Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.3

on 3/18/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For a non waterproof formula, it did hold the curl decently for ~ 5 hours. I didn't see "BOLD" volume or anything like that ... just darker lashes, but nothing too notable. I found the 2 steps to be kind of pointless - I tried going straight to step 2 once, and didn't see a huge difference from when I used step 1 first! It's an okay mascara - does the job in darkening lashes, but nothing out of this world :)

on 8/24/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so today I was at the drugstore and I decided to buy this mascara because some lady RAVED about it on youtube. Anyway, I like this mascara but I don't plan on raving about it anytime soon.
The mascara wands on both ends aren't my favorite because they seem like they allow clumps. And the mascara flakes a little.
But it's pretty good besides all that.
OH and it makes my lashes longer but it doesn't really volumize them, making my lashes sometimes look like spider lashes.
Overall I would recommend this mascara but I would also recommend to get a voluminzing mascara to go with it.

UPDATE: This mascara is "ok" to me. I will admit, the very black color is VERY BLACK and will make your lashes look BOLD. But it flakes a lot for me. So I'm not sure if I would repurchase. The primer is better than the actual mascara too.

on 6/9/2010 3:29:00 PM

Cool mascara but not great. I like the XXL intense better. I hope Maybelline isn't trying to replace the XXL intense with this......smh

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara gave me false lashes. Wow... this gives good volume, length, and really holds a curl. The first step is just as black as the second step. This really made my lashes look longer, the longest I've seen a mascara has done to my lashes. Unfortunately after trying this for a few weeks, this mascara gave me raccoon eyes at the end of the day :( I was really wanting to like this one.