Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.3

on 3/2/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally a perfect nude lipstick for this Latina and that's comfortable to wear.. not too glossy, shimmery, or matte. I love it so much I will purchase another just to have an extra one, because I see myself wearing this color daily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I definitely did not need another lipstick. But I always somehow end up in the makeup section of the drugstore or Walmart or Target. Anyhoo..I really like this color!! It is not as 'nude' as many other nudes, it is neutral, but not 'nude'...(to me, nude is far less pigmented than this...)

The color can easily be built up. One swipe for a light natural flush of color, or build it up for more pigmentation, still being a very natural, neutral color. Feels decent on the lips and is not drying. I do not notice much of a smell, I see some mention a smell, and it does not bother me (and my nose is pretty sensitive to smells). There is a smell, kind of plastic smelling, maybe..? But to me, it is not as pungent as some make it out to be.

Great for keeping in your purse for that 'something' when you run to the store real quick and want to look somewhat decent/pulled together. Really you do not even need a mirror, if you are just careful with the application. Applies easily and smoothly and does not shift outside of the lines.

I think this goes with many eye looks and most skin tones can wear this, although those very dark complected may not get any pigmentation from this at all.

My only complaint is that it does not last that long, I usually have to re-apply after a couple of hours, three hours at the most. But it is so easy and effortless to re-apply, that I really don't mind. It does 'wear' nicely, meaning, it does not get gummy or gunky or turn weird colors. Just a nice safe staple lipstick that I am glad to have on hand pretty much at all times, and I think is fine for all seasons and many looks. Who would have thought that I almost didn't even bother with this one..? It is a great un-expected surprise. Very pleased.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this color. The formula is great too. It is a nice light to medium brown with no glitter or metallic flecks. Not matte but not glossy. The only small issue is the slight smell of the lipstick, slightly plastic. Goes great with the Rimmel Lip liner in Epic... almost an exact color match.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this colour it is perfect for days when I want to wear minimal make-up as it isn't super pigmented or I am in a rush. Not only that but it feels great on the lips. It's a nice lipstick to have, but I don't think I would buy it again. It's a nice nude for me. but I don't think it is my perfect nude.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A basic lovely muted brown. Wouldn't probably repurchase just because the color is nothing interesting. It's nice to have it for a no-brainer wash of sheer color. Very moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Ever since I can remember I have always been drawn to brown or beige under toned lipsticks, wearing them all year round (maybe too influenced by being a 90's kid)! I noticed this when I found out wearing these colors is a trend for Fall season. A trend??? I own up to 20 lipsticks that are earthy warm! For me it isn't a seasonal preference; it's an everyday, all year round look! Some of my brown undertoned lipsticks are soft, others dark, I apply them depending on day or evening hours.
I have never been drawn to pink, purple, fucshia or peach lipsticks in my life!
So I was at Walgreens and almost jumped to the roof when I found out Maybelline has a beige/brown section for their Color Sensational lipsticks. I fell in love with all of them but could only choose one! So I went for this shade, Crazy for Coffee!
It is a beautiful warm earthy brown lipstick bullet and it applies smoothly on the lips! It doesn't dry the lips and the color is true to what you might expect. It has a satin finish, but what I mostly love about it is that it can be versatile. You can apply a thin coat for a subtle look or pack it on for nice warm chocolate lips! I absolutely adore it. It is perfect for my preferences and these type of colors combine nicely with my yellow under toned fair skin, red hair and hazel eyes. Adorbs!
These lippies retail for about $7 and I really want to purchase more from this line.

on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

Lately I've been obsessed recreating the popular 90's look from my childhood - subtle brown lipstick and taupe eyeshadow (Hello, Buffy Summers and Rachel Green.) This color fits the bill. It's a light, caramel brown; not overpowering at all. It was about $6 at Walmart so it's a very decent investment. My only complaint is that the color doesn't last. I can tell I'll have to reapply this pretty frequently. However, with how cheap it is, I doubt I'll mind.

on 4/2/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted a replacement for my all time favorite lipstick: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Bitten Plum, which was discontinued... This isn't exactly the same, it's a bit browner, lighter and warmer on me, but it fills the same space Bitten Plum did- a good everyday colour that makes me look madeup but not over done. It's a bit sheer, and a little glossy, I don't know what other reviewers mean by dry or drying, this is a really soft, non dragging lipstick and is a little hydrating in my view. The smell is like a more artificial vanilla than the one MAC uses. Doesn't feather on my lips, and some softer lipsticks do. A good all rounder, would be a nice MLBB or nude on complexions darker than mine, on me it's present but subtle. As for the tube, I've had mine in my handbag for months- it's a bit scratched, but hasn't cracked, come open or anything. Here in Australia it's a bit expensive, but any folks in the US reading this go and buy it! It's a great subtle colour that would suit nearly everyone.

on 12/29/2012 10:32:00 PM

My lips but slightly better. lol. Exactly what I have been on the hunt for.

One, I have tried every brand and almost every formula. Expensive ones, drug store ones, Mary Kay. I am sooo surprised I didn't not try Maybelline sooner. Best lipstick. Seriously. I love how it feels on my lips. It feels like it's going to be on for a while and it does. It does have a scent like everyone else has mentioned and I like it!

Two, I have been looking for my everyday, carry in my purse lipstick forever!! I love love love this color. I am obsessed with it. Put on at home just to look at it. lol. I am sure the novelty will wear off. Anyways. On me, it's a nude color. Brown with a slight amount of pink. When it starts to fade, it gets a little more pink.

Three, I gave the packaging a 3 because I don't like the squareness. I carry a very small wristlet and round tubes fight better. Otherwise it's ok.

I believe this will look good on everyone and everyone should have this in their lipstick wardrobe for running around on Saturdays. :-)

Popular Lipsticks