L'Oreal HiP Crystal Duo (generally)

L'Oreal HiP Crystal Duo (generally)

1.8

on 10/18/2012 8:32:00 PM

Awful. Looks pretty in the pan, a light pink and a light silver - but there is no pigment, and the shimmer you get isn't even nice, just a powdery mess. I'll probably just throw it away, it's not even good enough for the "play" makeup bag I keep for my nieces.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this eyeshadow. I got this a long time ago in Showy which is a dark royal blue and a shimmery turqoise. One of the BEST DS eyeshadows I've ever used by far. The turqoise color was much more shimmery and pigmented, lasted all day. I barely used the royal blue color unless I used them together, mainly because I just don't wear that dark of a blue. I would put it on top of the other color sometimes and it lightened it up some and added some shimmer to it. I've tried to re buy this multiple times and they never have these shades. They're always sold out, I've used mine up totally now. The only thing is (at least I think it came with a crease brush) the little brush it came with isn't great for applying it. It will go on, it'll just take more swipes across to get that high pigmented look. I used one of my eco-tool brushes with it and it worked fantastic. I love this eyeshadow, I need more! I don't know why so many people are giving it bad reviews, the only thing I can see is the people who got it in the lighter more pastel colors don't seem to have much luck with getting it to stay on. This is the only shade I've tried in it. I think it's a little pricey, but it lasts a long time and does have pretty cute packaging. Definitely going to buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

the shade i have is "Romantic..." it's a duo of a frosty pink & a sparkly silver. THIS HAS NO PIGMENTATION AT ALL!! they are just shimmer! dont buy this!

since these are a lighter color, i imagine that the darker duos would have more pigment? idk.

on 3/14/2011 2:41:00 PM

At first I loved it and got a great discount on these eyeshadows, they come in really great highly pigmented colors however these eyeshadows COMPLETELY dissappear after a few hours. 0 staying power!!

I got the color 319 Mystic, it is a shimmering beige color and light greenish blue. It's such a beautiful summering color. Feels like a nice summer breeze...clean and cool~~~

Horrible! Got 3 of these on clearance and they are all terrible, no pigment, chalky, fallout mess. Cannot believe L'Oreal is still selling these!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate to add another bad review for the HIP shadow..but I have to. I purchased this a few months ago in the duo Darling (champagne and bronze/brown) thinking that I could get a few gorgeous neutral eye looks out of them. Yeah, I was wrong. While the bronze/brown shade is okay and I still use it occasionally to darken my crease, the champagne color is practically worthless. The texture is horrible--it almost feels like soppy crushed velvet--and it takes a ton of digging in the powder for any to pick up on my brushes. And even after that, there is so much fallout that my eyes end up having no color or shimmer to them at all. The darker shade is significantly better all around. The texture isn't as disgusting and it applies well with very little fallout. But overall, I would not recommend anybody spending the $8-$9 on this shadow. It is not worth it at all.

on 2/8/2011 1:29:00 AM

I fished three of these out of the clearance bin at my local drugstore, thinking, ooh, pretty colors. Yes, in the pan they are quite pretty but as others found out before me, the product is garbage. I really can't imagine how this flaky mess of a formula ever made it out of the L'oreal testing department.

on 1/18/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm with everyone else - I bought of the super sparkly metallic duos (sorry I can't remember exactly what it was called - I think it was "Romantic.) Anyway, it was all glitter, no pigment. The shadow is very flakey and barely sticks to your skin. I just ended up with glitter everywhere. I love the HIP matte shadows but this metallic sparkly one was a total bust!

If you have trouble getting the shade onto your lids, try using Sephora's "All Over Shadow" brush in #21 (or anything similar). It will pack TONS of color onto your lids

The brown shade is beautiful