3.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

8 years ago

This may be one of the worst cleansers I ever bought, because it does a horrid job on doing what it's supposed to do - cleansing my face. After I dry my face, there is still a lot of residue left and "makeup traces" and I never had these issues before with other cleansers. It was for sale, I thought I'd give it a try - but I'm returning it after 2 uses.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Such a beautiful cleanser- this leaves my face feeling so soft and like just left the spa. It feels so luxurious when lathered on the face, I especially love using this in the shower- it combines with the hot steam, leaving my pores tightened and refreshed. I purchased this on clearance one day, and I have to say that I'm looking into trying more cleansers from Olay, I feel like they truly do work and leave your skin feeling radiant. After using this, and then moisturizing, I feel like my skin is just glowing :) I also like mixing this with a drop of exfoliator.

About reviewer (342 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

9 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this product! I was having some issues with my face breaking out while I was using a cleanser prior to this one. My mom gave this to me, and I was kind of leary about using it, since I had never used Olay products before. I figured it was worth a shot, my face couldn't have broken out any more than it already was. Within a week, my acne had completely cleared up!! (I'm not sure if it was the product I was using before that caused the break-outs, since my face is typically not acne prone). I haven't noticed a film, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention. I do use Witch Hazel after I wash my face, so that might be why I'm not noticing any makeup residue. Either way, great product. Would definitely buy again!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

9 years ago

OMG absolutley LOVE this product combined with the exfoliater makes my skin smell & feel amazing.! this really makes my skin soft and i dont get many breakouts i like how its gentle enough for everyday use and it last long because it really does not take much to get face clean and to get the product to foam!! ABSOLUTLEY LOVE FIVE LIPPIES

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 years ago

I have a oily combination acne prone skin, that breaks out from it's own oil. This is definitely not for people with dry skin, but it's perfect for my oily skin. I've been somewhat swayed by the whole "gentle cleanser" trend, and then I found myself scrubbing often, and putting more and more anti-acne medication on my "gently cleansed" skin trying to control breakouts, leaving it red and flaky. So I looked for a foaming cleanser with Sodium based detergent. This cleanser leaves my skin squeaky clean and even a little tight, but I stopped breaking out almost completely! I use it in combination with Olay Hydrating Fluid Sensitive Skin, and I don't have to use anti-acne medication any more, and use a scrub only once a week. So my skin is soft, glowing, and no longer red and flaky. I've only had better skin on antibiotics (when I had bronchitis). I don't wear heavy makeup, but it takes off light foundation without any problems.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

from

9 years ago

Kind of slightly reminds me of Estee Lauder's Clear Mud cleansing cream or something. Looks a little weird when you squirt this out, but it makes my oilyish in summer skin feel really fresh and clean, similar to the EL version. I would probably buy this again as I am a sucker for anything with the word "mud" in the title.

About reviewer (1543 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I actually really like this product. With all the negative I first regretted purchasing it, but after a while I realized what it was capable of. I had been using this wash for about two weeks, then I forgot it at my cousins house for about a week and a half. During that time, my skin got pretty bad, so I went and blew 40 bucks on new skin care products. The cleanser I got was Clean & Clear Morning Burst, the citrus kind. Ever since I started using it, my skin has gotten worse and worse. Finally I got my Olay back and have started to use it again. Hopefully my skin will go back to normal! This cleanser was about 12 dollars. It comes in a fairly large tube. My only complaint is the smell. It is WAY to perfumey. But other than that it laters lovely and I love it.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I actually like this product a lot. I can imagine it would give you problems if you used it plain, but the key to my success with it is using a squirt of it on an Olay Daily Facial cleansing cloth (or any brand of cleansing cloth). I lather it up and scrub my face with it and my skin is absolutely immaculate. It does sort of leave a film, but this is a cleanser with lots of detergents so it's inevitable. I like the smell and the weird silver color. It's a good deep-cleaning option, frankly.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

2.0

10 years ago

I did not like this cleanser at all. I like some other Olay cleansers, but this one made me break out all over my face. I gave this to my sister and it works fine for her, but if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin like me--I do not recomend this cleasner.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

okay well for this product, at first i wasnt sure about it because i would put it on and it just felt like a soggy mess on top of my face. it felt like it was really sinking in and felt heavy. but then i tried it later (i used it in the shower but i doubt that changed anything) and it worked amazinggggg. but although i still felt it was a tiny bit heavy and im not sure if it really sinks in, my skin was like amazinglyy soft after. and after you put on a good mosturizer, you skin feels really soft. oh and it doesnt take off your makeup well.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium