Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

4.5

on 2/2/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this mascara on the recommendation of my college age daughter. I have used these double sided mascaras in the past with good results so I felt the usual pull to try something new. On one side is a black mascara, or "primer" (probably the same mascara as the other end) with a smaller, thinner wand. On the other side is the top coat mascara, with a thicker, longer wand. The primer side does an amazing job of getting all the little hairs and into the tight corners without getting it all over your eyes. The top coat mascara with the bigger wand does a really good job of catching all those little lashes since the primer got them ready with a bit of product. It definitely lasted nearly 20 hours and was still looking great when I went to wash it off with a makeup remover cloth. No clumps, no racoon eyes and easy to remove with a remover wipe. I'm totally impressed and will definitely repurchase.

on 8/24/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so today I was at the drugstore and I decided to buy this mascara because some lady RAVED about it on youtube. Anyway, I like this mascara but I don't plan on raving about it anytime soon.
The mascara wands on both ends aren't my favorite because they seem like they allow clumps. And the mascara flakes a little.
But it's pretty good besides all that.
OH and it makes my lashes longer but it doesn't really volumize them, making my lashes sometimes look like spider lashes.
Overall I would recommend this mascara but I would also recommend to get a voluminzing mascara to go with it.

UPDATE: This mascara is "ok" to me. I will admit, the very black color is VERY BLACK and will make your lashes look BOLD. But it flakes a lot for me. So I'm not sure if I would repurchase. The primer is better than the actual mascara too.