Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.5

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 8/2/2016 12:41:00 AM

It makes my skin super soft BUT it kept my foundation from blending into my skin. Also felt like it made my makeup slip around and prevented if from setting. Would not recommend for anyone with oily skin!

I absolutely love this product. I have combination skin. The key to any product is you have to look at the ingredients active and inactive. Dimethecone which is a type of silicone coats your skin. I haven't had any issues or problems with using this product The key is the 2x wash. When taking your makeup off at night that should be considered one time. The second wash is to make sure that your skin and pores are properly cleaned out and not clogged up. Being a Cosmetologist I can tell you that. Try it, it makes a difference. And when you apply your moisturizer, do so on damp skin, neck & decoliete. Ok, back to the review. I moisturize, let dry and then use lightly and sparingly. I start around the eye area and work the rest around my face. I wait a few and then do the foundation. It's clear in color and it goes on very smoothly and leaves your face feeling soft. I have noticed a difference in the eye areas. I'm happy with the product. I hope that this helps somewhat. I like to think that's what these forums are all about. Telling people about what you liked about it, and maybe helping out other people if you can. 😃

To Read all 154 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/20/2015 10:49:00 AM

I'm 48 with fine lines and a little crepe and this is PERFECT under mineral powder foundations, adds staying power without caking all day. Doesn't settle into creases and stands up to the Aus climate! I have tried it under cream foundations and my makeup started to slip off... FYI after a little investigating I discovered that the 'M Dream Smooth Primer' has exactly the same ingredients, which is interesting considering the amount and price difference!? (M Instant Age Rewind the better value.) 'M Baby Skin'? Basically the same, although there are a few additional fruity things, etc. Whoopti do?!...Hmmm???

This primer is just awful. It did make my skin feel like silk, but it seemed to me my foundation just sat on top of this stuff. I could not blend the foundation into my skin, and just made me look like a grease monkey. I just no longer trust ANY Maybelline products.

on 8/14/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my HG products. I actually use it on my under eye area. I apply moisturizer and then the Maybelline age rewind primer. When I apply my under eye concealer it's smooth, never creases and the little lines are completely invisible.

overall made my skin really greasy and oily feeling. thought i'd use maybe half the tube before deciding an opinion. I just am not really liking it, if anything it makes my pores more noticeable.

My pot of this product has just ran out and my new primer just isn't cutting it. This is a great affordable silicone type primer and I love it, even though I don't really need an anti-ageing primer (I'm 20). The one negative I have is that if you use a super creamy foundation over the top or have oily skin it will slide around a bit if you don't set it with powder.

I bought this primer to help with pores/fine lines and it does not help cover any of these (there was no before/after difference when using this except my skin felt more slippery). Made my t-zone oilier than normal so it is a fail for me. I am currently trying a lancome pore primer sample and it seems to cover pores much better.

My advice for primers is test a handful of samples before purchasing :)

on 1/23/2015 2:47:00 AM

This has been my go-to primer for years. My skin is very oily in some areas and dry/flaky in others, and this primer helps create a smooth canvas. I use about a pea-sized amount for my entire face. I'm very happy with the look it gives my foundation, but not sure if it makes it last longer. I recommend not applying this primer to the eyelid area if you're going to wear dark eye makeup as it can move around.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll start with the positive side *works great with powder foundation * little bit goes along way -Negative impact- - in less than 2 hours, my face looked greasy, foundation/powder was bubbling on top. just awful. please avoid this product. you were warned.