L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (all colors)

L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (all colors)

Price: $

Price: $

I own the gold color
Very fine glitter, creates a lovely shimmer effect
Prone to fallout, though that is likely common for loose pigments (this is the only one I own)
Horrid packaging
Even worse brush - stiff, rough, crumpled; use your own slim brush to dip or pour out the powder

Like other reviewers here, I love love love this product and HATE the packaging. Sooooo, for just $1 each at my local Dollar General or Dollar Tree store(s), I will continue buying this amazing product. All ya have to do is just re-pot these and use one of the little shadow brushes you already have or buy a cheap one that works with it. When I look a bit dull and my face needs that little something extra, I just wet this stuff, dab a bit of it in the center of my eyelid and VaVaVoom I look SO much brighter & healthier, not to mention it takes off a few years! Try it....you're sure to love it!!!!!

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

I have this in two colors, Honeysuckle and Melon Sorbet.

Honeysuckle is a lovely shimmery nude cream shade, great neutral everyday color. Works well as a highlighter for the tear duct area too.

Melon Sorbet is a shimmery pale golden coral, it reminds me of MAC Melon. I wore this a lot during the summer, I was just really digging the pretty melon color.

First, I have to address the packaging. It needs a redesign, for sure. You twist open the cap and it has a little brush inside of a narrow opening. First time I looked at that brush I literally said "WTF is this" out loud, LOL. That brush is the saddest thing ever, hard sparse bristles that scratch the skin and doesn't pick up any pigment, so bizarre. Just...why? Why is it there?!

So I just take that lame brush out, and turn the bottle upside down and gently tap the eyeshadow into the cap, then use a real brush to pick it up and apply.

It has a nice texture to it, nice and smooth, and the pigmentation is actually really good even without primer. But primer really makes it vibrant and last longer.

I've had no problems with these eyeshadows, for a dollar they are pretty darn good, and I plan on getting some more colors. A good amount comes in the package too so it will last forever. Check it out next time you're at the dollar store.

I have purchased these in multiple colors. I loved all of the colors but hated the packaging like the rest of the reviews. I would not have repurchased these but I recently depotted three of these gems and I love them. I placed three of them in a standard 3g jar and one in one of the jars you get at dollar tree for glitters and whatnot (8 for $1 package). The 3g jar (from the $1 bin at Target 3 in a pack) works like a dream and a little at the top is left for dipping your brush and tapping off excess. I don't have the sifters in the jar. I have changed my mind about this product and would repurchase but have to remember to take the time to depot these things.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the product and the color the only problem I have is the packaging and the brush it SUCKS.please do something about it.I won't buy again unless packaging is changed.over all I give a 4 because of the color just not worth fighting to get it out.and having to use that crappy brushIF U CHANGE IT I would buy again

on 6/2/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using these pigments since I was in high school. The quality of the actual product is unfortunately tainted with the bullshit packaging. The brush is grossly mangled and not useable. The packaging would greatly benefit from having the brush switched out and replaced the with a sort of plunger. But other than that, I love it. The lighter shades do have more reflect. The mid tone shades are perfect for simple washes of color during the day. And the darker shades layer beautifully over other shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Congrats to this eyeshadow for having the mot horrible packaging, but the best product hidden away inside. I honestly don't think any packaging could be worse than this, but I'm more than willing to put up with it for the actual product that comes inside- that is WAY more important anyway.

If you haven't tried these puppies wet, you better head to your powder room RIGHT NOW, put some fix+ on your brushes and get to work!!! I have the shades sunshine, and chocolate sprinkles. Used dry these shadows are brilliant, but used wet...amazing!

Now if you have never foiled pigments before, all you need to do is take anything wet- water, setting spray (this is why I referred to fix+ before), or my favorite- eye drops! Eye drops are a staple in my makeup bag for this reason. They instantly intensify any eyeshadow you own.

Put either of these things on your eyeshadow brush (please for the love of all things good, do not use the brush they give you with this product. I'd rather you use a kabuki brush on your eyes before you use the brush that comes with this) and dip it into the product. You can place the foiled pigment all over your lid, or just in the center of the lid. Placing it in the center will give the eye dimension, and a bigger, brighter look.

Like I said before, if you own these and have only used them dry, you are missing out. They look great dry, but foiled they just look SO AMAZING. It makes me emotional just talking about it. I wish they would make these in more colors, I only own two because I would never wear the other colors they offer.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk review, people. These pigments are very comparable to higher end pigments. The consistency is really quite good, especially considering the price. You get quite a bit of product, so I can't see myself every actually running out of them, which is nice. Used dry they can fallout a little, but this is normal for pigments, it's not a con, I'm just pointing that out. Used wet you get slightly less fallout, and you can purchase "glitter glue" primers that prevent fallout all together, even with chunky glitters.

The shade sunshine is a color I usually foil and place in the center of the lid. Chocolate sprinkles however, looks AMAZING over MAC's "club", I put these two all over the lid, and of course use different shades to blend through the crease. This pair together GIVES ME LIFE. If you don't have Club, a pretty good dupe is found in the WNW "comfort zone" palette, it's the "definer" shade on the bottom right hand side.

Overall these pigments are very impressive, I love them and get a lot of use out of the shades I own. 10/10 recommend :D

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually use the lollipop color as a blush. Its perfect for me. Its ok as a shadow but love it on my cheeks. I use a blush brush, not the one that comes with it. Hate the packaging tho.

on 5/5/2014 10:56:00 PM

I got the color Radiant and I am in love!!!!! It is such a perfect daytime shadow! I would recommend this product.

on 3/29/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging of the loose eyeshadow absolutely sucks but the product itself is ok. I have four of them in the colors honeysuckle, chocolate sprinkles, radiant, and sunshine. I absolutely love the colors as they have just enough sparkle, and I use them pretty much everyday. The pigments can be quite messy if used dry and leads to alot of fallout. However, I've found out that if you apply the eyeshadow with a damp sponge applicator with an eyelid primer underneath it last thoughout the day. I gave it four stars because even though the product itself is ok, the brush is an absolute nuisance and I advise depotting the eyeshadows.