Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Kaska

4.3

on 1/24/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I recently got this in a swap, and being only my 2nd Chanel quad was excited to try it. I was disappointed at first because there was hardly any pigment on any of the shadows. What I did was take off the first layer of each color, with a tissue, and the pigmentation has returned. I'm a purple and brown wearer (I have hazel eyes, NC20) so I knew this would work on me. I wasn't disappointed. Because there are 2 dark shades, this could be used in many ways, more versatile than Spices, my 1st quad, which I also love. I agree though that I wish the lightest shade was lighter, with more sheen, as a more proper highlighter, hence the 4 rating. I have yet to try it in other ways, but love it so far.

on 2/7/2010 12:04:00 AM

I like this quad, but I have to admit, I don't love it. I was eagerly awaiting for it to be available here in Toronto, and the first day it was out, I brought it home. The colours all swatched beautifully in the store, but after actually trying it on, I wasn't as impressed. The three plummier shades are really nice, and make for a quick plummy brown neutral eye. But the brown shade (bottom right) does not work all that well with my olive skin. It would've been nice if they had made this more shimmery, like the grey shade in the Mystic Eyes quad, to give it some more dimension. I also find that I really need liner when I use this quad, which I don't normally bother with during the day. So overall, I do like this quad, for the other three shades, and once again, I find it decently pigmented and easily blendable, so I would likely buy again.

I adore Chanel quads. They do neutrals like no one else. I do not wear a lot of eye makeup except for mascara, and these are beautiful exceptions to that rule. They are neutrals, but then elaborated. Instead of a brown you get a wonderful dark plum with brown that can go on sheer or dark. I personally don't use these "the right way"- I like to layer all over the lip and press into the crease the darker color and then press a lighter shade, like a shimmery gold, all over to lighten it up. I love how it looks like that and I am just thrilled. Worth every penny as I will probably never finish it...