Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.0

Despite its claims of being smudgeproof and having a primer layer, I found this mascara smudges just as much as others. I got raccoon eyes on a regular basis. The only mascara I've found that doesn't give me raccoon eyes is Cargo Better than Waterproof but I hate removing it mascara because I feel like I am pulling out my eyelashes when I remove the "tubes". I just bought the Clinique no smudge and so far it seems better.

on 11/18/2012 6:50:00 PM

I didn't buy this one entirely intentionally. I wanted this other version of XXL but they only had this one and i was like "sure, why not". I don't regret it for one second. Though the wand is short, it still delivers, but then again, it's only short because this mascara has two sides. One a primer/length and One for volume. The length side (thinner brush) can be used just by itself and it very well separates your lashes and if you want volume, use the other side. Or use both! Great mascara! It's not even waterproof and is still hard to remove. So I'm not sure if that's bad or not?

on 7/16/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

At first I thought this mascara was great, I wore it maybe three times on hot sweaty days with great results. Completely randomly one day I'm wearing this mascara and I check in the mirror and see total raccoon eyes! Admittedly it was a hot day and I was sweating, but this is supposed to be long lasting!! This mascara was the only thing I was wearing on my eyes so I know it was the culprit. It wasn't even minimal smudging, it was like a total melt down on my bottom eyelid. :( Very disappointed.

on 12/29/2011 6:47:00 PM

I adore the original version of this so I figured I'd try this. I mean, sounds like it'd be amazing. Not so much.
Formula- No primer like the other versions. It's just a regular mascara and another mascara thats waterproof.. = clumps out the yin yan.
Brush- Good. Ordinary brush. Nothing special.
Design/Packaging- Nice. Sleek looking
Price- Pricy for a drugstore mascara.. especially when I hated it. If I'm going to spend that much on a DS mascara, I'll stick with the original formula.

on 12/9/2011 10:35:00 PM

When I first applied it, I was surprised to see how long my lashes became. It was a smooth but clumpy...I've managed to deal with that. Also, why would someone make a mascara that last 24hrs when it's bad to wear it over night? Or is this product safe to do so? who knows...Okay, so after the first step, I then applied the top coat (number 2) and my lashes suddenly looked extremely long and full. Not the best I've used but I'm happy with it. I then curled it then used a brush to remove most of the clumps. It tinted and darken my lashes well and apparently it's build-able too. Overall...it's good. Not the best on the market but it's good for the price I got for it lol

on 10/22/2011 1:52:00 PM

Awful. Very little volume, no definition and it started smudging within an hour.

Absolutely loved this mascara. I used to use the old XXL Intense Volume + Length one but they discontinued it so I had to find another one.

I was skeptical at first about how well this would work, but I found it was great. It does clump a little bit at times, but it's not a big issue; enough re-brushing with the topcoat usually fixes any real problems.

I have very fair, short eyelashes, and this stuff really makes them longer and fuller. Not only that, but despite the fact that it's not waterproof, whenever I go swimming with this stuff on, it hardly marks up my face at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was crap. I usually use the Extensions one and I loved it. Thought I would give this one a try. I wore it maybe 3 times. It made my lashes clump really bad. They looked awful. I gave it to my sister.

on 11/28/2010 9:37:00 PM

24 hours my ass.

This is a bit fiddly -- a double-ended tube that you unscrew from one end to apply the black primer (brush attached to cap) and on the other to apply the "topcoat." I worry that the lettering will wear off the tube & then I'll be wandering lost in the woods, unsure which end to apply first, but that's neither here nor there.

I actually quite like the results of the "primer" -- very precisely defined, if not very voluminous lashes. When I apply the topcoat, my lashes often get a bit clumpy, and the mascara is actually *so* black that it looks rather fake. I don't mean fake in a kind of awesome "gosh, am I wearing false lashes?!" way -- but an uneasy territory neither big occasion dramatic NOR softly realistic. I don't feel that this mascara holds a curl particularly well, which is additionally irksome.

However, of all the sins this mascara has committed against me, the worst is its CONSTANT SMUDGING. For something that claims 24 hour wear, it comes nowhere close. Full n' Soft WP doesn't smudge on me...and yet this does. Every time. Within an hour or so of application, and regularly all day. I wipe away the smudges beneath my eyes, and by the next time I get a glimpse of myself, new ones have appeared. It *never* stops smudging. I do not wear this on my lower lashes, and have been testing this in non-humid, non-sweaty fall weather. My eyes are not watery. I have tried it while wearing primer potion on my somewhat oily lids & without. It smudges. It always smudges. To hell with you, "24 Hour Bold" mascara. For natural, defined lashes I recommend Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof, and for more dramatic and *actually* longwearing mascara, L'Oreal's Beautytubes. THAT stuff will not budge, I promise you.

on 11/10/2010 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used Intense XXL before and remembered liking it for what it was but not being impressed. I had a coupon and all the "new" XXL mascara's were on sale so I picked this one. I wish I had tried the microfiber one as people seem to be more happy with that one then the Bold.
I really don't understand what is bold about this mascara. I really love that the primer is black and NOT white like most 2 step mascara's - I have the hardest time getting the white covered! This primer is definitely better then the mascara its self and I sometimes just wear the primer and don't bother with the 2 step process.
I was running out of my last mascara (L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes) which I loved compared to this, just hate white primers as they never seem to be completely covered. Would not buy XXL Bold again but will use until the primer runs out.