/s but this quad blew me out of the water, and that is rare for me. But why, oh WHY must it be LE? I have been using this so much that I am tempted to buy another, which is rare too. I have many eyeshadows and palettes, but this one is by far my favorite of them all. I buy so much makeup, mostly lippies and palettes that I rarely pay attention to the quality of the shadows i am using, unless of course they are chalky or i can't work with them, but i can honestly say that has never happened to me. I buy shadows of all brands, from d/s to h/e and in-between and have always been impressed with Chanel. I have always found the pigmentation to be excellent and the textures to be soft and smooth and application a breeze, Now I am truly PPP - no match in MAC, my closest foundation match is Bobbi Brown Alabaster and even that shade could be a little lighter. That being said, every single nuance of color shows up on me - I love the bronzy-brown color (bottom right), as it has a slight golden glimmer and I can apply this color to my lid, fade it up past the crease to a lighter brown/bronze and use the rich, buttery cream color to blend up to my brow gone for the perfect workday look that also makes my blue eyes bluer and brighter, in fact, every shade in the quad enhances my eyes beautifully. These are my 2 favorite shades of the quad and I use them daily. When I want an eye look with a little more depth, I use the shade in the upper right hand corner (I call it a semi matte brown-raisin) in the outer "V" to add depth and the shade in the lower left hand corner (I would describe it as a purpley-brown with slight plummy shimmer) over my liner or as a liner itself. I can see both of these shades being excellent in the crease for a more dramatic look at night. I love that these shadows go from day to night, making them great to travel with. Can't find anything bad to say - OMG I love this quad!!!!!!!!

on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have a few Chanel quads which I treasure. This one has favored status.

The texture of these ES is buttery. The pigmentation is superb and the colors are sophisticated and elegant. They highlight my eyes and bring out all the green in them. I think these would embellish any color eyes.

The case is Chanel elegance and sophistication. I know these are pricey but in this particular quad well worth it.

would re-purchase but as this was an LE, I think they are sold out for now.

If you find it, grab it!

on 1/29/2010 5:34:00 AM

Great product! Very velvety and soft, it is very easy to apply these highly pigmented eye shadows.

Perfect for day and night, they blend amazingly on the eyelids. I am really impressed. Definetely recommend this quad.

on 1/24/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, how I love this quad! I bought it on a whim...love at first sight at the Chanel counter. The colors are gorgeous! A deep, shimmery plum, a softer, muted, browned plum, a shimmering bronze, and a matte peachy-beige. They all work so amazingly together, and can be used in so many ways! I went out to dinner tonight and used all 4 colors together...the bronze on the lid with the browned plum in the crease and "v", the peachy-beige as a highlighter at the brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye, and the deep plum used wet as a liner. It was a lovely, sophisticated, smokey look...absolutely gorgeous! For day, I can use just two of the lighter colors for a more subtle daytime look while still getting plenty of "pop" for my brown eyes. These colors are so highly pigmented and easy to blend, as well. It's a joy to work with them! I'm actually considering going back and getting a backup of this, as it's an LE and I don't want to be without it!