Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.3

on 9/14/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is really the best mascara I've used in term of the look it gives me. Long, perfect volume, yet define lashes. Everything is perfect apart from the fact that its really hard to get off. With my thin lashes this just mean that I sometime lose one or two lashes when I took my eye makeup off! =( still , this is the mascara I use every time I go out with friends. I just LOVE how my lashes look with this on.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I don't know why this mascara got such lousy reviews, I find myself reaching for this mascara much more then my Voluminous or Bad Gal lashes. I love the two step system and I like that the formula isn't too wet or clumpy. This makes false lashes even more gorgeous and dramatic. I also love this stuff for putting mascara on my lower lashes, it makes it easy because of the smaller wand and it doesn't smudge and make a huge mess. I haven't experienced any smudging or flakes from this mascara. Love!

on 8/22/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This mascara did not last at all. It rubbed off
On my under eyes even when I used powder.
I was left with raccoon eyes everytime!
I gave it many chances but I ended up just throwing
It way. It's not worth it.

I bought this to replace the original XXL Volume + Length microfiber mascara. I did not like the first initial try of this, but the second time around I started getting the hang of it. This mascara may be ideal for those with sparse thin lashes. You just really have to play with the mascara a few times to get the hang of it. I could see how a makeup artist would use this mascara to its fullest potential. One thing im not particularily fond of is that I have to wait for the second use for this mascara to reach it fullest potential and it does dry out a bit quicker than your high end mascaras. Bearing that in mind I have not found anything to rival this mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara quite a bit. I initially bought it in 2009 but lost it & thought that some "cult favorite" mascaras would be better (i.e. Maybelline Falsies, L'Oreal Voluminous). Again, mascara is just extremely YMMV that you just have to try several different ones to see what works for you. I am confident that this will be a staple in my mascara stash, though.

I have typical Asian lashes. They're thin and grow downwards, but I am thankful that I have a *bit* of length to work with. Throughout the years I have used mascara, I am a firm believer that the brush is a key player to how the end results look (although the formula is pretty important too!) For me, straight wands keep my lashes more organized than curved wands. Traditional bristles work better for me than do plastic/silicone bristles, but I'm not sure why. Now, I've heard a lot of times that bigger brushes are better for volume. I find this to be true, but I also run the risk of leaving a smudgy mess on my eyelids. This is where this mascara surprises me. The wands are thinner than your typical volumizing mascara. I was amazed by the amount of volume that I got, considering the size of the brushes.

If you do get this mascara, play around with it to see what works for you. I've read several reviews saying to apply the "2" side first, but I'll share what works for me. Before I get into that, I should say that I don't think that this is a primer+mascara duo. If anything, it's more like a mascara+topcoat duo. Side "1" is the actual mascara. I usually layer 2-3 coats of this side. Side "2" is the water-resistant topcoat that also adds a small, extra boost of volume. I add 1-2 coats before Side "1" dries up, wait for all of it to dry, then curl my lashes. The end result I get is dark, full, and clean lashes that stay curled all day. I *do* wish that this gave a bit more length, but it excels at other qualities that I look for in a mascara.

on 3/18/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For a non waterproof formula, it did hold the curl decently for ~ 5 hours. I didn't see "BOLD" volume or anything like that ... just darker lashes, but nothing too notable. I found the 2 steps to be kind of pointless - I tried going straight to step 2 once, and didn't see a huge difference from when I used step 1 first! It's an okay mascara - does the job in darkening lashes, but nothing out of this world :)

on 10/1/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this mascara. Gives similar results as the voluminous by L'oreal and the colossal by maybelline (my favorite). I just find it a bit dumb for having 2 sides when there are other mascaras that give the same look with just one coat of the same wand and formula. regardless this is still nice, gives length and defines each lash.

EDIT:
okay i don't know what i was thinking, this sucks!!! such a dryyyyyyyy formula! and i'm not wasting my time putting on 2 different wands of the mascara. It looks like its doing a good job when i'm putting it on, but when i look in the mirror latter on, it looks nothing like when i put it on, instead it looks dry, and soooo much less voluminous than it did before, def would not buy again

Absolutely loved this mascara. I used to use the old XXL Intense Volume + Length one but they discontinued it so I had to find another one.

I was skeptical at first about how well this would work, but I found it was great. It does clump a little bit at times, but it's not a big issue; enough re-brushing with the topcoat usually fixes any real problems.

I have very fair, short eyelashes, and this stuff really makes them longer and fuller. Not only that, but despite the fact that it's not waterproof, whenever I go swimming with this stuff on, it hardly marks up my face at all.

on 2/17/2011 11:37:00 PM

I have long but thin lashes, and this mascara makes them look exactly how I want them to look. I am so grateful to whoever wrote on her MUA review to only put the 1st step mascara on the tips of lashes. Without doing that, I am not sure I would love this mascara. For best results when using this mascara I heat up my lash curler with my blow dryer, (if you have never done this be VERY careful, it gets hotter faster than you think-always feel it with your hand first!) then I get a q tip damp but not dripping, and coat my lashes like it's a mascara wand. This makes the mascara glide on smoothly. Then quickly after that I coat the tips lightly with step 1, then right after that use step 2 all over, remembering to wiggle it gently at the base of my lashes to build up volume. I really like the finish of this mascara too, it looks amazing! I will recommend it to friends!

on 11/11/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

if i'm being cheap i use maybelline full & soft and on a special day i use mufe smoky lash. my mom suggested i try this because i never use mascara without a primer. after using this for about 5 days, i must say it is def. worth trying! i looove how the primer is black instead of the horrible white like every other makeup brand. the primer's brush really separates my lashes really well and makes them look really long. i wish i could buy the primer by itself because the mascara side is not that great. the mascara brush gives a clumpy application and gets flaky towards the end of the day. however, it doesn't give me raccoon eyes and really lasts 24 hours! the packaging is really chubs and its hard for me to get close to my eyes because the packaging is so thick and chunky. if maybelline was smart, they'd sell the primer by itself in a skinnier packaging because the primer is def. a winner!