Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.3

on 8/4/2010 4:51:00 PM

This is a really good mascara. I love that the primer side is black instead of white and seems to be a thinner consistencey. In the past all my experiecnes with two step mascaras resulted in chunky greyish lashes but this isn't like that at all. The only advice I have is to apply the second step right after the first since this can get messy and clumpy if you let it dry between steps. Besides that it gives me full dark black lashes with a bit of extra length (I have long lashes already so volume and colour is what I'm looking for) and I've never had issues with running or smudging. It's defining without being overly dramatic or over the top. This has become my go to, everyday mascara since I'm out of my HG waterproof Full and Soft right now and I'm trying to use up some of my randon purchases before buying more. Overall, with this mascara I don't miss my Full and Soft as much as I thought I would and I'm yet again really impressed with another Maybelline mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this sucked.

on 2/23/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I swore I would never try one of these mascaras again, I find the packaging so inconvienent and I'm not into having to apply 2 products to achieve a "full and long lashes" look. However, after watching Emilynoel on youtube, she shared how promising this product is and of course, I had to try it. Step #1, allows you to coat your lashes with a thinner brush and #2, adds that extra 'oomph'. The final result is quite impressive. My lashes look like they've grown overnight. I do wish I would waited for those drugstore BOGO offers, to try the Maybelline falsies mascara as that product is getting decent reviews, and this cost about 9 bucks alone. Overall, great product, I will keep on my list of "repurchase" items.

on 2/20/2010 11:37:00 PM

I love love love this mascara!!!! I love the black primer or number one step, I have tried many of the primers (shiseido the makeup mascara base, urban decay's lash primer, loreal double extend beauty tubes) was not impressed with any of them. Too clumpy and goopy looking. This mascara is awesome, it isnt clumpy for me and makes my lashes long and full consistently. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now and its still performing for me. Its beautiful, I cant say enough. Definitely try it.

on 2/10/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For a drugstore mascara the results were not bad. The black primer debut is long overdue so bravo on that. It is also quite glossy rather than gluey and gunky which was a pleasant surprise, and primes the lashes well for length. The mascara layered on top gives you extra length and moderate volume. I do not find this to give you major glamorous lashes though- the effect is similar to L'Oreal Voluminous. So it's good, but doesn't really hit it out of the park which the name seems to suggest. My two gripes are (1) both brushes are poorly designed- not tapered enough at the ends to let you prime and coat each lash so I ended up brushing my skin quite often, and (2) my lower lashes started smudging within the hour.

on 2/7/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not so good for me. I usually avoid 2-step mascaras (I just hate another step) but because of the good reviews I decided to try it. My main beef with this is that I cannot get this stuff off my eyelashes!! I didn't think it was waterproof. Usually I can get most of my mascara off with a cleansingwipe and then facewash but this stuff just seems to cling on for dear life. After a week my eyelashes were totally coated and sticking to my eyelash curler. I swear a chunk of my eyelashes came out. I'll probably just finish it up but will not repurchase.

UPDATE** I changed this to a 1. This has completely destroyed my lashes. I don't know why it affected me like this as nobody else seems to have had this problem. I think all the rubbing to get the stupid stuff off just really thinned them out. I'm so sad :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If someone had asked me two days ago, I would have rated this about a three. It was clumpy and made my lashes look spidery. But I decided to give it another chance, and this time tried putting on the 2 side before the 1 side... and voila! Instant false eyelashes in a tube.

Long and perfectly thick but not clumpy lashes that stay curled ALL day (I have Asian eyelashes, they never ever stay curled for longer than a couple hours). I did get some flaking today, but it was very minimal and I think it actually came from my eyeliner.

For $7.49, go out and get this today! Seriously people, it's THAT good.