Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.8

This is a very under rated lipstick. Its a beautiful deep plummy-red-brown color. Its good when you'd like a deeper color without looking too bold or crazy. Its creamy in texture and wear well throughout the day. It may look intimidating in the tube, but on the lips it looks rosy and neutral. Definitely one of my HG lippies.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am rating this product based on its versatility and frequency of use compared to its price point, which isn't that expensive.
I am a yellow-olive NC30-C3 and this color isn't warm but rather, neutral on me, like a very dark nude/peach with brown tones. Like my lips but better. I can wear this color with every color of clothing and it still looks great with my skintone.
The smell doesn't bother me, like a vanilla-powdery playdoh; it's actually fine and compared to something like Revlon's Moon Drops, no worries. This Maybelline lipstick lasts longer on me because it is more drying and less moisturizing than their other formulas. I also like that because a least the base color will stay on my lips a long time. A definite "go to" color for me. I also love the classic Maybelline square packaging with silver accent- nice.

on 5/22/2011 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Stunning shade, a berry browny colour. Formula is moisturizing, sweet scent. Good to pick up when on sale.

on 12/8/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree that this shows up differently on everyone. It is more of a claret-y color on me. Definitely cooler. I need a warmer brown! Otherwise, the formula is divine. I wish that you could differentiate between cremes and frosts in this line.