Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this color. The formula is great too. It is a nice light to medium brown with no glitter or metallic flecks. Not matte but not glossy. The only small issue is the slight smell of the lipstick, slightly plastic. Goes great with the Rimmel Lip liner in Epic... almost an exact color match.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ever since I can remember I have always been drawn to brown or beige under toned lipsticks, wearing them all year round (maybe too influenced by being a 90's kid)! I noticed this when I found out wearing these colors is a trend for Fall season. A trend??? I own up to 20 lipsticks that are earthy warm! For me it isn't a seasonal preference; it's an everyday, all year round look! Some of my brown undertoned lipsticks are soft, others dark, I apply them depending on day or evening hours.
I have never been drawn to pink, purple, fucshia or peach lipsticks in my life!
So I was at Walgreens and almost jumped to the roof when I found out Maybelline has a beige/brown section for their Color Sensational lipsticks. I fell in love with all of them but could only choose one! So I went for this shade, Crazy for Coffee!
It is a beautiful warm earthy brown lipstick bullet and it applies smoothly on the lips! It doesn't dry the lips and the color is true to what you might expect. It has a satin finish, but what I mostly love about it is that it can be versatile. You can apply a thin coat for a subtle look or pack it on for nice warm chocolate lips! I absolutely adore it. It is perfect for my preferences and these type of colors combine nicely with my yellow under toned fair skin, red hair and hazel eyes. Adorbs!
These lippies retail for about $7 and I really want to purchase more from this line.

on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

on 4/2/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted a replacement for my all time favorite lipstick: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Bitten Plum, which was discontinued... This isn't exactly the same, it's a bit browner, lighter and warmer on me, but it fills the same space Bitten Plum did- a good everyday colour that makes me look madeup but not over done. It's a bit sheer, and a little glossy, I don't know what other reviewers mean by dry or drying, this is a really soft, non dragging lipstick and is a little hydrating in my view. The smell is like a more artificial vanilla than the one MAC uses. Doesn't feather on my lips, and some softer lipsticks do. A good all rounder, would be a nice MLBB or nude on complexions darker than mine, on me it's present but subtle. As for the tube, I've had mine in my handbag for months- it's a bit scratched, but hasn't cracked, come open or anything. Here in Australia it's a bit expensive, but any folks in the US reading this go and buy it! It's a great subtle colour that would suit nearly everyone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am rating this product based on its versatility and frequency of use compared to its price point, which isn't that expensive.
I am a yellow-olive NC30-C3 and this color isn't warm but rather, neutral on me, like a very dark nude/peach with brown tones. Like my lips but better. I can wear this color with every color of clothing and it still looks great with my skintone.
The smell doesn't bother me, like a vanilla-powdery playdoh; it's actually fine and compared to something like Revlon's Moon Drops, no worries. This Maybelline lipstick lasts longer on me because it is more drying and less moisturizing than their other formulas. I also like that because a least the base color will stay on my lips a long time. A definite "go to" color for me. I also love the classic Maybelline square packaging with silver accent- nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that I own this lipstick. I never thought I would own another brown lipstick as I had come to the conclusion sometime in the mid-nineties that they looked like crap on me, and I was never going to waste my money on one again. But I checked out the link provided by the first reviewer to this color and was intrigued. And I'm happy to report that this color does not look like poop on my lip, and is actually a shade that would be really beautiful with with the kind of colors that I wear in the fall....rusts, oranges, browns, etc. It looks nice with my winter clothes too....might even look nice dabbed on really lightly with a tan in the summer. I'm not good at describing colors, but I think the way this mixes with the natural pink of my lips is what sets this apart from all other browns for me. Anywho, I'm pleased with this purchase, and don't feel like I wasted my money.