Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

2.5

on 2/10/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Its a nice shade, BUT I hate the formula of these lipsticks. They feel thick and lipsticky, they dry my lips out almost as much as Mac satin lipsticks, and they fade ugly, accentuating every wrinkle in my lips.

DO NOT LIKE

Rimmel moisture lipsticks are better, NYX rounds lipsticks are better too, and Revlon's colorstay/colorburst lipsticks are better too. Wait.. Most drugstore lipsticks are better. Maybe my problem is I don't use gloss. But I don't like having that slimy smelly stuff on my lips.

on 2/17/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For those of us who like to look expensive but refuse to put in the money or effort to look this way, this is one of the products that may help you. For one, neither the colour nor the packaging looks cheap. On my Indian skin this is a nudish pink-brown, not a true brown at all, and therefore it works perfectly for everyday. It gives me a relatively natural look that I can rarely find with lipsticks that bill themselves as nude, since they send to be made for lighter skin or for darker-skinned girls who prefer to look like a corpse. It's a little drying, but that's nothing some balm-under or gloss-over wouldn't fix. If you're of my skin tone, you can certainly pair this with a darker eye, but you can still look put together with a little liner and this lipstick. And when your friends gasp and ask you how you came to look so naturally glamourous, you can say "Maybe I'm born with it"...and they'll believe you, as long as you don't include the little Maybelline part.