Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Maybelline New York color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

4.2

on 3/2/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally a perfect nude lipstick for this Latina and that's comfortable to wear.. not too glossy, shimmery, or matte. I love it so much I will purchase another just to have an extra one, because I see myself wearing this color daily.

on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

on 12/8/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree that this shows up differently on everyone. It is more of a claret-y color on me. Definitely cooler. I need a warmer brown! Otherwise, the formula is divine. I wish that you could differentiate between cremes and frosts in this line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a red and brown lipstick that doesn't "scream" either color. And I just love it when I'm not spending $30 on a tube of lipstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I concur with the previous reviewer--the reason this is a "universally flattering" brown is that it doesn't have any yellow tones (so even very cool-toned women can pull it off). It is more of a mauvy-gray-brown. For that reason, though, it isn't quite as flattering to my warm-toned complexion as I'd hoped. I do like the color on its own merits as a deeper neutral (it fades to a chic YLBB pinky-nude after an hour or so) and appreciate the sophistication in the Color Sensational shade range, which rivals Bobbi Brown and other more expensive lippies.

The lesson to me, as always, is that "universally flattering" doesn't matter as much as what flatters ME. For that reason, I prefer Cinnamon Stick and Get Nutty in this line. Those are warmer browns that look better on me. I do like the Color Sensational formula and packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that I own this lipstick. I never thought I would own another brown lipstick as I had come to the conclusion sometime in the mid-nineties that they looked like crap on me, and I was never going to waste my money on one again. But I checked out the link provided by the first reviewer to this color and was intrigued. And I'm happy to report that this color does not look like poop on my lip, and is actually a shade that would be really beautiful with with the kind of colors that I wear in the fall....rusts, oranges, browns, etc. It looks nice with my winter clothes too....might even look nice dabbed on really lightly with a tan in the summer. I'm not good at describing colors, but I think the way this mixes with the natural pink of my lips is what sets this apart from all other browns for me. Anywho, I'm pleased with this purchase, and don't feel like I wasted my money.