Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme

4.6

Aqua, Castor oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Olive Husk Oil, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-37, Silicone Quaternium-18, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Trideceth-12, Diazolidinyl Urea, Trideceth-6, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 5/6/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have waist length hair that is colored every 7 weeks and then balayage (beach) every 6 months. I never had issues with frizz and tangles until I bleached the ends ($$$$ professionally).

I've been trying for 9 months to find the right deep conditioner to alleviate the problem in tandem with leave in sprays and oils. I probably have 20+ deep conditioners and treatments. NONE work as well as this. I put it in dry hair from the ears down and work it in. Then I just clip it up for 5-8 hours and then rinse, shampoo, condition.
For the first time in a year I was able to brush through my hair with zero tangles. It feels super soft. I wouldn't use this more than once a week, I feel that would be too much.
I don't really notice a smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has single handedly saved my hair... numerous times! I have gone from brunette to platinum blonde numerous times over the years and have been highlighting, straightening, bleaching, and generally torturing my naturally dark hair since I was 14 (approx 16 yrs!) I have always used a good shampoo and conditioner (Redken/Kerastase etc) but have always been lazy with masks; I tend to only use them when my hair has reached its breaking point (literally) and then forget about them again. Obviously, this isn't of much use as masks are designed to work over time and so I get limited benefit in the long term. The Elasticizer is entirely different! I can see instant results but they don't just last until the next wash. My hair feels soft, has noticeably less frizz, is far more manageable, and snaps less long after I have used this. I also find it far easier to use than a traditional mask. Putting it on dry hair before washing means that I don't have to set time aside for a treatment, I can simply pop it in an hour before washing my hair, continue with my evening and then wash it out, or pop it in before bed and leave it overnight. This might not sound like much of an advantage but it really makes such a difference. The combination of this and seeing immediate results makes me far more likely to use this every time I wash. My hairdresser has also commented on the remarkable turn around of my hair from full, flat, lifeless blonde to healthy and conditioned again. This product really is my holy grail and sure thing whenever my hair has reached the absolute end of what it can take.

on 10/23/2016 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love the Elasticizer Extreme. I bought this during the time I was going through a hair emergency overhaul - long neglect and using stripping silicone-laden shampoos and chemical bleach damage - but this was amazing. I vary how I use it: sometimes just 10 minutes before showering or sometimes as an overnight leave-in.

I swear, it works. Gave my hair strength, movement, flexibility, made it less prone to breakage and just...stronger in general. Not weighed down. But only if you don't use too much if you're doing a gentle shampoo wash - because it will not wash off too easily - or if you really soak your strands in it - then make sure you thoroughly shampoo it all off. It's worth it to have this in product in your hair care.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only thing that will recover my ends from being rough. I canīt stop running my fingers through my ends after using this. Pure love! Best product ever. Iīm a product junkie, I love testing it all, but this will never ever leave my bathroom.

on 5/23/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this stuff, but note that it's better to use it AFTER shampoo & conditioner. Think about it: if you use the Elasticizer an then shampoo & condition, you're washing out all the good stuff and your hair will instead soak up the chemicals from your shampoo. But if you use it afterwards and leave it in for at least a half hour, it washes out easily and leaves you with soft, silky, glossy, movie-star hair with lots of body and bounce. Trust me. While you're wearing the shower cap, exercise/do something to generate body heat (or just aim your blow-dryer at your head for a minute) - the product really penetrates the hair shaft when heat is added. :) And yes, it's pricey, but I have bra-length hair and my first tub has lasted me several months with weekly treatments.

