Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.6

on 3/28/2018 10:46:00 AM

Why have i waited so long to review this? This is my go-to lipstick. I am fair complected, light eyes and hair. This looks GREAT on me. really makes my blue eyes pop. this is a brownish red on me, kind of like a dark cinnamon. the wear is good and this may be the first lipstick i actually use up completely. no fear, i already have another tube waiting in the wings. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I definitely did not need another lipstick. But I always somehow end up in the makeup section of the drugstore or Walmart or Target. Anyhoo..I really like this color!! It is not as 'nude' as many other nudes, it is neutral, but not 'nude'...(to me, nude is far less pigmented than this...)

The color can easily be built up. One swipe for a light natural flush of color, or build it up for more pigmentation, still being a very natural, neutral color. Feels decent on the lips and is not drying. I do not notice much of a smell, I see some mention a smell, and it does not bother me (and my nose is pretty sensitive to smells). There is a smell, kind of plastic smelling, maybe..? But to me, it is not as pungent as some make it out to be.

Great for keeping in your purse for that 'something' when you run to the store real quick and want to look somewhat decent/pulled together. Really you do not even need a mirror, if you are just careful with the application. Applies easily and smoothly and does not shift outside of the lines.

I think this goes with many eye looks and most skin tones can wear this, although those very dark complected may not get any pigmentation from this at all.

My only complaint is that it does not last that long, I usually have to re-apply after a couple of hours, three hours at the most. But it is so easy and effortless to re-apply, that I really don't mind. It does 'wear' nicely, meaning, it does not get gummy or gunky or turn weird colors. Just a nice safe staple lipstick that I am glad to have on hand pretty much at all times, and I think is fine for all seasons and many looks. Who would have thought that I almost didn't even bother with this one..? It is a great un-expected surprise. Very pleased.

on 12/29/2012 10:32:00 PM

My lips but slightly better. lol. Exactly what I have been on the hunt for.

One, I have tried every brand and almost every formula. Expensive ones, drug store ones, Mary Kay. I am sooo surprised I didn't not try Maybelline sooner. Best lipstick. Seriously. I love how it feels on my lips. It feels like it's going to be on for a while and it does. It does have a scent like everyone else has mentioned and I like it!

Two, I have been looking for my everyday, carry in my purse lipstick forever!! I love love love this color. I am obsessed with it. Put on at home just to look at it. lol. I am sure the novelty will wear off. Anyways. On me, it's a nude color. Brown with a slight amount of pink. When it starts to fade, it gets a little more pink.

Three, I gave the packaging a 3 because I don't like the squareness. I carry a very small wristlet and round tubes fight better. Otherwise it's ok.

I believe this will look good on everyone and everyone should have this in their lipstick wardrobe for running around on Saturdays. :-)

on 1/12/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite lipstick. I read a blog describing this shade as suitable for a variety of skin tones. Being cool toned, I was skeptical, but I love it. It is rather dry, which I like because it stays on and fades evenly. It's a cool reddish brown on me, and it doesn't scream OLD LADY WEARING BROWN LIPSTICK like some shades do on me. Even hours after application, I have enough color left on my lips that I can apply balm and be fine. If you like lipstick that's rich and moisturising, this probably isn't for you; but then again, a little balm on top would fix that. It's definitely worth trying, and for the price, you don't have much to lose!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is gorgeous! Kind of a toffee/coffee color. It is a cream. But a rather drying cream. A very flattering shade for many skin tones I have no doubt. I've heard people gripe about the packaging. While it isn't Channel packaging - it seems fine to me for a drug store brand. Other than the dryness - the only other thing I can't seem to get past is the smell. While it isn't horrible - it certainly isn't pleasant either. I wish I could describe it better because Maybelline really needs to work on this. The closest I could come is "Wet plastic being made in a factory."

on 11/15/2010 10:03:00 AM

I love this color. I had put it away for a little while and recently started using it again. I apply, put a little dusting of powder over it and reapply again. Stays on all morning and just a touch up in the afternoon.

on 3/12/2010 2:09:00 PM

I confess that I bought this based on the previous review which cited the Real Beauty top universal shades, although when I looked at that website, I almost didn't. Even on the Asian & brunette models whose skin tones are closest to my own, it looked awfully brown and I've reached the age where very brown l/s looks bad on me. However, Walgreen's was having a BOGO sale and the actual product looked much nicer. It is indeed a nice, wearable brownish color with enough red & rose tones to make it flattering, and I would imagine it would be a great neutral shade for dark skin tones. Maybelline seems to have worked out the initial problems with the Color Sensational l/s since mine has no smell and the texture is quite smooth. If you want brown but are worried about how it would look, try this one.