Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by skin type : Other
Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely love this mascara i love side 1 it gives length and side 2 volume, its kind of expensive its aroun $9.50 but what you pay for is what you gett,this mascara is totalyy a repurchasee
i love how it give lengt,volume,and it defines like one by onee
i recommendd ittt!:)

on 2/5/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up at wal-mart a few days ago. Prior to that, I kept passing it by in every store I saw it in thinking to myself, "I have a ton of mascaras already. When am I going to stop buying the newest mascaras thinking that I'll find a better one than what I have? I almost never do." I saw the few reviews on here and they were positive almost all across the board, so I caved.

Well, I'm glad I did cave and bought it because I am IN LOVE with this mascara! I've loved lash blast, and before that, volume couture (until I found out MF was being d/c in the US) but this blows them out of the water. It is definitely my new HG.

This literally made my short asian lashes look twice as long and much fuller! With lash blast, I got length and volume but my lashes didn't look dense enough. You saw a lot of space in between my lashes. This mascara gave me length, volume, fullness, holds a curl, and gives decent separation (once I learned to apply it in the way that was best for me). I use my sonia kashuk metal lash come like I do with all my mascaras for extra separation. I also agree that the extra effort and time to make your lashes look amazing is so worth it. You don't even have to retouch, maybe just re-curl your lashes hours later. I haven't needed to. For you ladies w/ already long lashes, I can only imagine what they'll look like w/ this.

For those interested in buying it, you should know that you may hate it at first, like I did. The formula seems dry and difficult to work with (which I realize now that it explains the staying power) The result was spidery and clumped some lashes together. I worked with it and I figured out that you have to apply it in fast strokes (I usually apply my mascara slowly trying to coat every lash evenly...didn't work so well with this, at least for me) to avoid clumps.

I agree w/ the previous reviewers. Basically, you have to try the primer and mascara one before the other and then vice-versa to see which method of application works best for you. I apply it like this: 2nd mascara 1st, THEN primer, then 2nd mascara again to seal it. My lashes can handle this much mascara and this sequence worked the best for me. So much better than my other xxl mascaras...like xxl extensions and the waterproof xxl. I love the fact that the primer is black. You don't have to worry about covering up the primer with the mascara and end up looking grayish. This mascara is a true black with a somewhat shiny finish. It stays on all day and removes easily with an oil based remover. Although Mary Kay "Oil Free" remover takes off everything, including this.

I've never gotten such great results from a mascara, let alone a false lash effect. I will most definitely repurchase.

You just HAVE to try this for yourself.
Maybelline has come out with other new xxl mascaras along with this and I'm eager to try them as well.

**Edit: This is still an amazing mascara and I'm keeping the lippie rating as-is. However, I've been using my Maybelline Lash Stiletto Volumptuous Waterproof more often because it gives me great results, although not as dramatic. I reach for it more often mostly because it eliminates the need for a primer, the extra steps, and the meticulous application. When I'm in a rush in the morning, I don't have the patience to use the Maybelline XXL Bold. On days I have ample time (definitely not a morning person!) or when I have a night on the town, I still love using it. And like I mentioned in the original review, the extra effort to get amazing lashes is worth it. So, I'd say this and Lash Stiletto are definitely my current faves.