on 1/28/2015 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for about a month and it has transformed my hair! I have struggled with damaged, dry hair and split ends for years and have used countless products and this is the only one that has had a noticeable, lasting effect. My hair feels smooth, nourished and so much more manageable. I will definitely be repurchasing...it makes me feel like all my other oils and products I usually use are pointless now!
You don't need to use much of it, a small amount a couple of times a week works perfectly so the money you spend on the large tub is worth it as it will definitely last. The best way to use it (I took advice from other comments on here) is to put a small amount through dry hair and leave it as long as you can. I usually put it on when I get home from work, tie my hair up and go about my evening then wash it off before I go to bed so it's on for a few hours.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I recently bought The 500ml packaging and its great, but The other one isn't as good. I LOVE this product and will always use it(until they discontinue,that is)!!! It seriously reduced the breakage of my over processed relaxed hair drastically. I leave it on overnight twice or thrice a week and it feels magical afterwards. Combing is a breeze, moisture is crazy! I took a huge leap in buying this but I am super glad that I got it.

on 11/29/2014 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Having read the other reviews I'm starting to think it's just me! I really didn't like this stuff, I've got coloured hair which I just want to keep in good condition but it felt so much worse after one use of this stuff. My hair felt like straw and it was a nightmare to try to wash out. Luckily I only bought a one use sachet, I'd be gutted if I'd done what I intended to and bought a huge bottle!

on 6/12/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had to come on here and share with everybody how amazing I think this hair product is.

My hair is very dry, dull and coarse. I have been bleaching it for years and years and recently bleached it all over, suffice to say it is in a pretty horrible state. I have purchased countless hair products - most very high end and then some 'secret treasure' formulas I've read about. NOTHING has every worked. No matter what the labels or reviews promise my hair is still very dull and hard to manage. Even when I spend hours doing it, a few hours later it is usually to uncontrollable again I have to put it in a bun.

Recently, out of desperation - I was trolling the beaty sites looking for a hair product that I hadn't yet tried. I discovered Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme and decided to check out the reviews. Most were glowing, so I bought the smallest tube available to try it out. I followed the instructions (wet hair with warm water and apply to hair, leave for 20 mins and shampoo out) and honestly I couldn't see that much of a difference, I was so disappointed. My friend, who also uses this product told me to keep using it and over time it would better my hair. I also remembered that one of the reviews on here that I read said to apply it on dry hair, so yesterday that's what I did. I had to go out so I couldn't leave it on for very long - about 15/20 minutes (I would have preferred to leave it on for hours). I washed it out with shampoo and then used Philip Kingsley's conditioner. I then blow-dried my hair and ran the straighteners over it to 'sleek' it up. My hair was very sleek and 'bouncy' and felt wonderfully soft. Now, almost a full 24 hours later, my hair is still very sleek, soft and controlled, which absolutely NEVER happens. Like I said, usually after a few hours my hair looks awful and I have to tie it up.

I really recommend this product to anybody who's suffering with thick/dry/coarse/hard to manage hair. I truly feel like it's one of the best, if not the best, products I have ever used - and I have used A LOT!

on 12/18/2013 11:59:00 AM

I was curious about PK's Elasticizer pre-shampoo treatment for a long time. When I finally decided to take the plunge (this stuff is $$) I went with the Elasticizer Extreme because I wanted to get the most bang for my buck. It took some experimenting to get this product to really work for me. Now that I've figured it out, this is definitely something I don't want to be without.

The instructions say to apply to wet hair, I didn't like the results when I did that. There was no noticeable difference in my hair whatsoever, very disappointing as I had high hopes for this product.

So I tried using it on dry hair instead, and the results are amazing! I apply generously, especially on my ends, put my hair up in a pony-bun and just leave it on for hours, sometimes overnight. Its texture is like that of a thick conditioner, but when distributed through hair it becomes more like a waxy pomade. I think with my hair put up I can get away with going out and running errands with this in my hair. It just looks like product. Then shampoo and condition like normal. When I finish styling my hair- Wow! This makes my hair so extremely soft and swingy and shiny. This treatment is the real deal, I love how healthy my hair looks after I use this. Worth every penny.

For reference, I have thick wavy-texture hair that I color and heat-style, so it's important that I take good care of it with the right products in order to prevent damage. As of right now I have a shiny, healthy head of hair and I want to keep it that way :)

Elasticizer Extreme is now one of my hair care staples, will absolutely repurchase when I run out.

Popular Hair Treatments