Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

2.8

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I don't know why this mascara got such lousy reviews, I find myself reaching for this mascara much more then my Voluminous or Bad Gal lashes. I love the two step system and I like that the formula isn't too wet or clumpy. This makes false lashes even more gorgeous and dramatic. I also love this stuff for putting mascara on my lower lashes, it makes it easy because of the smaller wand and it doesn't smudge and make a huge mess. I haven't experienced any smudging or flakes from this mascara. Love!

on 8/22/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This mascara did not last at all. It rubbed off
On my under eyes even when I used powder.
I was left with raccoon eyes everytime!
I gave it many chances but I ended up just throwing
It way. It's not worth it.

on 7/16/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

At first I thought this mascara was great, I wore it maybe three times on hot sweaty days with great results. Completely randomly one day I'm wearing this mascara and I check in the mirror and see total raccoon eyes! Admittedly it was a hot day and I was sweating, but this is supposed to be long lasting!! This mascara was the only thing I was wearing on my eyes so I know it was the culprit. It wasn't even minimal smudging, it was like a total melt down on my bottom eyelid. :( Very disappointed.

on 3/21/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on the fence about this product. I originally started out using the primer but found that after a few times when I noticed I didn't cover the white primer properly I decided to stop using the primer. Yes it does add some volume but this product works on its own. It is not WP but gives enough coverage for dark lashes, decent volume. There is some smudging on my upper lashes because they're long and touch my brow. I purchased this at a discount outlet for $2.99 so a good deal. Wish the buy again had a maybe option but if I had to lean one way or another, it's a no because it doesn't have the wow factor.

on 12/29/2011 6:47:00 PM

I adore the original version of this so I figured I'd try this. I mean, sounds like it'd be amazing. Not so much.
Formula- No primer like the other versions. It's just a regular mascara and another mascara thats waterproof.. = clumps out the yin yan.
Brush- Good. Ordinary brush. Nothing special.
Design/Packaging- Nice. Sleek looking
Price- Pricy for a drugstore mascara.. especially when I hated it. If I'm going to spend that much on a DS mascara, I'll stick with the original formula.

on 11/10/2010 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used Intense XXL before and remembered liking it for what it was but not being impressed. I had a coupon and all the "new" XXL mascara's were on sale so I picked this one. I wish I had tried the microfiber one as people seem to be more happy with that one then the Bold.
I really don't understand what is bold about this mascara. I really love that the primer is black and NOT white like most 2 step mascara's - I have the hardest time getting the white covered! This primer is definitely better then the mascara its self and I sometimes just wear the primer and don't bother with the 2 step process.
I was running out of my last mascara (L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes) which I loved compared to this, just hate white primers as they never seem to be completely covered. Would not buy XXL Bold again but will use until the primer runs out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mascara is awful; don't waste your money. The wands don't really separate lashes well and I hate the two step process. I used this on one eye and used my MAC one on the other and the lashes I used this on looked so limp and lame. Not going to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This really is an amazing mascara. I have been using the maybelline intense, which many people don't like, for many years. When I saw good reviews for this I had to try it. I had tried the curl and lash extensions one before which i didn't like and always ended up going back to the intense one, which i feel gives me lashes volume and length and will always be one of my favs. This xxl bold though is perfect for a dramatic look. It really gives bold lashes, almost makes you look like you're wearing false lashes but not too fake that it looks bad or anything. It gives you tons of volume. The first coat (#1) is even enough but when you do #2 over that..holyy you will be blown away. I recommend this to anyone looking for really dramatic volumeized lashes without looking fake. It's great because the first step isn't white like other 2 step mascaras so there is no need to cover up white and possibly end up with grey lashes. I don't use this everyday because I don't have time for 2 step mascaras usually in the morning, but for nights out or special events, I always use this. Only thing is after 2 months i've noticed it's a bit try but it still works well, also it IS hard to take off compared to other mascaras, but not so hard that it turns me away from it. Would be 4 and a half lippies, but ill say 4 just for those 2 things.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

gave me long dark lashes, very buildable.. so in use with another mascara, you can achieve thick & long lashes. I would say the only thing i didnt like was that it can flake if you use too much.. and I love having dramatic lashes so of course mine always started to flake after a while.

on 4/15/2010 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I may buy this again. The product has the ability to make you look like you have falsies on! Great thickening. Not so much lenthening. I like it. I actually like the two brushes. I use Step 2 first and Step 1 last. I find that the step 1 brush is thinner and better separates lashes so I use it last. Although is 24 hr bold this is not waterproof! It smudges sometimes. But a good quality mascara to get that falsy look coveted by such mascaras as Dior Show...for a lot less!