Chanel Particulière

Chanel Particulière
ParticulièreChanel Particuliere

4.1

Particuliere is a greyish brown which flashes purple when the sunlight hits it. It looks amazing and more purple in the bottle, but on the nails it is very brown and even on the direct sunlight, the purple is not as visible.
Application is good - it is not streaky, but you'd need 2 coats.
The wear is average - 2-3 days.

on 4/1/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okey I get it, Chanel sets the trends but I don't like this color. It has strong brown undertones meaning not so hot. If you like it and looking for a cheap dupe, look for Flormar 413. Pastel 75 pulls more purple. I personally prefer purple undertones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this polish when it was first released, right when "greige" polishes were beginning to surface. I was in love with the color, but quite disappointed with the application. Two coats was opaque, but it was streaky and required a third coat to remedy this. The lasting power is awful. Even with a good top coat, after two days it is chipped and looks terrible. I have had this problem with most Chanel polishes, though. Less than a quarter of the way through the bottle the polish began to get thick, and I had to add thinner to apply it.
Also, since purchasing many other greige polishes, I began to notice that Particuliere has a brown tint to it, and others are much more flattering without the brown undertone (Ex: China Glaze Below Deck).
I would not repurchase this.

on 7/12/2012 1:10:00 PM

I bought this color shortly after it was released in Spring 2010, and it is still one of my favorite polishes. I am planing to go buy another bottle of it this week! I polished my nails with this shade last Saturday, using a base and top coat, and it is now Thursday and only 2 nails slightly wore off at the tips - the nails I used to scrape off a tag. I touched them up yesterday by applying another coat of color on those nails and they look great.

By the way, I do not work for Chanel or any marketing company or have any affiliation with promoting the product - I simply love it and want to share my opinion.

on 3/31/2012 1:03:00 AM

Like all Chanel polishes this one is of exceptionally bad quality.

It chips within hours even with 2 layers and a top coat!

You will find loads of online reviews where people complain about the exceptionally bad quality of Chanel polishes.

Chanel polishes have to be some of the worst quality polishes around.

on 3/18/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Due to some many positive reviews I bought this nail polish. This is the third time I bought a chanel polish. I didn't like the quality then and this time I made my final conclusion; it's not worth buying! Chanels' nail polish chips within a day and needs three layers for an acceptable result.

I find the color particuliere boring and old fashion. Maybey it has to do with my yellow undertone but it looks darker than in the bottle. The color is too brown. I had hoped that it would be more grey/taupe.

on 12/10/2011 8:37:00 AM

Very nice colour, although I don't like weird colours normally. The same quality as other Chanel products - lasts long if you do nothing with your hands, or 3 days if you do (and I am really hysterical about chipping). I really like it.

on 4/17/2011 8:11:00 AM

I can't stop staring at my toenails. Such an intriguing colour. Chanel does such unbelievably good quality polishes. Applies effortlessly. Stays on forever.

on 4/1/2011 4:51:00 PM

I LOVE THIS COLOR. I'm addicted to it. I've worn it every day for the last month and I'm still not tired of it. I've gotten so many compliments on the color as well. Chanel nail polish is always great too, it takes a beating and doesn't chip easily. I seriously plan to go buy 2 more bottles just in case it turns out to be a limited edition color.

on 3/30/2011 3:42:00 PM

I remember that I saw this nail polish on one friend's nails last year. I was impressed by the soft grey-coffee colour and its shiny texture. Unfortunately it was sold out in Italy and I couldn't get one. Two weeks ago I saw it at the Chanel counter of a department store in Florence, where I live, and the sales clerk told me there were just a few available. I couldn't resist and I bought it. And then I realized that Particuliere was the "it" colour in Italy. It is on the nails of every MUA and every girl who wants to look cool. To be true, I prefer to be original, but in this case, I'm very happy to be part of the club! Highly recommended nail polish. Check the latest Chanel Coco Mademoiselle ad: Particuliere shines on Keira's hands!

Popular Polishes