Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.6

on 9/14/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is really the best mascara I've used in term of the look it gives me. Long, perfect volume, yet define lashes. Everything is perfect apart from the fact that its really hard to get off. With my thin lashes this just mean that I sometime lose one or two lashes when I took my eye makeup off! =( still , this is the mascara I use every time I go out with friends. I just LOVE how my lashes look with this on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I can't stand this mascara. It makes my lashes a bit longer but I want volume. XXL means bigger not longer. Sheesh! Neither side 1 or side 2 did anything that any old run of the mill mascara does. I have to do a bajillion coats to even get moderate coverage.The wands are short compared to traditional mascara. I am going to try to make this work. When I use it with my other recent horrible mascara purchase (different brand)- the result is tolerable. I don't believe I should have to stack mascaras just to get a result I can get with one good mascara but I can't bare to toss out two brand new mascaras. I gave it two lippies because the very black is a nice black. Oh well. Hopefully both tubes of bum mascara will dry up really fast and I can go back to a better product soon.

on 11/18/2012 6:50:00 PM

I didn't buy this one entirely intentionally. I wanted this other version of XXL but they only had this one and i was like "sure, why not". I don't regret it for one second. Though the wand is short, it still delivers, but then again, it's only short because this mascara has two sides. One a primer/length and One for volume. The length side (thinner brush) can be used just by itself and it very well separates your lashes and if you want volume, use the other side. Or use both! Great mascara! It's not even waterproof and is still hard to remove. So I'm not sure if that's bad or not?

on 8/22/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This mascara did not last at all. It rubbed off
On my under eyes even when I used powder.
I was left with raccoon eyes everytime!
I gave it many chances but I ended up just throwing
It way. It's not worth it.

I bought this to replace the original XXL Volume + Length microfiber mascara. I did not like the first initial try of this, but the second time around I started getting the hang of it. This mascara may be ideal for those with sparse thin lashes. You just really have to play with the mascara a few times to get the hang of it. I could see how a makeup artist would use this mascara to its fullest potential. One thing im not particularily fond of is that I have to wait for the second use for this mascara to reach it fullest potential and it does dry out a bit quicker than your high end mascaras. Bearing that in mind I have not found anything to rival this mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara quite a bit. I initially bought it in 2009 but lost it & thought that some "cult favorite" mascaras would be better (i.e. Maybelline Falsies, L'Oreal Voluminous). Again, mascara is just extremely YMMV that you just have to try several different ones to see what works for you. I am confident that this will be a staple in my mascara stash, though.

I have typical Asian lashes. They're thin and grow downwards, but I am thankful that I have a *bit* of length to work with. Throughout the years I have used mascara, I am a firm believer that the brush is a key player to how the end results look (although the formula is pretty important too!) For me, straight wands keep my lashes more organized than curved wands. Traditional bristles work better for me than do plastic/silicone bristles, but I'm not sure why. Now, I've heard a lot of times that bigger brushes are better for volume. I find this to be true, but I also run the risk of leaving a smudgy mess on my eyelids. This is where this mascara surprises me. The wands are thinner than your typical volumizing mascara. I was amazed by the amount of volume that I got, considering the size of the brushes.

If you do get this mascara, play around with it to see what works for you. I've read several reviews saying to apply the "2" side first, but I'll share what works for me. Before I get into that, I should say that I don't think that this is a primer+mascara duo. If anything, it's more like a mascara+topcoat duo. Side "1" is the actual mascara. I usually layer 2-3 coats of this side. Side "2" is the water-resistant topcoat that also adds a small, extra boost of volume. I add 1-2 coats before Side "1" dries up, wait for all of it to dry, then curl my lashes. The end result I get is dark, full, and clean lashes that stay curled all day. I *do* wish that this gave a bit more length, but it excels at other qualities that I look for in a mascara.

on 2/2/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this mascara on the recommendation of my college age daughter. I have used these double sided mascaras in the past with good results so I felt the usual pull to try something new. On one side is a black mascara, or "primer" (probably the same mascara as the other end) with a smaller, thinner wand. On the other side is the top coat mascara, with a thicker, longer wand. The primer side does an amazing job of getting all the little hairs and into the tight corners without getting it all over your eyes. The top coat mascara with the bigger wand does a really good job of catching all those little lashes since the primer got them ready with a bit of product. It definitely lasted nearly 20 hours and was still looking great when I went to wash it off with a makeup remover cloth. No clumps, no racoon eyes and easy to remove with a remover wipe. I'm totally impressed and will definitely repurchase.

on 12/9/2011 10:35:00 PM

When I first applied it, I was surprised to see how long my lashes became. It was a smooth but clumpy...I've managed to deal with that. Also, why would someone make a mascara that last 24hrs when it's bad to wear it over night? Or is this product safe to do so? who knows...Okay, so after the first step, I then applied the top coat (number 2) and my lashes suddenly looked extremely long and full. Not the best I've used but I'm happy with it. I then curled it then used a brush to remove most of the clumps. It tinted and darken my lashes well and apparently it's build-able too. Overall...it's good. Not the best on the market but it's good for the price I got for it lol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clumps, smudges, disappears in 10 minutes...

on 10/8/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is like a dupe for MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash Mascara. Oh my, I don't even know where to start with this product. First off, the primer helps immensely in bringing out volume out of your eyelashes. It's also buildable, so the more coats you apply, the thicker your lashes appear. The topcoat (which is the second "step" from the tube) darkens your eyelashes. This mascara gives you length and volume, it's as if you're wearing fake lashes if you apply more coats. I would definitely repurchase this again, the price is a bit expensive but hey if you think about it, this is a pretty reasonable price for the result you get. This mascara can probably compete with high end brands.