Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

3.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this colour it is perfect for days when I want to wear minimal make-up as it isn't super pigmented or I am in a rush. Not only that but it feels great on the lips. It's a nice lipstick to have, but I don't think I would buy it again. It's a nice nude for me. but I don't think it is my perfect nude.

on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

on 8/23/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

After I fell in love with Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in "Autumn Rush" and then Maybelline discontinued it I went on a hunt for a similar colour, that's how I happened upon Crazy for Coffee. Autumn Rush may be listed as 265, and Crazy For Coffee may be listed as 275, but there is a major difference.
Crazy For Coffee doesn't show up as deep brown on me. It shows up as a mid-brown with red undertones. It's a little too much like my skin tone in artificial light. In natural light you can see the red in it, which makes it better.
I like Crazy For Coffee, but I don't love it half as much as I love "Autumn Rush". It's not a bad lipstick - I do find myself wearing it - but it pales in comparison with it's sibling Autumn Rush.
The only lipstick I've ever bought twice is Autumn Rush and that's because I really love it. I will not be repurchasing this lipstick, as there are greater lipsticks out there to be worn.