Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.4

on 2/10/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Its a nice shade, BUT I hate the formula of these lipsticks. They feel thick and lipsticky, they dry my lips out almost as much as Mac satin lipsticks, and they fade ugly, accentuating every wrinkle in my lips.

DO NOT LIKE

Rimmel moisture lipsticks are better, NYX rounds lipsticks are better too, and Revlon's colorstay/colorburst lipsticks are better too. Wait.. Most drugstore lipsticks are better. Maybe my problem is I don't use gloss. But I don't like having that slimy smelly stuff on my lips.

on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

on 8/23/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

After I fell in love with Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in "Autumn Rush" and then Maybelline discontinued it I went on a hunt for a similar colour, that's how I happened upon Crazy for Coffee. Autumn Rush may be listed as 265, and Crazy For Coffee may be listed as 275, but there is a major difference.
Crazy For Coffee doesn't show up as deep brown on me. It shows up as a mid-brown with red undertones. It's a little too much like my skin tone in artificial light. In natural light you can see the red in it, which makes it better.
I like Crazy For Coffee, but I don't love it half as much as I love "Autumn Rush". It's not a bad lipstick - I do find myself wearing it - but it pales in comparison with it's sibling Autumn Rush.
The only lipstick I've ever bought twice is Autumn Rush and that's because I really love it. I will not be repurchasing this lipstick, as there are greater lipsticks out there to be worn.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is gorgeous! Kind of a toffee/coffee color. It is a cream. But a rather drying cream. A very flattering shade for many skin tones I have no doubt. I've heard people gripe about the packaging. While it isn't Channel packaging - it seems fine to me for a drug store brand. Other than the dryness - the only other thing I can't seem to get past is the smell. While it isn't horrible - it certainly isn't pleasant either. I wish I could describe it better because Maybelline really needs to work on this. The closest I could come is "Wet plastic being made in a factory."

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this colour it is perfect for days when I want to wear minimal make-up as it isn't super pigmented or I am in a rush. Not only that but it feels great on the lips. It's a nice lipstick to have, but I don't think I would buy it again. It's a nice nude for me. but I don't think it is my perfect nude.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A basic lovely muted brown. Wouldn't probably repurchase just because the color is nothing interesting. It's nice to have it for a no-brainer wash of sheer color. Very moisturizing.

Lately I've been obsessed recreating the popular 90's look from my childhood - subtle brown lipstick and taupe eyeshadow (Hello, Buffy Summers and Rachel Green.) This color fits the bill. It's a light, caramel brown; not overpowering at all. It was about $6 at Walmart so it's a very decent investment. My only complaint is that the color doesn't last. I can tell I'll have to reapply this pretty frequently. However, with how cheap it is, I doubt I'll mind.

on 2/24/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't worn brown lipstick in years. At least since 1998. However, I have a tom of pink, red, and plum lipstick, so I decided to try something else. I am so glad that I did. This color looks so good on me. It is really close to my lip color but less pink and more brown. It gives me a polished without being too noticeable look. I do find the formula drying, so I wear chapstick under this. Also, I reapply the chapstick every hour or so. The color fades over time but it takes a few hours. It fades very nicely. No weird lines or feathering.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the type of color I don't usually wear and normally wouldn't select, but I had been meaning to get a spice/cinnamon stick type color of lipstick for doing a different type of look. I saw others with similar coloring to mine use a color like this and thought it might work well. For reference I am tan, about NC42, but probably lighter now because it's winter and I'm using Retin-A.

COLOR: medium-dark, warm toned brown, VERY much like a cinnamon stick (they have a shade called 'Cinnamon Stick' but its a lot more red)
TEXTURE/FINISH: smooth, shiny but not glossy, and not flat like the pink shades I've tried in this line

It's very pigmented, you only need one swipe of this, otherwise it comes out too dark and heavy looking/feeling.

I was afraid of getting this because I was worried it would be too dark for me. The other shade I was thinking of getting instead was 'Tinted Taupe'. But in the end I got this because of the name (oh yea, like you never do =P), and because this looked a lot richer than 'Tinted Taupe' which appeared to be shimmery.

I won't be adding this into my regular lipstick rotation, but I'll be using it as a 'sometimes' lipstick. I probably won't repurchase because I doubt I'll finish it, and if I do - there's so many other things to try.

on 12/8/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree that this shows up differently on everyone. It is more of a claret-y color on me. Definitely cooler. I need a warmer brown! Otherwise, the formula is divine. I wish that you could differentiate between cremes and frosts in this line.