Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

Chanel Kaska

4.6

on 12/29/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the Spring 2010 quad from Chanel. It's not your typical springy colors - they're goldens and plum browns - lovely, but not "spring". Still, this is one of the nicest quads Chanel has put out in a while. The colors all go well together, and pigmentation is wonderful! They blend smoothly as well. I tend to like these kinds of colors anyway, so this is a big rave from me! Apparently these are in fairly limited numbers, so I guess they're not permanent, so best hustle if you want one! I'll get a lot of use out of this set - all year long!

on 12/29/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is probably my favorite quad Chanel has done. I have worn it every day since I bought it. All the colors blend beautifully together. And last all day without turning muddy looking. I think plums and browns sometimes end up looking like one big blop. I will probably buy a backup. The colors also are not too shimmery. It is a nice blend of matte and slight shimmer.

I adore Chanel quads. They do neutrals like no one else. I do not wear a lot of eye makeup except for mascara, and these are beautiful exceptions to that rule. They are neutrals, but then elaborated. Instead of a brown you get a wonderful dark plum with brown that can go on sheer or dark. I personally don't use these "the right way"- I like to layer all over the lip and press into the crease the darker color and then press a lighter shade, like a shimmery gold, all over to lighten it up. I love how it looks like that and I am just thrilled. Worth every penny as I will probably never finish it...

on 12/31/2009 4:20:00 PM

I've been waiting for this quad for about 6 weeks-- since I first saw a preview of it on Temptalia or The Non Blonde blog... lovely. My only gripe is that I wish the lightest shade were lighter-- it is fleshier-- not as much a highlighter as a lowlighter. The two purple shades are wonderful. The bronze shade looks great with the eyeliner.

on 1/9/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually buy Dior but I saw this on Chanel's website and went by today to purchase it, I love this quad, finally one that I can really use all the colors. I love this quad so much I might go and get another one as this might be a limited edition.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I got this because I wanted to branch out of my usual browns and blacks and I had heard that brown eyes really pop with purple shadows. I bought the quad because when the artist tried it on me it looked great, not over the top purple, but brown with some plum to it. I then debated on whether to take it back because I wasn't sure if I'd really wear colored eyeshadows or not. Decided to keep it and glad I did. I don't think I can find another perfect plum palatte with brown tinged purples that aren't so colorful you can't wear them if you are more of a neutrals person.

on 1/19/2010 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel quad..I could never bring myself to make that splurge but the colors are so pretty that i had to get it..It is very well pigmented and the colors pop my dark brown eyes..m a sucker for taupe and brown n this has the perfect combination..It can be used for day time as well ..loving it so far..u must try it..m NC35-40 for ref..

on 1/24/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, how I love this quad! I bought it on a whim...love at first sight at the Chanel counter. The colors are gorgeous! A deep, shimmery plum, a softer, muted, browned plum, a shimmering bronze, and a matte peachy-beige. They all work so amazingly together, and can be used in so many ways! I went out to dinner tonight and used all 4 colors together...the bronze on the lid with the browned plum in the crease and "v", the peachy-beige as a highlighter at the brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye, and the deep plum used wet as a liner. It was a lovely, sophisticated, smokey look...absolutely gorgeous! For day, I can use just two of the lighter colors for a more subtle daytime look while still getting plenty of "pop" for my brown eyes. These colors are so highly pigmented and easy to blend, as well. It's a joy to work with them! I'm actually considering going back and getting a backup of this, as it's an LE and I don't want to be without it!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

*Pictures and swatches at the end of this review*
This is quite possibly my favorite Chanel Quad. I've had it for about a month now and the few times I have used it, I can honestly say I've not been disappointed! I think if you're warm, you should get this!
The shadows are pigmented, smooth and not glittery or too shimmery/frosty! The cream color and dusty caramel brown I believe are satin finishes. The plummy brown and golden olivey bronze colors are sort of frost finishes, but not really frosty. They have just the slightest hint of shimmer and are perfect for neutral looks.
I don't really have too much more to say about this quad. It's just gorgeous and I think Chanel should make this part of the regular line of items, not LE. As usual with Chanel quads, this was pretty pricey. I paid $56 + tax at my Chanel counter. But if you think about the use you'll get out of it, I'm pretty sure it's worth it. Atleast in my opinion it is. Here are some pictures of the quad itself, the quad next to the Mystic Eyes quad and swatches on my skin.

Kaska Beige on the left and Mystic Eyes on the right

Swatches on my NC40 skin without a base

continued >>

on 1/29/2010 5:34:00 AM

Great product! Very velvety and soft, it is very easy to apply these highly pigmented eye shadows.

Perfect for day and night, they blend amazingly on the eyelids. I am really impressed. Definetely recommend this quad.