Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.0

on 7/16/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

At first I thought this mascara was great, I wore it maybe three times on hot sweaty days with great results. Completely randomly one day I'm wearing this mascara and I check in the mirror and see total raccoon eyes! Admittedly it was a hot day and I was sweating, but this is supposed to be long lasting!! This mascara was the only thing I was wearing on my eyes so I know it was the culprit. It wasn't even minimal smudging, it was like a total melt down on my bottom eyelid. :( Very disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was crap. I usually use the Extensions one and I loved it. Thought I would give this one a try. I wore it maybe 3 times. It made my lashes clump really bad. They looked awful. I gave it to my sister.

Like most others have said the primer is better than the mascara you just have to use a little technique to apply it and don't start at the roots only do the tips Too bad the brush for the primer is tricky to work with
It flakes once in awhile but it does last I'd say probably 12 hours looking ok. After 24 I think you would need to reapply again. Will not buy again but will use until this one is gone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This really is an amazing mascara. I have been using the maybelline intense, which many people don't like, for many years. When I saw good reviews for this I had to try it. I had tried the curl and lash extensions one before which i didn't like and always ended up going back to the intense one, which i feel gives me lashes volume and length and will always be one of my favs. This xxl bold though is perfect for a dramatic look. It really gives bold lashes, almost makes you look like you're wearing false lashes but not too fake that it looks bad or anything. It gives you tons of volume. The first coat (#1) is even enough but when you do #2 over that..holyy you will be blown away. I recommend this to anyone looking for really dramatic volumeized lashes without looking fake. It's great because the first step isn't white like other 2 step mascaras so there is no need to cover up white and possibly end up with grey lashes. I don't use this everyday because I don't have time for 2 step mascaras usually in the morning, but for nights out or special events, I always use this. Only thing is after 2 months i've noticed it's a bit try but it still works well, also it IS hard to take off compared to other mascaras, but not so hard that it turns me away from it. Would be 4 and a half lippies, but ill say 4 just for those 2 things.

I'm a mascara junkie and I love trying the latest ones. I've tried a few other XXL mascaras and liked them...but nothing spectacular like L'Oreal's Voluminous gave me (which I can't find anymore). I don't really see much of a difference between this and the other 939393 versions of XXL out there, except it's a super pain to get all the way off and instead of a white primer, it's black. I bought water proof makeup remover to try to help get this off and it still really doesn't come off even with soap and water before and after (and the oil in waterproof makeup remover is also a pain to get off, so it's a lose lose situation). As for the 24 hour claim... it lasts just as long as every other mascara I've tried (which is all day and night for me). Also, I hate how stubby they make the all the XXL brushes, it makes it difficult to get in the edges of lashes. All in all, I don't hate this product even though most of what I wrote was negative. It's good, not great. It gives a good day time length and volume. However, you can get the same results with the other XXL mascaras, without the difficulty of getting this off.

i like this product i mostly use it on my lower lashes it really makes them pop but it does not look as good on my upper lashes

on 3/27/2010 5:14:00 PM

does this product work...yes. is it a pain in the bottom...YES. even if i had plenty of time in the mornings (which i don't....who does?) i don't think i would bother with this one. i can acheive super long seperated bold lashes with this but it is so much work. i would rather have two seperate full-sized products than this awkard two-in-one. the fact that this is hard to get off would not even bother me if this was a super product but to hassle putting it on AND taking it off...it's just not worth it to me.

on 2/20/2010 11:37:00 PM

I love love love this mascara!!!! I love the black primer or number one step, I have tried many of the primers (shiseido the makeup mascara base, urban decay's lash primer, loreal double extend beauty tubes) was not impressed with any of them. Too clumpy and goopy looking. This mascara is awesome, it isnt clumpy for me and makes my lashes long and full consistently. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now and its still performing for me. Its beautiful, I cant say enough. Definitely try it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this and another Maybelline mascara when Walgreens had a BOGO a few weeks ago. I normally don't like the mascaras with a primer. I am in constant search of a mascara that can lengthen and provide volume. Boy oh boy does this mascara deliver. It gives me the longest and most volumized lashes that I have ever had. I had a lady stop me at the mall and ask me how I got my lashes so long. I am using this mascara with the new L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting serum and I feel that this combo has given me some great results. I think that I have found my HG mascara. It really does last through the day. It doesn't clump or flake and it holds a curl through the whole day. I highly recommend this mascara!!

Popular Mascaras