Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.2

on 1/22/2013 4:05:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara! It makes my lashes look soooo long! The trick is to not let the first coat dry before you apply the second. Everyone always asks me of I'm wearing falsies! You need to buy this!

on 8/4/2010 4:51:00 PM

This is a really good mascara. I love that the primer side is black instead of white and seems to be a thinner consistencey. In the past all my experiecnes with two step mascaras resulted in chunky greyish lashes but this isn't like that at all. The only advice I have is to apply the second step right after the first since this can get messy and clumpy if you let it dry between steps. Besides that it gives me full dark black lashes with a bit of extra length (I have long lashes already so volume and colour is what I'm looking for) and I've never had issues with running or smudging. It's defining without being overly dramatic or over the top. This has become my go to, everyday mascara since I'm out of my HG waterproof Full and Soft right now and I'm trying to use up some of my randon purchases before buying more. Overall, with this mascara I don't miss my Full and Soft as much as I thought I would and I'm yet again really impressed with another Maybelline mascara.

This gave me the drama I have been looking for. I applied as suggested, using step 2 first and then step 1. I was able to apply three alternating coats of each without clumping, and got very dark, full, lashes. I would have liked a bit more length, but I'll experiment more since I am able to add coats. A black base coat is the way to go; you don't have to try to cover up the white, and the color is black, not gray.

I agree that the double wand is awkward, and while the price is a bit much for drugstore, there are BOGOs all the time.

This is hard to remove, but I imagine this is a positive for most people, not negative.

I'll repurchase if I don't find something else I like better in the meantime. ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this sucked.

on 2/7/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not so good for me. I usually avoid 2-step mascaras (I just hate another step) but because of the good reviews I decided to try it. My main beef with this is that I cannot get this stuff off my eyelashes!! I didn't think it was waterproof. Usually I can get most of my mascara off with a cleansingwipe and then facewash but this stuff just seems to cling on for dear life. After a week my eyelashes were totally coated and sticking to my eyelash curler. I swear a chunk of my eyelashes came out. I'll probably just finish it up but will not repurchase.

UPDATE** I changed this to a 1. This has completely destroyed my lashes. I don't know why it affected me like this as nobody else seems to have had this problem. I think all the rubbing to get the stupid stuff off just really thinned them out. I'm so sad :(

on 2/3/2010 11:30:00 AM

maybelline makes my all time favorite mascara - the one i always go back to... great lash. so i figured i would give this a try when a friend told me about it. i like it. i like it alot. i have tried it as its supposed to be used : #1 primer 1st then #2 mascara. Ive tried it as suggested by another reviewer #2 first, then #1. ive used it in conjunction with my great lash- kinda all blended and used the primer multiple times during coats of mascara and i find that way has worked best for me! today my lashes look amazing. i dont mind a little extra effort and time on my mascara to get my lashes gorgeous! the pay off for that little extra time is fantastic.