Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.4

i am a total mascara fiend.. i immediately have to buy all new mascaras that come out.. i bought this and the volume Pro mascaras from Target.. this one in particular didn't do too much.. i was hoping for deep black lashes, and it seemed to be less than bold.. not bad, but not great.. just meh.. and the worst thing about this product is that i couldn't get this stuff off.. i had to try three different soaps, and oils to make this crap budge.. this was just the regular, i would hate to see what the waterproof is like..

on 1/3/2010 7:13:00 AM

I usually do not buy those mascaras with the primers because I hate the white primer, by the time you've covered every part of it you have a thick clumpy mess. Or you end up with dark grey lashes not the blackest black lashes you wanted. So when I saw the primer was as black as the mascara I had to try it. And I love it. My lashes look like I have on false eyelashes and they are shiny black. They look fuller but not rediculously so and they did not clump or flake or run. As far as removal I just used my MAC eye makeup remover followed by a makeup remover wipe for the entire face and it was gone. But that is my normal routine for removing makeup nothing special or extra. Got it from CVS and will definitely be going back to pick up a few more.

on 1/15/2010 8:48:00 AM

This is one of the best mascara's I've ever used! It goes on smooth and doesn't clump and WOW instant fake lashes!!!! It stays put (no pesky flakes) and I found it no harder then any other mascara to remove (I use oil based makeup remover and a cleansing wipe). FYI I've tried all type$ of mascaras from $3.99 - $50.00 and this one is great!

After using for some time now this product is ok. It's nothing really special and I prefer other mascaras over it. I don't like having to put a primer on and then my mascara. It always clumps on me and looks awful (spider lashes galore). I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If someone had asked me two days ago, I would have rated this about a three. It was clumpy and made my lashes look spidery. But I decided to give it another chance, and this time tried putting on the 2 side before the 1 side... and voila! Instant false eyelashes in a tube.

Long and perfectly thick but not clumpy lashes that stay curled ALL day (I have Asian eyelashes, they never ever stay curled for longer than a couple hours). I did get some flaking today, but it was very minimal and I think it actually came from my eyeliner.

For $7.49, go out and get this today! Seriously people, it's THAT good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara gave me false lashes. Wow... this gives good volume, length, and really holds a curl. The first step is just as black as the second step. This really made my lashes look longer, the longest I've seen a mascara has done to my lashes. Unfortunately after trying this for a few weeks, this mascara gave me raccoon eyes at the end of the day :( I was really wanting to like this one.

on 2/3/2010 11:30:00 AM

maybelline makes my all time favorite mascara - the one i always go back to... great lash. so i figured i would give this a try when a friend told me about it. i like it. i like it alot. i have tried it as its supposed to be used : #1 primer 1st then #2 mascara. Ive tried it as suggested by another reviewer #2 first, then #1. ive used it in conjunction with my great lash- kinda all blended and used the primer multiple times during coats of mascara and i find that way has worked best for me! today my lashes look amazing. i dont mind a little extra effort and time on my mascara to get my lashes gorgeous! the pay off for that little extra time is fantastic.

on 2/5/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up at wal-mart a few days ago. Prior to that, I kept passing it by in every store I saw it in thinking to myself, "I have a ton of mascaras already. When am I going to stop buying the newest mascaras thinking that I'll find a better one than what I have? I almost never do." I saw the few reviews on here and they were positive almost all across the board, so I caved.

Well, I'm glad I did cave and bought it because I am IN LOVE with this mascara! I've loved lash blast, and before that, volume couture (until I found out MF was being d/c in the US) but this blows them out of the water. It is definitely my new HG.

This literally made my short asian lashes look twice as long and much fuller! With lash blast, I got length and volume but my lashes didn't look dense enough. You saw a lot of space in between my lashes. This mascara gave me length, volume, fullness, holds a curl, and gives decent separation (once I learned to apply it in the way that was best for me). I use my sonia kashuk metal lash come like I do with all my mascaras for extra separation. I also agree that the extra effort and time to make your lashes look amazing is so worth it. You don't even have to retouch, maybe just re-curl your lashes hours later. I haven't needed to. For you ladies w/ already long lashes, I can only imagine what they'll look like w/ this.

For those interested in buying it, you should know that you may hate it at first, like I did. The formula seems dry and difficult to work with (which I realize now that it explains the staying power) The result was spidery and clumped some lashes together. I worked with it and I figured out that you have to apply it in fast strokes (I usually apply my mascara slowly trying to coat every lash evenly...didn't work so well with this, at least for me) to avoid clumps.

I agree w/ the previous reviewers. Basically, you have to try the primer and mascara one before the other and then vice-versa to see which method of application works best for you. I apply it like this: 2nd mascara 1st, THEN primer, then 2nd mascara again to seal it. My lashes can handle this much mascara and this sequence worked the best for me. So much better than my other xxl mascaras...like xxl extensions and the waterproof xxl. I love the fact that the primer is black. You don't have to worry about covering up the primer with the mascara and end up looking grayish. This mascara is a true black with a somewhat shiny finish. It stays on all day and removes easily with an oil based remover. Although Mary Kay "Oil Free" remover takes off everything, including this.

I've never gotten such great results from a mascara, let alone a false lash effect. I will most definitely repurchase.

You just HAVE to try this for yourself.
Maybelline has come out with other new xxl mascaras along with this and I'm eager to try them as well.

**Edit: This is still an amazing mascara and I'm keeping the lippie rating as-is. However, I've been using my Maybelline Lash Stiletto Volumptuous Waterproof more often because it gives me great results, although not as dramatic. I reach for it more often mostly because it eliminates the need for a primer, the extra steps, and the meticulous application. When I'm in a rush in the morning, I don't have the patience to use the Maybelline XXL Bold. On days I have ample time (definitely not a morning person!) or when I have a night on the town, I still love using it. And like I mentioned in the original review, the extra effort to get amazing lashes is worth it. So, I'd say this and Lash Stiletto are definitely my current faves.

on 2/7/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not so good for me. I usually avoid 2-step mascaras (I just hate another step) but because of the good reviews I decided to try it. My main beef with this is that I cannot get this stuff off my eyelashes!! I didn't think it was waterproof. Usually I can get most of my mascara off with a cleansingwipe and then facewash but this stuff just seems to cling on for dear life. After a week my eyelashes were totally coated and sticking to my eyelash curler. I swear a chunk of my eyelashes came out. I'll probably just finish it up but will not repurchase.

UPDATE** I changed this to a 1. This has completely destroyed my lashes. I don't know why it affected me like this as nobody else seems to have had this problem. I think all the rubbing to get the stupid stuff off just really thinned them out. I'm so sad :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this and another Maybelline mascara when Walgreens had a BOGO a few weeks ago. I normally don't like the mascaras with a primer. I am in constant search of a mascara that can lengthen and provide volume. Boy oh boy does this mascara deliver. It gives me the longest and most volumized lashes that I have ever had. I had a lady stop me at the mall and ask me how I got my lashes so long. I am using this mascara with the new L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting serum and I feel that this combo has given me some great results. I think that I have found my HG mascara. It really does last through the day. It doesn't clump or flake and it holds a curl through the whole day. I highly recommend this mascara!!