Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.7

on 3/28/2018 10:46:00 AM

Why have i waited so long to review this? This is my go-to lipstick. I am fair complected, light eyes and hair. This looks GREAT on me. really makes my blue eyes pop. this is a brownish red on me, kind of like a dark cinnamon. the wear is good and this may be the first lipstick i actually use up completely. no fear, i already have another tube waiting in the wings. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I definitely did not need another lipstick. But I always somehow end up in the makeup section of the drugstore or Walmart or Target. Anyhoo..I really like this color!! It is not as 'nude' as many other nudes, it is neutral, but not 'nude'...(to me, nude is far less pigmented than this...)

The color can easily be built up. One swipe for a light natural flush of color, or build it up for more pigmentation, still being a very natural, neutral color. Feels decent on the lips and is not drying. I do not notice much of a smell, I see some mention a smell, and it does not bother me (and my nose is pretty sensitive to smells). There is a smell, kind of plastic smelling, maybe..? But to me, it is not as pungent as some make it out to be.

Great for keeping in your purse for that 'something' when you run to the store real quick and want to look somewhat decent/pulled together. Really you do not even need a mirror, if you are just careful with the application. Applies easily and smoothly and does not shift outside of the lines.

I think this goes with many eye looks and most skin tones can wear this, although those very dark complected may not get any pigmentation from this at all.

My only complaint is that it does not last that long, I usually have to re-apply after a couple of hours, three hours at the most. But it is so easy and effortless to re-apply, that I really don't mind. It does 'wear' nicely, meaning, it does not get gummy or gunky or turn weird colors. Just a nice safe staple lipstick that I am glad to have on hand pretty much at all times, and I think is fine for all seasons and many looks. Who would have thought that I almost didn't even bother with this one..? It is a great un-expected surprise. Very pleased.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this color. The formula is great too. It is a nice light to medium brown with no glitter or metallic flecks. Not matte but not glossy. The only small issue is the slight smell of the lipstick, slightly plastic. Goes great with the Rimmel Lip liner in Epic... almost an exact color match.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ever since I can remember I have always been drawn to brown or beige under toned lipsticks, wearing them all year round (maybe too influenced by being a 90's kid)! I noticed this when I found out wearing these colors is a trend for Fall season. A trend??? I own up to 20 lipsticks that are earthy warm! For me it isn't a seasonal preference; it's an everyday, all year round look! Some of my brown undertoned lipsticks are soft, others dark, I apply them depending on day or evening hours.
I have never been drawn to pink, purple, fucshia or peach lipsticks in my life!
So I was at Walgreens and almost jumped to the roof when I found out Maybelline has a beige/brown section for their Color Sensational lipsticks. I fell in love with all of them but could only choose one! So I went for this shade, Crazy for Coffee!
It is a beautiful warm earthy brown lipstick bullet and it applies smoothly on the lips! It doesn't dry the lips and the color is true to what you might expect. It has a satin finish, but what I mostly love about it is that it can be versatile. You can apply a thin coat for a subtle look or pack it on for nice warm chocolate lips! I absolutely adore it. It is perfect for my preferences and these type of colors combine nicely with my yellow under toned fair skin, red hair and hazel eyes. Adorbs!
These lippies retail for about $7 and I really want to purchase more from this line.

on 4/2/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted a replacement for my all time favorite lipstick: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Bitten Plum, which was discontinued... This isn't exactly the same, it's a bit browner, lighter and warmer on me, but it fills the same space Bitten Plum did- a good everyday colour that makes me look madeup but not over done. It's a bit sheer, and a little glossy, I don't know what other reviewers mean by dry or drying, this is a really soft, non dragging lipstick and is a little hydrating in my view. The smell is like a more artificial vanilla than the one MAC uses. Doesn't feather on my lips, and some softer lipsticks do. A good all rounder, would be a nice MLBB or nude on complexions darker than mine, on me it's present but subtle. As for the tube, I've had mine in my handbag for months- it's a bit scratched, but hasn't cracked, come open or anything. Here in Australia it's a bit expensive, but any folks in the US reading this go and buy it! It's a great subtle colour that would suit nearly everyone.

This is a very under rated lipstick. Its a beautiful deep plummy-red-brown color. Its good when you'd like a deeper color without looking too bold or crazy. Its creamy in texture and wear well throughout the day. It may look intimidating in the tube, but on the lips it looks rosy and neutral. Definitely one of my HG lippies.

on 1/12/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite lipstick. I read a blog describing this shade as suitable for a variety of skin tones. Being cool toned, I was skeptical, but I love it. It is rather dry, which I like because it stays on and fades evenly. It's a cool reddish brown on me, and it doesn't scream OLD LADY WEARING BROWN LIPSTICK like some shades do on me. Even hours after application, I have enough color left on my lips that I can apply balm and be fine. If you like lipstick that's rich and moisturising, this probably isn't for you; but then again, a little balm on top would fix that. It's definitely worth trying, and for the price, you don't have much to lose!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is gorgeous! Kind of a toffee/coffee color. It is a cream. But a rather drying cream. A very flattering shade for many skin tones I have no doubt. I've heard people gripe about the packaging. While it isn't Channel packaging - it seems fine to me for a drug store brand. Other than the dryness - the only other thing I can't seem to get past is the smell. While it isn't horrible - it certainly isn't pleasant either. I wish I could describe it better because Maybelline really needs to work on this. The closest I could come is "Wet plastic being made in a factory."

on 11/22/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The name is misleading. When I think of coffee colors, I think of browns not browned reds or pinks. This is brownish but it is reddish plum as well. It took me a while to get used to this color because I have nothing else like it. But, I do really like the way it looks on me. It brightens my face. The swatch on makeupalley doesn't look like it either. It's not a rusty, milk coffee color. It has some pink in it but a quiet, subdued pink.

I guess the shade is getting hard to find. I hardly ever find it stocked at Walmart and the slot is always empty. So, I had to get mine off of Ebay. Lucked out on it. It is a quite pretty shade but not a true brown. Concerning the universally flattering shade of brown everyone is talking about, I would loved to have seen a more brown color. But, brown obviously doesn't look good on everyone especially close to the face or on the face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a red and brown lipstick that doesn't "scream" either color. And I just love it when I'm not spending $30 on a tube of lipstick.