Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

4.7

on 2/2/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this mascara on the recommendation of my college age daughter. I have used these double sided mascaras in the past with good results so I felt the usual pull to try something new. On one side is a black mascara, or "primer" (probably the same mascara as the other end) with a smaller, thinner wand. On the other side is the top coat mascara, with a thicker, longer wand. The primer side does an amazing job of getting all the little hairs and into the tight corners without getting it all over your eyes. The top coat mascara with the bigger wand does a really good job of catching all those little lashes since the primer got them ready with a bit of product. It definitely lasted nearly 20 hours and was still looking great when I went to wash it off with a makeup remover cloth. No clumps, no racoon eyes and easy to remove with a remover wipe. I'm totally impressed and will definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2010 11:30:00 AM

maybelline makes my all time favorite mascara - the one i always go back to... great lash. so i figured i would give this a try when a friend told me about it. i like it. i like it alot. i have tried it as its supposed to be used : #1 primer 1st then #2 mascara. Ive tried it as suggested by another reviewer #2 first, then #1. ive used it in conjunction with my great lash- kinda all blended and used the primer multiple times during coats of mascara and i find that way has worked best for me! today my lashes look amazing. i dont mind a little extra effort and time on my mascara to get my lashes gorgeous! the pay off for that little extra time is fantastic.

on 1/3/2010 7:13:00 AM

I usually do not buy those mascaras with the primers because I hate the white primer, by the time you've covered every part of it you have a thick clumpy mess. Or you end up with dark grey lashes not the blackest black lashes you wanted. So when I saw the primer was as black as the mascara I had to try it. And I love it. My lashes look like I have on false eyelashes and they are shiny black. They look fuller but not rediculously so and they did not clump or flake or run. As far as removal I just used my MAC eye makeup remover followed by a makeup remover wipe for the entire face and it was gone. But that is my normal routine for removing makeup nothing special or extra. Got it from CVS and will definitely be going back to pick up a few more.